Post deals, brag about finds, etc.
RadioLizard

New N64 Collector here, need help with a weird find

by RadioLizard Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:28 pm

Hello! I'm fairly new to game collecting and recently decided to start collecting the full 296 cartridges for the NA N64. While out at an arcade today I found what appears to be a Japanese version of Super Bowling for 5 bucks. The problem is it doesn't look much like the other carts I've seen online, which have labels that feature pins in a variety of colors and a blue/white background whereas this one looks like this.

I know the game is supposed to be reasonably rare and valuable, so I picked it up, but I can't find any copies of the game that look like this on amazon or ebay, so I have no idea if this is even a legitimate copy of the game.

As you can see somebody hacked off the bits of plastic on the back that would normally keep it from playing on a U.S. N64, so I tested it and it seems to be in perfect working order.

Any ideas? Is this real? If it's real, is it rare or valuable? Did I just waste five bucks?
Flake

Re: New N64 Collector here, need help with a weird find

by Flake Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:33 pm

We have a few N64 collectors but not many. I think that hitting up the /n64 subreddit might get you a wider audience.
The PSTV is amazing.
---------------
Nintendo ID: Mecha_Flake
PS Network: jace-flake
Tanooki
Next-Gen

by Tanooki Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:46 pm

http://www.museumofplay.org/online-coll ... 6/113.2874

It's just the sticker for the JP version, it's just not the same as the colorful US one.

That link has a pic of the box, art matches cart.
RadioLizard

by RadioLizard Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:08 am

Flake wrote:We have a few N64 collectors but not many. I think that hitting up the /n64 subreddit might get you a wider audience.

ah thanks, will do. :)
RadioLizard

by RadioLizard Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:11 am

Tanooki wrote:http://www.museumofplay.org/online-collections/22/46/113.2874

It's just the sticker for the JP version, it's just not the same as the colorful US one.

That link has a pic of the box, art matches cart.

I thought it was the JP cart too, but when I looked for the Japanese version on ebay I only found listings for games that had a similar look the the North American version, so I wasn't sure. Thanks for the link, good to know it isn't a fake anyway.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

by Tanooki Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:12 am

It took me a few tries just to find that using google. Kind of obscure art for some reason as it's not on ebay as you saw.

I've got a couple N64 Japanese games so the sticker product (not the game itself) art looked right to me and I knew Athena made it as I had the US version a year or two ago. Currently I just have Bangaioh and Sin & Punishment.
Return to Game Deals