Opa Opa

Re: The Legend of Zelda prototype.

by Opa Opa Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:07 am

It's a NintendoAge member's listing.

Surprise, surprise. :roll:
MrPopo

by MrPopo Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:11 am

Maybe if it was a mid-development prototype it would be worth the price he's asking (and it'd be a Famicom cart). But a test cart of the final rom? That's less interesting.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

by CRTGAMER Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:36 am

What makes VGA the expert and jacking up the price simply because of their judgment of a game? That silly VGA rating just causes the gullible into buying it. There are so many other sale sources that are not taken into account that gives a true assessment of the average price. Yeah I know they can't realistically take independent Retro Stores, Thrift Stores or Swap Meet prices into the picture but I sure can.

Sorry about the Rant, back to the cart. Any prerelease game might be worth getting, but certainly not to be remained sealed. Very likely some bugs in the game, but would be nice to uncover an extra feature that did not make the final cut.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

AppleQueso

by AppleQueso Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:42 am

CRTGAMER wrote:What makes VGA the expert and jacking up the price simply because of their judgment of a game? That silly VGA rating just causes the gullible into buying it. There are so many other sale sources that are not taken into account that gives a true assessment of the average price. Yeah I know they can't realistically take independent Retro Stores, Thrift Stores or Swap Meet prices into the picture but I sure can.

VGA doesn't say anything about price. VGA grades condition. Nothing more.
Opa Opa

by Opa Opa Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:55 am

What's the shelf life on a proto anyway?
D.D.D.
Next-Gen

by D.D.D. Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:46 pm

Opa Opa wrote:It's a NintendoAge member's listing.

What? Are they hoity toity or something?
 (FC, AVFC, NES, SFC x2, SNES, N64, GC x2, Wii x2)*(G&W x7, GB, GBpocket, GBASP, DS-L x2)
(GEN, SS x3, DC x3)*(PCE-Duo)*(Xbox:500GB)*(NGCDZ, NGPC)*(PS1, PStwo, PS3:160GB, PSP.3K)
Opa Opa

by Opa Opa Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:56 pm

D.D.D. wrote:What? Are they hoity toity or something?

"Hoity toity" is debatable but it isn't surprising that the prototype cart comes from a NintendoAge member. There are some pretty heavy collectors over there.
DinnerX
Next-Gen

by DinnerX Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:00 pm

D.D.D. wrote:
Opa Opa wrote:It's a NintendoAge member's listing.

What? Are they hoity toity or something?

Supposedly yes.
Since this signature affects old posts, I'm leaving a message here in case anyone searches for my username. This account died in early 2013. I am no longer a fundamentalist.

Don't add to my problems by pretending my past views are still held in the present. I do not have any patience for that. Feel free to ask me what I think now.
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

by Gunstar Green Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:17 am

Opa Opa wrote:What's the shelf life on a proto anyway?

EPROMs are a crap-shoot after about 25 years.
AppleQueso

by AppleQueso Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:30 am

Gunstar Green wrote:
Opa Opa wrote:What's the shelf life on a proto anyway?

EPROMs are a crap-shoot after about 25 years.

Not necessarily. People have found and dumped Atari protos that are older than that.

Of course if you're holding onto an un-dumped 25+ year old prototype you're seriously playing with fire not getting it dumped.
Return to Auctions