eBay links and general discussion of auctions
mjmjr25

Re: 20 NES Games, Most CIB, Many Rare

by mjmjr25 Sun May 13, 2012 8:16 pm

Dr. Corndog wrote:
mjmjr25 wrote:Good luck w/sales.

To note and to protect yourself, be careful using the word "complete" on a lot of those games, as it looks like a few them that should have maps, do not.

I'll check those out. Based on other auctions I've seen, "complete" is regularly used to mean that the box and instructions are included, regardless of whether anything else originally came with it. But you're right that I want to be careful.

CIB = Cart / Instructions / Box
Complete = All original contents (game, case, manual, maps, stickers, etc)
Fully Complete - ^All of the above, plus unused / unmarked: pamphlets, advertisements, registration cards, membership bonuses, etc.

For ebay purposes, if a game came with a map or weapons chart, etc and you list as complete but didn't include those items, and the buyer files a claim, you will lose the case. However, if you list as CIB, you'll be fine.
Xionraserei1
64-bit

by Xionraserei1 Sun May 13, 2012 8:44 pm

I always thought CIB was "Complete in Box". O.o
Dr. Corndog

by Dr. Corndog Sun May 13, 2012 9:09 pm

Xionraserei1 wrote:I always thought CIB was "Complete in Box". O.o

Yeah, that's what I thought. Makes sense now.
Dr. Corndog

by Dr. Corndog Sun May 13, 2012 9:26 pm

So I did a bit of looking around and found out that Dragon Warrior II originally came with a map, so I took the word "complete" off that listing. I don't think there are any others listed incorrectly. If anyone notices one, could you let me know?
KDub
Next-Gen

by KDub Sun May 13, 2012 10:47 pm

Dr. Corndog wrote:
Xionraserei1 wrote:I always thought CIB was "Complete in Box". O.o

Yeah, that's what I thought. Makes sense now.

That is what it means. It seems gamers are trying to change that with this Cart, Instructions and Box talk but it has always been "Complete in Box".
mjmjr25

by mjmjr25 Sun May 13, 2012 10:57 pm

Did you coin the phrase? Then you don't know what something "always has been", with respect.

For this discussion, ebay, not gamers, defines CIB as Cart/Instructions/Box and Complete as Complete. Not about to get into a pissing contest, but I assure you, I did the ebay thing long enough to know this and though i'm not proud, as a "powerseller" I heard this numerous times, both on the phone, and at regional conventions. This was one of the tipping points to which I got away from ebay (for the vast vast majority of my gaming purchases and sales).
dsheinem
Next-Gen

by dsheinem Sun May 13, 2012 10:59 pm

mjmjr25 wrote:ebay, not gamers, defines CIB as Cart/Instructions/Box and Complete as Complete.

I didn't know that either. Do they state as much somewhere on the site?
Breetai
Next-Gen

by Breetai Sun May 13, 2012 11:30 pm

dsheinem wrote:
mjmjr25 wrote:ebay, not gamers, defines CIB as Cart/Instructions/Box and Complete as Complete.

I didn't know that either. Do they state as much somewhere on the site?

Wow, WTF eBay. CIB is definitely Complete In Box. Not the other one.

Everytime I've ever sold something there and listed as CIB I meant complete in box. Why? Because that is the normal accepted acronym EVERYWHERE else that I've seen!
mjmjr25

by mjmjr25 Sun May 13, 2012 11:36 pm

I found out when, ironically, I was selling a Dragon Warrior IV "Complete" game. Sold it, shipped it, had a claim filed. Buyer stated the game was not "complete". I disputed the case saying it was and had the rep review the listing, to which I had a photo of the Box / Manual / Cart / Foam / World Map. The rep informed me that to be complete, it needed to have the "Monster Chart Map" which was referenced by the buyer in his claim, and I lost that case (and issued refund, eating the shipping of course).

After that one thoroughly pissed me off - I asked for clarification from the powerseller reps at a Minneapolis convention back in 2008 and was told if I want to list as complete it needs to have any and all peripherals related to the game. It was suggested I use CIB for my games that i'm unsure if they had additional maps or other add-ons, as was the case w/Dragon Warrior IV.

Now, in most cases, people aren't d-bags and they don't like to waste time, so hopefully the buyer would say, "Hey, does this also have the Monster map?" To which, I could revise a listing, or what have you. But in that case, the buyer assumed it was completely complete as I listed it "complete".

For those that seem not have never heard of CIB as Cart / Instructions / Box, do you claim to have never seen games listed ON THIS forum as, Super Mario 64 - CB (no manual). That CB stands for Cart / Box. It is used on this forum occasionally and very often on NA. I've been using it that way since i've been on this forum - apparently no one noticed :/ And apparently no one cares that they haven't gotten Complete games, because a whole lot of games I see listed on our b/s/t (buy sell trade, btw) as CIB, are not complete, though they are Cart / Instructions / Box :roll:
Breetai
Next-Gen

by Breetai Sun May 13, 2012 11:58 pm

mjmjr25 wrote:For those that seem not have never heard of CIB as Cart / Instructions / Box, do you claim to have never seen games listed ON THIS forum as, Super Mario 64 - CB (no manual). That CB stands for Cart / Box. It is used on this forum occasionally and very often on NA. I've been using it that way since i've been on this forum - apparently no one noticed :/ And apparently no one cares that they haven't gotten Complete games, because a whole lot of games I see listed on our b/s/t (buy sell trade, btw) as CIB, are not complete, though they are Cart / Instructions / Box :roll:

I don't look at most of the sell threads here, so I guess I missed that. I have also never once looked at the NA forums. I don't even think I've gone to that site once.
Last edited by Breetai on Mon May 14, 2012 2:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Return to Auctions