Post deals, brag about finds, etc.
KnuckIfYouBuckley
8-bit

Re: Best Buy BOGO 3DS Games: Help Me Decide!!!

by KnuckIfYouBuckley Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:33 pm

noiseredux wrote:is the promotion in-store as well, or online orders only?

They're offering it online as well.

As for me, I'll be going with Kirby and Mario Golf since I've been wanting both of them for a while now and I've got most of the other games worth owning already (Pokemon Y, Link Between Worlds, Bravely Default) and the remaining ones don't really appeal to me.

As someone who loves Yoshi's Island on the SNES, STAY AWAY from Yoshi's New Island. It's the perfect example of how you don't do a follow-up, mangling beloved parts of its predecessor like for instance, the soundtrack (do yourself a favor and don't look it up, you'll thank me).
I sell video games and video game accessories.
cha cha
128-bit

by cha cha Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:27 pm

For those of you interested in the Wii U pro controllers that sold out like lightning- Toys 'R' US will match any local competitor print ads or web ads. I was able to get 3 BLACK Wii U pro controllers for $30 this way, even though at Best Buy only the White ones (which are being discontinued) were on sale (the website doesn't specify only white, I was able to convince the manager it applied to both).

So, happy hunting on that front! :mrgreen:
twitch ► | youtube ► | srk ► | sell/trade ► | gameroom ►
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Player of Fighting Games: TTT2: Christie/PJack, Bob/Jinpachi, Raven/Zafina » SC5: Leixia, Tira, Aeon, Maxi » SF4: Elena, Rose, Cammy » GGAC+R: May, Faust, Baiken » KoF13: Athena/Yuri/Leona » SS5: Mina Majikina

Racketboy Online FG Matchfiner Thread! Come out and play.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

by Tanooki Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:58 pm

I did it yesterday, snapped up Kirby and Yoshi. Wasn't as much interested in either at $40, but for $20/ea definitely! Kirby is a fine game as I get it, but it's like a 50/50 love hate on Yoshi of which I'm ok with but was never a huge fan of it from the SNES period because it was sold on a lie of being mario world 2 (that's another story.)

Of all the games though depending what you own or not the list is stunningly good. You've got both Pokemon titles and given the hours involved in that one, it's an easy call unless you hate the franchise or RPGs. Of course you have the fairly new Mario Golf in there along with some mostly solid titles like that Zelda title. Tomodachi Life and the Disney game seem weak, but if you're buying for little ones that would be a hell of a pick up as kids last forever on a single game.

I do want to note that of them all probably the best deal there unless you're anti-RPG is likely to be Bravely Default. I'd have done it but lucked into one of those box sets when it came out locally without doing a lame preorder or I'd have gone for that above all else. It's true classic Final Fantasy under a fake name that emphasies the brave and default system of risk vs reward in doing your turn based combat.
muhanad
64-bit

by muhanad Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:05 pm

I went on sunday and bought Kirby 3D, Mario Party, Mario Golf, and ALBW (already have ALBW digital as it came with my zelda 3DS but I wanted a physical copy).

Then, I went down the street to walmart and exchanged Mario Party and Golf for Mario Kart 7 and AC:NL. Cheating the system mwahahaha :lol:
KnuckIfYouBuckley
8-bit

by KnuckIfYouBuckley Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:10 pm

cha cha wrote:For those of you interested in the Wii U pro controllers that sold out like lightning- Toys 'R' US will match any local competitor print ads or web ads. I was able to get 3 BLACK Wii U pro controllers for $30 this way, even though at Best Buy only the White ones (which are being discontinued) were on sale (the website doesn't specify only white, I was able to convince the manager it applied to both).

That wouldn't apply to the B1G1F deal also, would it? Went to my local Best Buy earlier and they didn't have Kirby or Mario Golf, and it turns out the online ordering is good for in-store pickup only....and none of the Best Buys in my area have either one of those games.
muhanad
64-bit

by muhanad Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:14 pm

KnuckIfYouBuckley wrote:
cha cha wrote:For those of you interested in the Wii U pro controllers that sold out like lightning- Toys 'R' US will match any local competitor print ads or web ads. I was able to get 3 BLACK Wii U pro controllers for $30 this way, even though at Best Buy only the White ones (which are being discontinued) were on sale (the website doesn't specify only white, I was able to convince the manager it applied to both).

That wouldn't apply to the B1G1F deal also, would it? Went to my local Best Buy earlier and they didn't have Kirby or Mario Golf, and it turns out the online ordering is good for in-store pickup only....and none of the Best Buys in my area have either one of those games.

No, price matching doesn't apply to B1G1 free offers
cha cha
128-bit

by cha cha Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:14 pm

edit: nath'd
twitch ► | youtube ► | srk ► | sell/trade ► | gameroom ►
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Player of Fighting Games: TTT2: Christie/PJack, Bob/Jinpachi, Raven/Zafina » SC5: Leixia, Tira, Aeon, Maxi » SF4: Elena, Rose, Cammy » GGAC+R: May, Faust, Baiken » KoF13: Athena/Yuri/Leona » SS5: Mina Majikina

Racketboy Online FG Matchfiner Thread! Come out and play.
KnuckIfYouBuckley
8-bit

by KnuckIfYouBuckley Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:17 pm

muhanad wrote:No, price matching doesn't apply to B1G1 free offers

Eh, figured it wouldn't, but worth a shot, right?

Not being able to pick up those games is a blessing in disguise for me: I can always pick them up around Black Friday anyways (which I've been meaning to save for), and my backlog of 3DS games is pretty big as it is.
lisalover1
Next-Gen

by lisalover1 Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:49 pm

All of the BB locations within 5 hours of me sold out of the games within 2 hours of the promotion starting. I heard rumors that Target was honoring the promotion via price match, but no such luck, at least for me. Oh well, I have plenty of other stuff to play, anyway.
~My name's Vicky, by the way!~ ^_^
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

by BogusMeatFactory Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:45 am

Yeah my wife and I went to check it out today and found out that none were available in any location remotely close to us. That doth suck!
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
Return to Game Deals