eBay links and general discussion of auctions
Lodestar
128-bit

Re: Selling ENTIRE Collection (2-3k items)

by Lodestar Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:12 pm

5. Do not create a thread whose sole purpose is to advertise an eBay link unless you will be offering some kind of discount to forum members.
CFFJR
Next-Gen

by CFFJR Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:59 pm

Lodestar wrote:
5. Do not create a thread whose sole purpose is to advertise an eBay link unless you will be offering some kind of discount to forum members.

I'm pretty sure that only applies to the b/s/t.

Maybe I'm wrong, but hell, the description for the auctions board even says "ebay links".
GameSack wrote:That's right, only Sega had the skill to make a proper Nintendo game.
Zing
Next-Gen

by Zing Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:05 pm

Lodestar wrote:

The quote above is incorrect. Here are the real "rules":
viewtopic.php?f=48&t=19455

I agree with the OP about Ebay vs. forums. I find the forums are great if you have anywhere up to 5 relatively high demand items that you are in a hurry to sell. Otherwise, Ebay is superior. Selling a "collection" on any forums would be insane, unless it is one large lot.
Selling half my NES/SNES/PS1 collection (ending Dec 1):
http://tinyurl.com/zingebay
Loogs
8-bit

by Loogs Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:15 pm

Lodestar wrote:

As the other posters have kindly mentioned, this thread was started in the "Auctions" subforum. You are quoting a guideline found within the "Buy/Sell/Trade" subforum which does not apply.

Thanks for understanding, folks, I really appreciate it.

Yeah, it's definitely not something I want to do, sometimes life throws you a curveball, or a few at once. I know I'm struggling with a few right now. And sometimes, we change; it happens. It literally took me months of debating before I reached this conclusion.

I'm sorry I can't be of more service to everyone. I was considering an extended shipping discount to members but now that eBay dictates all shipping charges as per category, "little guy" sellers like myself can lose money on shipping as it is or hardly break even. I guarantee you will be the first to know of what things will be listed before they even are, at least. This will hopefully give you some extra time to decide if the item(s) is something you want/need.
Lodestar
128-bit

by Lodestar Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:12 am

Oh, I've seen that same quote posted in other threads on this particular forum. My apologies.
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

by o.pwuaioc Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:23 am

Lodestar wrote:Oh, I've seen that same quote posted in other threads on this particular forum. My apologies.

Noise posts it here sometimes, but I don't think I've seen a clarification on whether it applies still.
Lodestar
128-bit

by Lodestar Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:23 am

Loogs, what are you saving up for that requires this much scratch? Just wondering, since I have an interest in music production/audio engineering.
Loogs
8-bit

by Loogs Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:33 pm

Auctions slated for 12/17-12/24 - PS3 games

Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction (first press)
Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time (first press)
3D Dot Game Heroes
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (first press)
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Limited Ed. (first press)
Grand Theft Auto IV 4 PS3 (first press)
The Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion Game of the Year Edition
WarHawk Limited Jabra Bluetooth Bundle
Saints Row 2 Collector's Edition
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Limited Edition
Fallout 3 Game Of The Year Collector's Edition + Vault Boy keychain

Lodestar wrote:Loogs, what are you saving up for that requires this much scratch? Just wondering, since I have an interest in music production/audio engineering.

Ah, cool! Yes, then you do know how much gear truly costs. Amazing what we are willing to spend on our art...

Finally was able to afford a MacBook Pro last year to power the DAW. For starters, I want to finish up my DAW with a Digi 003 (Pro Tools). Of course the 003 Rack is always another (much cheaper) option, so I'm still researching different methods of building custom racks. I have enough soundproofing material to finish a couple 12x12's, and a nice array of Audix mics already. On top of the I/O, I want to add more cymbals (never enough variety there). I cannot believe how expensive cymbals are now versus just a few years ago, because of the cost of metal. Utterly ridiculous expensive.

Secondly, I have been getting really interested in electronic capabilities. Always was against it, now after truly trying to understand it, the possibilities are endless; so many doors opened up. Go big or go home, right? Roland's flagship TD-20 model, one of the most, if not the most, advanced e-kits on the market. Rumor has it Roland will announce a new flagship model at NAMM early next year, and it's well past due as the TD-20 has reigned for years and years (waiting to hear confirmation). Of course an e-kit also allows for night practice or if accommodations do not allow for an acoustic kit down the road. It also entertains my ideas/concepts of combining acoustic kits equally with electronic components, now that will be awesome!

So, basically, this is some big bucks. Lots of big bucks haha. I'm not certain the whole game collection will cover it but I've got other methods of funding :)
YoshiEgg25
Next-Gen

by YoshiEgg25 Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:49 am

Zing wrote:
Lodestar wrote:

The quote above is incorrect. Here are the real "rules":
viewtopic.php?f=48&t=19455

Nah mate, there are separate rules for B/S/T and auctions:
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=19928
Gaming accomplishments:
Nibbler (marathon): 251,169,160 / Nibbler (one life): 5,263,360 (WR)
Donkey Kong: 423,100 [L12-1] (150th place as of 2019-01-15)
Super Smash Bros. (N64): Ranked top 5 in Wisconsin from Q1 2016 to Q2 2017
Shrek SuperSlam: won largest tournament in game's history (Shrekfest 2018)

Speedrun.com Profile (contains multiple WRs)
Lodestar
128-bit

by Lodestar Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:23 pm

Ah yes, I understand, and it seems you're way more invested in music than I am. I just recently bought studio monitors (KRK RP6 G2 SEs) and those broke the bank, but I'm happy that they will provide a decent enough reference for mixing - what I had before them were low-end Logitech surround sound speakers and they aren't flat in the slightest. What kind of music are you making, by the way?

Oh, and just wondering, but would you happen to have any of the games I'm looking for? http://gametz.com/?A=My+Items&desire=wanted&table=Games
Return to Auctions