Windows, Mac, DOS, and all those-other personal computing platforms
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Re: Mouse recommendations?

by Xeogred Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:54 pm

The thing I really didn't like about Razer Synapse is that it has to be running in the background to control the mouse lights and whatnot. I think the mouse speed settings hold though.

Frankly, does ANYONE like LED lights on their mouses? As someone in a dinky apartment with my office and bed in the same room, I have to physically cover this crap up when I go to bed. lol, too lazy to dismantle things and take the lights out... just wish you could turn this junk off with a simple button or whatever.
Arenegeth
24-bit

by Arenegeth Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:17 pm

Xeogred wrote:Frankly, does ANYONE like LED lights on their mouses?

There's a big market for RGB lighting on pretty much everything PC, not just mice. To the point that RGB LED's have started to be added on motherboards, fans, even ram sticks!

So yes, there's a lot of people out there whose rig looks like something out of the Vegas Strip.

Me personally, I don't like stuff to be too gaudy, and especially not pulsing light or anything like that, only LED in my computer that's not system related, is on my two frontal fans, but I'll probably spruce thing up a bit when I upgrade.
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen

Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

by samsonlonghair Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:57 pm

Arenegeth wrote:
Xeogred wrote:Frankly, does ANYONE like LED lights on their mouses?

There's a big market for RGB lighting on pretty much everything PC, not just mice. To the point that RGB LED's have started to be added on motherboards, fans, even ram sticks!

So yes, there's a lot of people out there whose rig looks like something out of the Vegas Strip.

Me personally, I don't like stuff to be too gaudy, and especially not pulsing light or anything like that, only LED in my computer that's not system related, is on my two frontal fans, but I'll probably spruce thing up a bit when I upgrade.

LED keyboards bug me too. I like mechanical keyboards, but most of the “gamer” keyboards have the cheapest mechanical switches to leave room in the budget for more LED color-changing lights. I can see the point of a backlit keyboard at night, but I don’t need it, and I definitely don’t need it to change colors. The money would be better spent on higher quality switches.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

by Xeogred Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:49 pm

One night with the G403 ... this thing absolutely destroys the DeathAdder. I actually dig the little optional weight it comes with, the optional software requires no registered account to use unlike Razer's crap, the grip, buttons, clicking... this all feels like a true premium mouse. :mrgreen:
Erik_Twice
Next-Gen

by Erik_Twice Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:04 am

One of the reasons I picked up my Zowie mouse was the lack of lighting or any other "gamer cool".
Looking for a cool game? Find it in my blog!
Latest post: Often, games must be difficult
http://eriktwice.com/
Nintendork666
Next-Gen

by Nintendork666 Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:13 am

Logitech G602 is the best mouse I've ever used personally.

IT's completely wireless with no lag whatsoever, stylish, long battery life, customizable buttons, and up to 2500 DPI!
AMD Ryzen™ 9 7900X // MSI GAMING X TRIO GeForce RTX 3090 Image
Return to Personal Computers