Left 4 Dead 2

Windows, Mac, DOS, and all those-other personal computing platforms
Mozgus
Next-Gen

Re: Left 4 Dead 2

Post by Mozgus »

J T wrote:Valve has responded to all of the complaints saying that this is a different game with enough content to be a full game. They intend to continue adding to the original Left4Dead, so they don't want you to get your panties in a twist just because a sequel is coming out and you're afraid they will abandon add-on developments for the first game.

Time will tell.

Valve says many things, and only comes through on maybe 30% of them. Look at how popular counter strike eternally is, and yet CSS hasn't had any real kind of patch in years.

Blizzard still supports their products better than anyone, despite having one of the lamest fanbases in the entire universe. Hell, Diablo 2 is set for a patch in a few weeks that is supposedly raising the resolution cap, among other things.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

Dont worry I am one of those whiny Valve fans. I like Valve, they are one of my favorite developers, and have provided countless hours of enjoyment from their products. However in recent years they have started to shun alot of their old fanbase. Like Mozgus posted, Counter Strike is one of the biggest FPS titles of all time, and there has not been patches to fix severe problems in several years. But now we are going way off topic.
GO CHAINSAW.
RadarScope1
Next-Gen

Post by RadarScope1 »

I do hate it when devs make sequels to killer games I like, and then force me to spend money on them.

People who sign Internet petitions should re-think their own existence.
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

Post by ZeroAX »

RadarScope1 wrote:I do hate it when devs make sequels to killer games I like, and then force me to spend money on them.

People who sign Internet petitions should re-think their own existence.

people who buy fifa every year, just to get the new updated roster should rethink their existence.
BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.
Mr.White555
64-bit

Post by Mr.White555 »

I think the REAL reason valve is making it a stand along game is because there wouldn't be a feasible way to release the new content of the consoles. The game should be a $20-30 expansion of the first game, not some standalone sequel that doesn't do all that much. But since Valve wants to make money the best way is to make it physically available to console consumers. CONSOLE GAMES SELL!!!! Shit thats why there hardly any PC exclusives anymore. If they made it free dlc they wouldn't make any money(duh) and if it was DLC for the consoles it wouldn't sell as much as a new release. Ironic considering the whole steam distribution crap. Once again PC games get the shit end of the stick this generation. (Note: I have joined the steam group protest on the grounds it should be an expansion for the PC)
cyborc
32-bit

Post by cyborc »

Hitler is pretty pissed about it too. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQe4tlsfRbY
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

Post by ZeroAX »

cyborc wrote:Hitler is pretty pissed about it too. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQe4tlsfRbY

lol man at least read the whole 2 page thread before posting. it's in the exact previous page...

....and also that video has been done to death, great movie, but I only liked the first parodh I ever saw of it (where hitler's 360 got banned from xbox live)
BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.
cyborc
32-bit

Post by cyborc »

my bad, didn't notice.
RadarScope1
Next-Gen

Post by RadarScope1 »

Mr.White555 wrote:CONSOLE GAMES SELL!!!!

Not that I think Valve is abandoning the PC or anything, but does anyone else see L4D2 as Valve's first real push into the console mainstream? It's basically an annualized (though only for one year at this point) sequel. That's the bread and butter of console hardcore sales.