eBay links and general discussion of auctions
Tanooki
Next-Gen

What's the deal with multicarts on ebay?

by Tanooki Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:00 pm

I've seen them so often that it's ridiculous. I've even bought a couple of them off there in the last few years. I was tired of my Famicom Golden Game 260in1 and put it up and it got pulled just a moment ago as a policy violation. It seems to me to be hypocritical bullshit considering the others up there now and that have cleared for months (years) on there that were paid. It seems to be very inconsistent, and I copied the listing bodies of those that were pay and that didn't seem to help. I'm guessing someone decided to be a childish snitch and ebay bothered to actually look?
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

Re: What's the deal with multicarts on ebay?

by Hobie-wan Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:04 pm

There's tons of bootleg garbage discs from the UK full of emulators with arcade roms and 'abandonware' too. I'll report stuff when it's deceptive bullcrap pretending to be real, but I leave ones that are as clear as they can without specifying enough to trip automatic stuff and have bought a few even. Did you say multicart or bootleg specifically?
ninjainspandex
Next-Gen

by ninjainspandex Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:02 pm

sell it here, and skip the ebay fees
Tanooki
Next-Gen

by Tanooki Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:18 am

It has been up on here for around 2 weeks. I've also had up for as long as I've had a thread here a pair of very nice snes multicarts for $15 each too. They just don't get any hits. I'm more surprised by the Golden Game since it has all those taiwanese games including Wild Ball which some screwballs pay way too much for.

I just was curious more what the mentality of hypocrisy going on with ebay and the listing being pulled while a dozen others don't.
retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

by retrosportsgamer Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:32 am

Hypocrisy isn't really applicable - it's based on people flagging stuff or the terms you use that auto-flag it for them.
TSTR
Next-Gen

by TSTR Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:26 pm

You should have used these terms in your listing:

L@@K
RARE
VINTAGE
FUN
Tanooki
Next-Gen

by Tanooki Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:34 pm

Hahaha no doubt. I actually kept it minimal compared to what I normally write and just copied the body of multiple minimal successful purchases as to not draw attention. :)
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

by Hobie-wan Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:50 pm

It also just depends on whether people happen to come across a particular listing while it is up. If someone report happy isn't looking for a particular system's games that week, it might not get reported. No different than getting a good score because nobody else bid on something that usually shoots up high.
Return to Auctions