Post deals, brag about finds, etc.
GamerMON
Next-Gen

32gb sandisk PRO DUO memory card $29.99 shipped from a4c.com

by GamerMON Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:37 pm

http://www.a4c.com/product/sandisk-32gb-memory-stick-pro-duo-memory-card-bulk.html

Saw this while looking for a new cell phone. They are only asking $29.99 for a 32gb SanDisk Pro Duo memory stick. I have never seen them going for this low. Even buying 2 16gb micro sd and putting them in a split memory card adapter is like $20 +/_$5 depending on the brand.

Anyone buy anything from A4C.com before? The accept paypal and amazon.com payment so they seem legit. Any reasons we shouldn't get these guys?
irixith
Next-Gen

Re: 32gb sandisk PRO DUO memory card $29.99 shipped from a4c

by irixith Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:08 pm

Bulk packaging = fairly high risk it'll be a fake/clone card of some sort.
GamerMON
Next-Gen

by GamerMON Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:37 pm

irixith wrote:Bulk packaging = fairly high risk it'll be a fake/clone card of some sort.

Figured it being SanDisk and not Sony brand that it would less likely be fake. Anyone bought from a4c.com before?
ninjainspandex
Next-Gen

by ninjainspandex Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:03 pm

you know you can get a Pro Duo adapter for like $3 that lets you combine two Micro SD cards right? I use two 32 GB micro sd cards that I bought for like $18 each for a total 64GB. Lol if your really want to blow some cash you could use two 128 GB micro sd cards for 256GB space on your PSP, just insane :lol: . I'm waiting for 64GB microsd to come down in price a bit so I can upgrade to 128GB

oh here is the adapter, they are cheap flimsy things but they work like a charm, bought a couple just because they are very brittle though so don't take them out of your psp very often. http://www.ebay.com/itm/CR-5400-PhotoFa ... 3a8c1b26d2
deathsled
128-bit

by deathsled Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:28 pm

ninjainspandex wrote:you know you can get a Pro Duo adapter for like $3 that lets you combine two Micro SD cards right? I use two 32 GB micro sd cards that I bought for like $18 each for a total 64GB. Lol if your really want to blow some cash you could use two 128 GB micro sd cards for 256GB space on your PSP, just insane :lol: . I'm waiting for 64GB microsd to come down in price a bit so I can upgrade to 128GB

oh here is the adapter, they are cheap flimsy things but they work like a charm, bought a couple just because they are very brittle though so don't take them out of your psp very often. http://www.ebay.com/itm/CR-5400-PhotoFa ... 3a8c1b26d2

you can also get burned on these adapters. I went out of my way to get that exact one you've linked, the CR 5400. Mine is a piece of garbage. It reports the combined size of your two microSD cards, but once you try to cross the boundary from the first to the second everything is corrupted. Like, I don't think it's doing any raid0/striping, so it probably fills one card then moves to the next. When I have two 4gb cards in it I can get 4 gig worth of content on it just fine, but when I move into the 4-8gb everything is unreadable.

Can you properly access/read all 64gb of content when using 2 32gb cards?

Maybe mine is just defective and I should order a few of them and hope to get a good one.
GamerMON
Next-Gen

by GamerMON Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:57 pm

deathsled wrote:
ninjainspandex wrote:you know you can get a Pro Duo adapter for like $3 that lets you combine two Micro SD cards right? I use two 32 GB micro sd cards that I bought for like $18 each for a total 64GB. Lol if your really want to blow some cash you could use two 128 GB micro sd cards for 256GB space on your PSP, just insane :lol: . I'm waiting for 64GB microsd to come down in price a bit so I can upgrade to 128GB

you can also get burned on these adapters. I went out of my way to get that exact one you've linked, the CR 5400. Mine is a piece of garbage. It reports the combined size of your two microSD cards, but once you try to cross the boundary from the first to the second everything is corrupted. Like, I don't think it's doing any raid0/striping, so it probably fills one card then moves to the next. When I have two 4gb cards in it I can get 4 gig worth of content on it just fine, but when I move into the 4-8gb everything is unreadable.

Can you properly access/read all 64gb of content when using 2 32gb cards?

Maybe mine is just defective and I should order a few of them and hope to get a good one.

This is exactly why I wanted a simple package that offers 32gb pro duo. I may just might the bullet and let you guys now how it goes. I have a cr 5400 as well and it never reads more than one micro sd card. Maybe I need to reformat it right or something I don't know and don't care.

Them accepting paypal and amazon makes me a little secure that I can get my money back it is fake/defective.
ninjainspandex
Next-Gen

by ninjainspandex Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:14 pm

hmm that's strange, must of gotten a crap one. They are all so frigging cheap you might as well order one from a bunch of different sellers, 1 is bound to work. But yeah mine lets me use the full 64GB, actually like 60gb is actually usable due to how sd cards work, but my psp has 59GB worth of data on it and I have backed it up on my PC and it is indeed that much.
Return to Game Deals