eBay links and general discussion of auctions
Soldier Blue
128-bit

No Ebay item specifics for very popular games?

by Soldier Blue Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:01 pm

Any one else notice that they seem to be deleting all of the item specifics? I already looked up some of the most popular games like Mario Kart Wii, Goldeneye 64, Donkey Kong country 2 and the games aren't even in their database. It makes it harder to sell anything if there are no item specifics available.
Racketboy and Seller Feedback: Racketboy +7,
Video Price Charting Store:
https://www.pricecharting.com/offers?se ... rni7irmnam
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Re: No Ebay item specifics for very popular games?

by Tanooki Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:53 pm

It's also their system being awful too. I've hit enough times something won't come up when I try and type a name or variants, but if I search the game I'll check a few paid listings and I'll find it does have one, so then I hit the 'sell another copy' link they have and do it that way. Their system is just garbage as much as in some cases it neglects info too.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

by CRTGAMER Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:09 pm

Soldier Blue wrote:Any one else notice that they seem to be deleting all of the item specifics? I already looked up some of the most popular games like Mario Kart Wii, Goldeneye 64, Donkey Kong country 2 and the games aren't even in their database. It makes it harder to sell anything if there are no item specifics available.

Not sure what you mean, unless you want specific categories in your sell list broken down to each game?

As a customer I just type in both the console name and game title in the Ebay search block. Get pretty accurate hits this way.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

Fragems
Next-Gen

by Fragems Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:23 pm

Thing I had issues with most recently was it had a thing for swapping the details to another "version" of the game for instance stuff would pop up as "french version" with no specifics for the standard US release popping up in the search when starting a listing :P.

Also had a lot of items that would fail to show up in searches for days or even weeks at a time, but that seems to be a pretty common issue with eBay. Editing the details on occasion would fix it but eBay is just really finicky sometimes.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

by Tanooki Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:47 pm

Ebay is viewed best as a messy pile of used bandaids applied over one another along with part of their scripts being held together with twine and chewing gum.

I can't even remember how many years it has been now that you could pop a price in the box and be set because these days you have fairly strong odds of it erasing what you enter when you move to the next click/text box. It's infuriating. You basically have to click around on other junk to enter other data, then come back, then it will stick in most cases. It's not OS or browser based as I've seen lots of complaining online and I've used it on various mixes to still see it. They need to drop a bomb on the whole mess and start over clean.
Fragems
Next-Gen

by Fragems Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:01 pm

Tanooki wrote:Ebay is viewed best as a messy pile of used bandaids applied over one another along with part of their scripts being held together with twine and chewing gum.

I can't even remember how many years it has been now that you could pop a price in the box and be set because these days you have fairly strong odds of it erasing what you enter when you move to the next click/text box. It's infuriating. You basically have to click around on other junk to enter other data, then come back, then it will stick in most cases. It's not OS or browser based as I've seen lots of complaining online and I've used it on various mixes to still see it. They need to drop a bomb on the whole mess and start over clean.

The trick is you put the price in then wait about 10-15 seconds while the page updates. It will actually do a loading wheel most of the time if you watch closely. Same goes for the best offer check box :P. They just don't really give a shit about fixing things they are to busy trying to complicate the rules and cater to corporate/warehouse sellers.
BoringSupreez
Next-Gen

by BoringSupreez Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:16 am

I haven't bought anything off of Ebay in years now, just because of how awful the site has become. In their effort to stay modern, the ease of use and functionality have dropped off. I'd much rather use an ugly site that works, than an attractive one that's unreliable and inconsistent. Amazon gets 90% of my purchases now, and half.com (the part of Ebay that didn't get modernized) gets the remainder.
prfsnl_gmr wrote:There is nothing feigned about it. What I wrote is a display of actual moral superiority.
mjmjr25

by mjmjr25 Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:42 pm

Ebay had their 6th most profitable year in history in 2015. (1.72 billion net) - 6th best in 21 years.

This is a year many "unpopular changes" were made after a a poor year (2014 - 46 million net) - their least successful year since early 2000's when they started branching out worldwide.

Change is always difficult - but to suggest their changes have been negative, at least for the company, would be a gross misunderstanding of success / financial viability as a company.
Return to Auctions