Post deals, brag about finds, etc.
8bit
Next-Gen

Last Generation Bundle Deal @ GameStop 7.5.16

by 8bit Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:19 pm

Gamestop has a 3-Console Bundle (Pre-Owned Refurbished) consisting of PS3 Slim, Xbox 360 & Nintendo Wii + Accessories on sale for $159.99. Shipping starts at $7.99.

Bundle includes:
160GB PlayStation 3 SLIM (Pre-Owned Refurbished)
Controller (style may vary)
USB controller cable
Standard AV Cord
AC Cable

Xbox 360 in White (Pre-Owned Refurbished)
20GB Xbox 360 Hard Drive (Refurbished)
Wireless Controller
Standard AV Cord
AC Cable

Nintendo Wii in White (Pre-Owned Refurbished)
Controller
Nunchuk
Sensor Bar
Standard AV Cable
AC Cable

For $160 thats a hell of a deal if you need to replace some consoles or can think of someone who might enjoy the last generation.
"The librarian does not rue the library, nor the curator fear the exhibits. Rather they revel in their potential. And that is the beauty of a big backlog; pure potential." - Exhuminator

My Game Room | My BST Thread | My Collection Spreadsheet
JoeAwesome
128-bit

Re: Last Generation Bundle Deal @ GameStop 7.5.16

by JoeAwesome Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:06 am

At first I was thinking "this is a terrible deal at the price for each system bundle."

Then I realized it's for the whole thing. Not bad at all, but likely worthwhile if you're missing all of the systems. And Xbox's from there can be duds, so be vigilant if you buy.
8bit
Next-Gen

by 8bit Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:25 am

JoeAwesome wrote:At first I was thinking "this is a terrible deal at the price for each system bundle."

Then I realized it's for the whole thing. Not bad at all, but likely worthwhile if you're missing all of the systems. And Xbox's from there can be duds, so be vigilant if you buy.

Yeah it's highly unlikely that most people here would need all three consoles. But maybe for that person who just needs one and can gift the others to the kids or relatives, it could be a good deal.
"The librarian does not rue the library, nor the curator fear the exhibits. Rather they revel in their potential. And that is the beauty of a big backlog; pure potential." - Exhuminator

My Game Room | My BST Thread | My Collection Spreadsheet
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

by ElkinFencer10 Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:20 pm

Hot damn, that's a deal. I was just telling my roommate about it and said "If I hadn't already had all three for years, I'd be busting down Gamestop's door."
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

Sarge
Next-Gen

by Sarge Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:15 pm

If you can get a 360 with an HDMI port, you're probably okay. I believe most of the problematic motherboards were from the days of pre-HDMI. I've got an original-model Elite that's still going strong.
Hardcore Retro Gaming - Talk about games ten years old or older!
“History isn't just the story of bad people doing bad things. It's quite as much a story of people trying to do good things. But somehow, something goes wrong.” -- C.S. Lewis
isiolia
Next-Gen

by isiolia Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:55 pm

My original model Elite is still good too, but the HDMI-equipped regular one I bought my brothers at the same time RRoD'ed (I did get it running again with an x-clamp fix, but haven't pushed it). I think they did wind up pushing out the new boards around then, but it was still a dice roll.

Between that and the 20GB HDD...frankly, I wouldn't bank on a 360 from this much. The revised models are even more desirable (integrated wifi, etc). Meanwhile, I'd say the PS3 Slim is the best, and they don't seem to specify whether the Wii is a backwards compatible one or not.
Sarge
Next-Gen

by Sarge Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:04 pm

I suspect there aren't that many non-BC Wiis floating around, but it certainly wouldn't hurt to check.

You're right, it was a bit of a dice roll, so yeah, it's probably a bit of one now, too. Probably good if you can look at the manufacturing date. The later, the better. I don't remember what that cutoff is, though, but I definitely remember researching it back when I had to replace my first 360. If there was ever a time I was happy with a Best Buy replacement plan, that was it.
Hardcore Retro Gaming - Talk about games ten years old or older!
“History isn't just the story of bad people doing bad things. It's quite as much a story of people trying to do good things. But somehow, something goes wrong.” -- C.S. Lewis
fastbilly1
Site Admin

by fastbilly1 Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:53 pm

Man thats a good deal, even if I have no real reason to get into the 360 again.
Return to Game Deals