eBay links and general discussion of auctions
Jamisonia
128-bit

Worried about USPS Shipping for eBay Auctions

by Jamisonia Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:13 am

I recently sold and shipped 5 items on eBay. All of the items i printed shipping for using PayPal's click and ship shipping. I wasn't able to get to the post office during regular business hours, so I dropped them off at the package drop box inside the Post Office. I dropped them all off on Thursday.

Of the 5 packages, one package received its acceptance scan the next day, and will be delivered today. One other package did not receive an acceptance scan until Sunday and is en route. The remaining 3 packages have received no acceptance scans. I'm a little nervous since the other ones did. Right now there's no proof I even dropped them off at the post office.

Is this something to be worried about?
AppleQueso

Re: Worried about USPS Shipping for eBay Auctions

by AppleQueso Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:14 pm

Call your post office if you're worried
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

by Gunstar Green Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:36 pm

It's possible they just didn't get scanned. The postal service can be really terrible about that. I was concerned for a while about a recent package I sent out because the postal worker who delivered it didn't scan it, so it said "status not updated" for several days and the buyer didn't get back to my emails initially. Thankfully everything turned out okay.

In your case I'd still probably print out copies of the labels or at least arm myself with the tracking numbers and shipping information and go into the post office to ask what's up.
Jamisonia
128-bit

by Jamisonia Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:26 am

I can try asking at the post office, but I don't really think that will get me anywhere. If there is no origin scan, there is no proof I ever even dropped off the package at the Post Office in the eyes of USPS, eBay, PayPal, and the buyer.
Duane Dibbley
128-bit

by Duane Dibbley Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:19 pm

My post office doesn't necessarily scan packages, even when I drop them off in person. I've never had a problem with one being delivered though. The important scan is when the package is delivered, and that one has always been scanned in my experience.
My games for sale: Racketboy, Amazon, eBay
My systems: NES, Nintendo 64, GameCube (Game Boy Player), Wii / Game & Watch: Ball, Game Boy Advance, Game Boy Advance SP (x2), Nintendo DSi / Genesis (Sega CD, 32X), Saturn / Game Gear / PlayStation, PlayStation 2 / Xbox / Mac (Windows PC) / iPhone, iPad
Return to Auctions