eBay links and general discussion of auctions
retrogamecraze
Newbie
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:31 am

New "Repair Box" N64 Thumbstick Replacement Available Now

by retrogamecraze Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:40 pm

There is a brand new mass-produced N64 thumbstick replacement on the market now for those of you who are interested:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=251191945700
PeNguinn97
8-bit
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:43 pm
Location: MA, USA

Re: New "Repair Box" N64 Thumbstick Replacement Available No

by PeNguinn97 Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:32 pm

retrogamecraze wrote:There is a brand new mass-produced N64 thumbstick replacement on the market now for those of you who are interested:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=251191945700


That's awesome! :mrgreen:
Those things break so easily, good to know there's hope. :lol:
I Own: Sega Genesis Model 1 (High Definition Graphics Model), SNES, PS2 Slim, Xbox, Wii, Xbox 360, DSi, GBA SP AGS-101
User avatar
Ziggy587
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 13356
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:12 pm
Location: NY

Re: New "Repair Box" N64 Thumbstick Replacement Available No

by Ziggy587 Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:39 pm

Awesome. I'll have to check it out. I wasn't 100% satisfied with "Gamecube-like" replacement stick.
Image

My Sale Thread - I am selling around three quarters of my video game collection as well as some other odds and ends!

Mod & Repair Services - For Racketboy members only. I can mod and repair items, build custom items, and more!

I want to buy Universal Game Cases, if you have any spares please PM me! I'm looking to only deal with members that have good BST feedback on this forum.
User avatar
elmagicochrisg
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 5048
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:18 pm
Location: In my own little world...

Re: New "Repair Box" N64 Thumbstick Replacement Available No

by elmagicochrisg Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:47 pm

Still looks like they have the same design, and probably the same design flaw...

If you buy these, I suggest you lube them up with some silicone grease for longevity...
Image

Dreamcast DUX Limited Edition for sale (new, odorless and sealed)

All forum members are equal. But some are more equal than others. - George Orwell
User avatar
s1mplehumar
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 5140
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 2:26 pm
Location: Ragol (FORREST 1)

Re: New "Repair Box" N64 Thumbstick Replacement Available No

by s1mplehumar Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:07 pm

No offense, but for $9 what's the point? I can buy very nice N64 controllers all day for $10.
Nintendo ID, PSN, XBL: Eronnicus * Steam ID: s1mplehumar * Switch Friend Code: SW-3270-7921-5525
User avatar
KDub
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 1647
Joined: Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:47 pm
Location: St. Louis, MO

Re: New "Repair Box" N64 Thumbstick Replacement Available No

by KDub Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:58 pm

^Yeah a very expensive replacement part
AppleQueso
 

Re: New "Repair Box" N64 Thumbstick Replacement Available No

by AppleQueso Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:59 pm

s1mplehumar wrote:No offense, but for $9 what's the point? I can buy very nice N64 controllers all day for $10.

Certain colors and whatnot are more expensive, and it's cheaper to buy this part than replace them.

The Toys R Us gold ones come to mind.
User avatar
s1mplehumar
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 5140
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 2:26 pm
Location: Ragol (FORREST 1)

Re: New "Repair Box" N64 Thumbstick Replacement Available No

by s1mplehumar Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:58 am

AppleQueso wrote:
s1mplehumar wrote:No offense, but for $9 what's the point? I can buy very nice N64 controllers all day for $10.

Certain colors and whatnot are more expensive, and it's cheaper to buy this part than replace them.

The Toys R Us gold ones come to mind.


Truth. Still, I'd rather keep fancy 64 controllers OEM. I can't be the only one here with N64 "playing controllers", and boxed shelf controllers.
Nintendo ID, PSN, XBL: Eronnicus * Steam ID: s1mplehumar * Switch Friend Code: SW-3270-7921-5525
User avatar
xan_racketBOY_fan
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 1098
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:22 pm
Location: California

Re: New "Repair Box" N64 Thumbstick Replacement Available No

by xan_racketBOY_fan Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:44 am

Think this will be any better than the OEM's? I love the GC style ones, they make playing the likes of Banjo Kazooie an even better playing-experience.
Image
AppleQueso
 

Re: New "Repair Box" N64 Thumbstick Replacement Available No

by AppleQueso Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:49 am

s1mplehumar wrote:
AppleQueso wrote:
s1mplehumar wrote:No offense, but for $9 what's the point? I can buy very nice N64 controllers all day for $10.

Certain colors and whatnot are more expensive, and it's cheaper to buy this part than replace them.

The Toys R Us gold ones come to mind.


Truth. Still, I'd rather keep fancy 64 controllers OEM. I can't be the only one here with N64 "playing controllers", and boxed shelf controllers.

If those controllers have thumb-sticks that are loose to the point of severely hindering playability, then you don't really have much to lose by swapping the part. May not be OEM anymore, but at least it'd be usable.
Return to Auctions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests