eBay links and general discussion of auctions
Inazuma
Next-Gen

Re: NES collectors - rare gem on eBay

by Inazuma Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:48 pm

$8,200?! All that money for 4 boxes and manuals? I knew original NES boxes and manuals were worth a lot but this is insanity.

*edit*
Oh, it's the Stadium Events game. I never heard of it before but according to the wiki it's super rare.
deathclaw
64-bit

by deathclaw Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:55 pm

CRTGAMER wrote:Sheesh, it'll stay rare at that price.

Even just to get Stadium Events ............

Some Collectors are nuts or very rich ...........

And it doesn't even have the AC cord & the TV hook up..Can you imagine the price, if they were there? :lol: :lol: I think the budget of the US government may not be enough to pay for it :mrgreen:
I've got no signature.
JordanPlayer
64-bit

by JordanPlayer Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:03 pm

From wikipedia:
Stadium Events, however, was not similarly modified and re-released, but was instead recalled and distributed under an entirely different title, World Class Track Meet, in late 1988. The games are identical in game play and content, except for title changes within the game to reflect the new name.

So honestly... I don't see the point in spending thousands of dollars for a game whose title/box art is the only thing that differentiates it from another game that is dirt cheap. People are just weird
Pookie
32-bit

Re: The WTF/LOL Ebay/Craigslist Link Extravaganza Thread

by Pookie Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:32 pm

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sony-PSP-Giga-Pack- ... 3efbae66ee

This auction is for:

Sony Playstation Portable (PSP) Giga Pack Game System - Ceramic White

Model: 1000-G1CW (Note to Buyer: THIS MODEL IS VERY RARE AND OUT OF PRODUCTION, HISTORICAL ITEM: JAPAN RELEASE 1ST GENERATION PSP - THIS IS THE ULTRA RARE HARD TO FIND & HIGHLY SOUGHT AFTER CERAMIC WHITE EDITION PSP - ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE TO FIND A BRAND NEW FACTORY SEALED THAT I AM OFFERING)

Firmware Version: v1.50

Condition: Brand New in Original Box (FACTORY SEALED)

Contents Included: Sony PSP Game System, AC power cord, AC adaptor, Battery Pack, Earphones with remote control, Memory Stick Duo (1GB), USB Cable, Pouch, & Printed Materials

Bonus Included: New 2-in-1 USB Charger & Data Cable For Sony PSP & Mp3

Description: This Sony PSP is the brand new Ceramic White PSP in the original box with all the contents included. It is the Japan model, but it can use the English language. Why buy a PSP SLIM when you can buy this? The PSP Fat lasts twice as long as the PSP Slim, which only weighs a little less! If your not using it, this is also high value as this item is rare and out of production since the PSP SLIM came out. You have my 100% guarantee that it will be brand new and in 100% perfect working condition! This is truely a collector's quality item and is a beautiful item to behold! DON'T WAIT TIL THE END, THIS IS THE ONLY ONE THAT I HAVE! This is not a stock photo as you can well see, what you see is what you get!

Price: US $999.99
Mod_Man_Extreme
Next-Gen

by Mod_Man_Extreme Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:40 pm

Pookie wrote:http://cgi.ebay.com/Sony-PSP-Giga-Pack-GC1W-CERAMIC-WHITE-1-5-1-50-RARE-NEW_W0QQitemZ270510483182QQcmdZViewItemQQptZVideo_Games?hash=item3efbae66ee

This auction is for:

Model: 1000-G1CW (Note to Buyer: THIS MODEL IS VERY RARE AND OUT OF PRODUCTION, HISTORICAL ITEM: JAPAN RELEASE 1ST GENERATION PSP - THIS IS THE ULTRA RARE HARD TO FIND & HIGHLY SOUGHT AFTER CERAMIC WHITE EDITION PSP - ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE TO FIND A BRAND NEW FACTORY SEALED THAT I AM OFFERING)

Firmware Version: v1.50

Condition: Brand New in Original Box (FACTORY SEALED)

Contents Included: Sony PSP Game System, AC power cord, AC adaptor, Battery Pack, Earphones with remote control, Memory Stick Duo (1GB), USB Cable, Pouch, & Printed Materials

Bonus Included: New 2-in-1 USB Charger & Data Cable For Sony PSP & Mp3

Description: This Sony PSP is the brand new Ceramic White PSP in the original box with all the contents included. It is the Japan model, but it can use the English language. Why buy a PSP SLIM when you can buy this? The PSP Fat lasts twice as long as the PSP Slim, which only weighs a little less! If your not using it, this is also high value as this item is rare and out of production since the PSP SLIM came out. You have my 100% guarantee that it will be brand new and in 100% perfect working condition! This is truely a collector's quality item and is a beautiful item to behold! DON'T WAIT TIL THE END, THIS IS THE ONLY ONE THAT I HAVE! This is not a stock photo as you can well see, what you see is what you get!

Price: US $999.99

Jesus, look at his other bullshit!

Rare FF Tactics due to NOT HAVING A HANG TAB ON THE BACK.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Final-Fantasy-Tacti ... 3ef5cd285b

Is he fucking serious?! Hoow freaking stupd do people have to be not to understand that games have reprints and wantnot from time to time and not everything will be identical?!
My Consoles:
Genesis - Nomad - SegaCD - GameGear - Sega Saturn - Dreamcast - NES - SNES - N64 - Gamecube - Wii - Playstation - PSone & LCD - PS2 - PS3 - Xbox - 3DS

Niode wrote:Send him a dodgy cheque. Make it out to Scammy McScammerson.

Check out my sale thread below, NeoGeo MVS carts & Arcade gear wanted!:
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=11366
aaron
Next-Gen

by aaron Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:03 pm

so, wait, that really sold for 800k?
Steam / PSN / Twitter: aaronjohnmiller
classicgamer5
Next-Gen

by classicgamer5 Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:06 pm

Pookie wrote:http://cgi.ebay.com/Sony-PSP-Giga-Pack-GC1W-CERAMIC-WHITE-1-5-1-50-RARE-NEW_W0QQitemZ270510483182QQcmdZViewItemQQptZVideo_Games?hash=item3efbae66ee

This auction is for:

At least it has free shipping
GSZX1337
Next-Gen

by GSZX1337 Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:11 pm

classicgamer5 wrote:

This auction is for:

At least it has free shipping
Considering the high cost of shipping, this is a steal! :lol:
casterofdreams wrote:On PC I want MOAR FPS!!!|
Pookie
32-bit

by Pookie Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:33 pm

aaron wrote:so, wait, that really sold for 800k?

I wonder if belonged to someone on this forum?

I originaly posted it with the "Buy Now Price: $999.99" and it just magically sold for $800,000.00 :lol: :lol: :lol:
Return to Auctions