eBay links and general discussion of auctions
Loogs
8-bit

Selling ENTIRE Collection, atm: Mega EverDrive, 64drive

by Loogs Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:47 am

Crazy, right?

Life has taken me into new & different directions. I can no longer make or have time to game like I used to.

I'm a musician, struggling as most do, and I desperately need that almighty American dollar for new/upgraded professional-grade gear to succeed with my goals & aspirations. Ultimately, I will be finishing my home recording studio with all auction proceeds. My passion for music has finally fully consumed my passion for gaming that once was strong...

Almost all auctions will start at a fair 99¢ and you will find hundreds/thousands of the following listed as times carries on...

Atari
NES
Sega Master System
SNES
Sega Genesis
Sega CD
Virtual Boy
GameBoy, GBC & GBA
N64
PS1
PS2
Xbox
GameCube
PS3
Manuals
Guides
Soundtracks
... and probably tons of other items I forgot to mention :P

Many games are loose, many are complete and some are sealed. Many surplus consoles, controllers & accessories will also be let go. Everything from your average run-of-the-mill items to rare & limited edition items to highly coveted gems i.e. one-of-a-kind unreleased NES carts. There's something here for every retro-gamer.

All auctions will conveniently start/end on Saturday nights. All descriptions are thorough and discerning, going above & beyond to point out any shortcomings. Each auction will have multiple high-resolution images of the exact item(s), which separates myself from generic sellers who apathetically utilize stock images & vague descriptions.

Here's my eBay profile.

In the left column, you can view "Items for sale" and to stay up-to-date, click "Add to favorite sellers". I will be periodically updating this post/thread as well; it is going to take a long time to get through everything, I can guarantee that.

Lastly, do not ask me to shutdown an auction so you may buy an item outright. If you want something, it's simple; bid hard & bid to win. It has worked for me and it can work for you, too.

May my game collection now become yours! Expand on what you have already built in the man/woman cave and at the same time, help a fellow gamer who needs all the help he can get...
Last edited by Loogs on Sun May 27, 2012 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lodestar
128-bit

Re: Selling ENTIRE Collection (2-3k items)

by Lodestar Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:05 pm

So, what's in it for Racket Boy members? How about a list of the games you're going to start selling before you put them up? That way you won't have to shut down an auction if something can be pre-arranged.
Last edited by Lodestar on Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jmustang1968
Next-Gen

by Jmustang1968 Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:07 pm

Too bad we didn't get first crack at them, while you posted on ebay what didn't sell after a few days...
RyaNtheSlayA
Next-Gen

by RyaNtheSlayA Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:16 pm

A list would indeed be great.
I'm still not sure whether I'm a kid or a squid now.
Loogs
8-bit

by Loogs Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:31 pm

Once I hit around 1.5k items in my "catalogue" well over a year ago, I stopped caring. Hundreds upon hundreds of items have been added since and the list is extremely out of date.

Whenever I have posted an item for sale on forums in the past, it is a constant barrage of trolls & heckles until it sells every single time, no matter what the item; it's depressing & negative and not something I enjoy experiencing. eBay mandates these problems for me & holds bidders/sellers accountable whereas forums do not and also allows a fair chance for everyone.

I posted in the "Auctions" subforum for a reason, this was not posted in "Buy/Sell/Trade". I don't know what most items are currently worth and I don't have the time or care to figure the numbers on everything.

Right now, DS games are available and this weekend will bring some PS3 games and possibly my 60GB launch system, complete in box. More updates as time goes on...
AppleQueso

by AppleQueso Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:35 pm

Loogs wrote:it is a constant barrage of trolls & heckles until it sells every single time, no matter what the item.

I guess you haven't bothered actually taking a look at our B/S/T boards much. We don't allow that sort of shit here.

EDIT: I hope that didn't come across as harsh or something, I didn't mean it to be. I mean, if you were selling on here people wouldn't be able to heckle your or troll around. Aside from being against the rules, it's just not really the sort of thing this community does.

Anyhow, best of luck in your auctions.
Loogs
8-bit

by Loogs Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:18 pm

AppleQueso wrote:
Loogs wrote:it is a constant barrage of trolls & heckles until it sells every single time, no matter what the item.

I guess you haven't bothered actually taking a look at our B/S/T boards much. We don't allow that sort of shit here.

...doesn't stop the trolling from pouring all over the inbox, which has happened here before, and quite frankly, all the rules in the world don't stop the trolling. I even get some shenanigans on eBay from time to time, albeit a lot less often.

Look, I get where everyone is coming from. Yeah, it would be cool if I could do everything one-on-one but please, that's not an option for me for reasons noted in the prior post and I'm not changing my mind. This is/was a huge part of my life, please respect how I'm choosing to sell my own hard-earned collection.
Jmustang1968
Next-Gen

by Jmustang1968 Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:26 pm

Loogs wrote:
...doesn't stop the trolling from pouring all over the inbox, which has happened here before, and quite frankly, all the rules in the world don't stop the trolling. I even get some shenanigans on eBay from time to time, albeit a lot less often.

Look, I get where everyone is coming from. Yeah, it would be cool if I could do everything one-on-one but please, that's not an option for me for reasons noted in the prior post and I'm not changing my mind. This is/was a huge part of my life, please respect how I'm choosing to sell my own hard-earned collection.

Sorry you have to sell your stuff. Hopefully they will find buyers. Luckily for me I haven't had any trolls here for my stuff. I guess there was just no benefit to racket members that you posted here but advertisement... stuff we would find anyway in a search. I hope you get the money you are looking for. It would be a sad day indeed if I had to sell my collection.
retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

by retrosportsgamer Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:32 pm

The DS items look to be in great shape, i'll be certainly keeping an eye on things. Keep updating here when you add more stuff if you don't mind. You'll get a lot more views.
AppleQueso

by AppleQueso Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:40 pm

Loogs wrote:
AppleQueso wrote:

Nah I don't think one-on-one would be a good way to sell such a massive collection anyway. Sorry you've had such terrible experiences selling at other places, I've never had anything like that happen to me here, and I'm sure that most here can agree.

I'm not trying to convince you to change you mind in the way you're selling things or anything, just kinda pointing out that not all trading/selling forums are created equal, and this is definitely one of the better ones out there. Guess I'm feeling like I need to defend this place.

Hopefully you don't end up regretting selling this stuff. On the other hand though, even if you do, it's not like you can't slowly rebuild it after your studio is completed anyhow.
Return to Auctions