eBay links and general discussion of auctions
Kahokian
24-bit

First time Ebay user questions!

by Kahokian Wed May 01, 2013 4:42 pm

Sorry I know this has probably already been a topic but I have yet to ever sell anything online via ebay, game gavel, etc. I recently stumbled upon a great find and was able to pick up quite a few duplicates for my collection. I figured for the price I couldn't pass the games up. So my questions are----Should I list the games individually, pair them, sell them as a whole? Also what is the average shipping cost of just and individual snes/nes games? Also How should I list them ( as buy it now auctions, should they have reserves). I apologize for my complete lack of knowledge in this matter.

Following games I want sell or trade..

Nes:
Blaster Master
Castlevania
Ninja Gaiden
Metroid
Contra
Super Mario Bros 2

Snes:
Super Metroid
Mega Man X
2 Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past (one is the players choice)
2 Super Mario Worlds
Super Mario World 2 Yoshi's Island
Donkey Kong Country 2
ninjainspandex
Next-Gen

Re: First time Ebay user questions!

by ninjainspandex Wed May 01, 2013 4:46 pm

sell individually for sure, these are staples and any collector interested is sure to have most of these already. As for shipping a single cart as long as your in the US it shouldnt be more than $3-$4 with tracking in a bubble mailer. You may want to consider selling the games here on the Buy/Sell/Trade forum you could work out some deals and skip the considerable percentage that Ebay takes from your sale.

PS I need Donkey Kong Country 2 snes cart ;)
Ziggy587
Next-Gen

by Ziggy587 Wed May 01, 2013 6:54 pm

Out of the games you've listed, definitely don't pair any of them. Some times it can be worth it to bundle games, but I don't see what you have being a good example. More than likely you would make less than what you could get if you sold them individually.

Taking ebay's insertion fee into consideration though, you would save a few bucks if you bundle. For example, if you bundled all the NES games in one auction and all the SNES games (excluding the LttP and SMW dupes) in another auction. Then you would be only paying the fees for two auctions, as oppose to 12. IIRC, it's something like $1 or $1.50 to list an auction. So you'd save $10-15 if you bundled them as suggested above. Don't forget though, eBay takes a percent of the final sale price, so you'll be paying more or less the same fees there, you'd just be saving on the insertion fees. If you don't mind losing $1-2 per game from the insertion fee, then I would recommend NOT bundling them.

A good bundle situation is if you were selling something that would be more of a set, like all three Castlevania games or all six Mega Man games for the NES, or all three Donkey Kong Country games for the SNES. Some people would rather pay a few extra bucks for the convenience of buying a set of games in one lot, rather than hunting for the best examples individually.

My Sale Thread - SNES and N64 added! BLACK FRIDAY SALE! I am selling around three quarters of my video game collection as well as some other odds and ends!

I want to buy Universal Game Cases, if you have any spares please PM me! I'm looking to only deal with members that have good BST feedback on this forum.
bmoc
Next-Gen

by bmoc Wed May 01, 2013 7:16 pm

You get 50 free listings a month now as a standard user. Just FYI :D
Kahokian
24-bit

by Kahokian Wed May 01, 2013 8:16 pm

The dc2 is yours is you want it. I well say tho it has a CM on the label of the cart. Which i think can possible be removed with some deligent removal skills. Should i set up a pay pal. I will definetly post some pics when i get back home. Btw i have to mention i found demon crest at the same location for 5 bucks i will post a pick with the price tag. The guy was a collecter himself selling of duplicates. My jaw dropped when i saw he had it at that price!!!
Retrodude
128-bit

by Retrodude Thu May 02, 2013 1:50 pm

Every so often, you do come across someone like that. If the "good stuff" hadn't been cleared out yet, it means that local resellers hadn't found it, so my recommendation is to keep quiet about it so maybe the word won't get out. If you watch Game Chasers or Retro Hunters, you see what I'm talking about (assuming Game Chasers isn't staged, of course).
I'm not a glitch, I just have pixlexia.

Raiiban wrote:That's a moral dilemma. Capitalism has no morals.
Ziggy587
Next-Gen

by Ziggy587 Thu May 02, 2013 2:11 pm

bmoc wrote:You get 50 free listings a month now as a standard user. Just FYI :D

Yeah, I don't know what qualifies though. I haven't listed anything on eBay in years, and the two items I listed a week or two ago didn't qualify. I don't remember the reason.

My Sale Thread - SNES and N64 added! BLACK FRIDAY SALE! I am selling around three quarters of my video game collection as well as some other odds and ends!

I want to buy Universal Game Cases, if you have any spares please PM me! I'm looking to only deal with members that have good BST feedback on this forum.
bmoc
Next-Gen

by bmoc Thu May 02, 2013 2:26 pm

You are right. There are a few caveats to the free listing thing: http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/insertion-fee.html#free
oxymoron
Next-Gen

by oxymoron Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:20 pm

Ziggy587 wrote:
bmoc wrote:You get 50 free listings a month now as a standard user. Just FYI :D

Yeah, I don't know what qualifies though. I haven't listed anything on eBay in years, and the two items I listed a week or two ago didn't qualify. I don't remember the reason.

you can selling anything.
Return to Auctions