eBay links and general discussion of auctions
EllertMichael
Next-Gen

Avoid CheapGameStuff on eBay

by EllertMichael Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:42 pm

I paid for a PSX SCART cable from CheapGameStuff on eBay on March 20th with an Estimated Delivery between Tue. Mar. 26 - Mon. Apr. 1. Since they are based out of CT and I'm in MA it should have only taken a couple days.

April 3rd rolls around and the item is still not marked out for shipping. So I message them on the status and they send me this:
no one of our ex employees hacked into our paypal account. The account is temporarily shut down. That account is used to ship items.
We can do nothing till the end of the week .I am sorry. If you wish to cancel I understand.

Lies, obviously. They have had my information for weeks already. And if they have no paypal account they shouldn't still be listing thousands of items on eBay :roll:

At this point I notice they have re-listed the same cable at more than twice what I paid for it. With "More than 10 Available" it's obvious they are trying to coerce me into asking for a refund.

I ask them to ship my item immediately and within minutes they reply "it is shipping monday."

So this morning I look and it's STILL not marked out for shipping :evil:
I message them for a tracking number, and they still haven't messaged me back.

I get an email from Paypal saying they refunded me "Message from merchant: unable to locate this item. we have refunded you in full"

Unable to locate?! They have MORE THAN 10 AVAILABLE currently listed!

Avoid these liars.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Re: Avoid CheapGameStuff on eBay

by noiseredux Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:19 pm

that sucks. FYI, this is basically the 3rd party company Innovations I believe. I've bought lots of their stuff over the years.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

by CRTGAMER Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:15 am

Please Post The Sellers Store Front Link
Seriously, what good is a heads up without information so others can be aware? The seller was sloppy not updating the store inventory, at least they gave you a refund.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

EllertMichael
Next-Gen

by EllertMichael Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:17 pm

CRTGAMER wrote:Please Post The Sellers Store Front Link
Seriously, what good is a heads up without information so others can be aware? The seller was sloppy not updating the store inventory, at least they gave you a refund.

:?: Their name is in the subject line :lol:
http://stores.ebay.com/Cheap-Game-Stuff ... 7675.l2563

It's not about updating their inventory, it's about a month's worth of lying and finally canceling a sale to try and get me to re-order the same cable at twice the cost. They are a scam.
Return to Auctions