A free PC game every few days

Windows, Mac, DOS, and all those-other personal computing platforms
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Re: A free PC game every few days

Post by CRTGAMER »

I've Got Some Balls

No kidding, that is the name for this Freeware "Control the Marble" game. I had this one for a while, got reminded of it when Opa Opa mentioned a game for the Wii called Vertigo. Control the ball with the keyboard or a modded to keyboard encoder gamepad. A behind the ball view as you negotiate various mazes and tracks. Tricky to stay on some tracks, one can easily dropp into the void below. A little of Super Monkey Ball and a lot of the classic Arcade Marble Madness!

http://www.caiman.us/scripts/fw/f822.html

Image Image
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

J T
Next-Gen

Post by J T »

Bruce Lee: Revenge of the Dragon
Size: 142 MB

Bruce Lee didn't die. He only stopped his heart. Now he has risen from the grave to seek revenge on whoever tried to kill him. This game is a beatemup using the OpenBOR engine. It's not the best game I've recommended- you'll recognize some sprite rips, there is some bad hit detection at times, the game is short and feels incomplete. But it's Bruce Lee and it lets you kick some ass, and you know, that's all I needed from this game. It's good campy fun for Bruce Lee fans.
My contributions to the Racketboy site:
Browser Games ... Free PC Games ... Mixtapes ... Doujin Games ... SotC Poetry
jfrost
Next-Gen

Post by jfrost »

LOL, is Bruce Lee a palette swap of Fei Long? I mean, it's fitting, but funny.
J T
Next-Gen

Post by J T »

jfrost wrote:LOL, is Bruce Lee a palette swap of Fei Long? I mean, it's fitting, but funny.

Yeah. :lol: They do something similar with Hanzo from Samurai Shodown later in the game as well. Like I said, the game isn't much and they steal left and right, but it was good for a cheap thrill.
AmishSamurai
Next-Gen

Post by AmishSamurai »

IGNEOUS

You're a tiki head trying to escape an erupting volcano. You roll down inclines and dodge obstacles and jump over pits. Short game made for the digipen contest.

http://www.igneousgame.com/IgneousDownload.html
MrPopo wrote:The life lesson here is jobs will come and go, but Earthbound will always be there for you.

I'm a girl btw
J T
Next-Gen

Post by J T »

Oniken
Size: 21.5 MB

Oniken is a bit like Strider in that you slash and dash your way through the levels with a big sword, only with more difficult and demanding platforming, which keeps it from feeling as fluid and acrobatic as the Strider games. It's made to look and feel like a game straight from the NES days. It follows your usually layout of through levels and fighting boss battles, with a little bit more of an open world like a metroidvania.
KDub
Next-Gen

Post by KDub »

So I played RE: Alistair++ from the Doujin games thread and then played Don't Take it Personally, Babe, it just Ain't Your Story...I'm addicted.

RE: Alistair++ was ok but Don't Take it Personally Babe was real cool. I can't really describe why I liked it so much but I'm now a fan of Visual Novels...
J T
Next-Gen

Post by J T »

KDub wrote:So I played RE: Alistair++ from the Doujin games thread and then played Don't Take it Personally, Babe, it just Ain't Your Story...I'm addicted.

RE: Alistair++ was ok but Don't Take it Personally Babe was real cool. I can't really describe why I liked it so much but I'm now a fan of Visual Novels...

Did you play Katawa Shoujou yet? I really, really like that one. Unfortunately, it stopped working on my PC for reasons I do not understand. I was really getting into it. Now I can't launch it without freezing my whole computer so much that I have to force a reboot.

You might also want to try Digital: A Love Story, which is by Christine Love who also made Don't Take It Personally Babe.
KDub
Next-Gen

Post by KDub »

Haven't decided if I want to try Katawa Shoujo yet. Kinda sitting on the line with the content.

I have downloaded Digital: A Love Story and I like it but not as much. The way this story is told I feel very disconnected from it. You don't even know what you/the character is saying in the reply emails. Plus it is like staring at a computer screen within a computer screen so it doesn't draw me in as much haha.

I tried two others but they were just parts of the full (yet to be finished) story. One was called Anton's Vacation which was a kind of Parody with some sci-fi mixed in to the story. It is about a commander of a futuristic empire finally getting a vacation but it not turning out like he wanted. I liked it and will be keeping an eye on it.
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=10366

The other one was called @Camelia Girls. It is a story about a girl who transfers to a new all girl private school. It is a little too bad anime/otaku friendly in story and a little cheesy but also not bad, it kept my attention. Will probably follow this one too for kicks.
Though not sure there will be more since this first part was finalized/released in December '10 and there hasn't been any development news on the site....
http://cameliagirls.com/
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

Post by o.pwuaioc »

KDub wrote:I have downloaded Digital: A Love Story and I like it but not as much. The way this story is told I feel very disconnected from it. You don't even know what you/the character is saying in the reply emails.

Yeah, but you can kind of figure it out from the replies. My only beef with Digital was that it was way too short. I wanted a lengthier story, more motivation to save Emilia, more interactions with the characters, and most of all, more hacking!