Post deals, brag about finds, etc.
8bit
Next-Gen

Re: Which of these expensive games is worth the money?

by 8bit Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:01 pm

Thanks for the awesome feedback guys! I'll stop looking at Harvest Moon and Rule of Roses for now while Snatcher, Valkyrie Profile, and Bloodlines are moving way up list.
"The librarian does not rue the library, nor the curator fear the exhibits. Rather they revel in their potential. And that is the beauty of a big backlog; pure potential." - Exhuminator

My Game Room | My BST Thread |
ninjainspandex
Next-Gen

by ninjainspandex Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:07 pm

I really can't believe Mega Man 5 is up to $80 now, about 3 years ago I wanted all the Mega Man games for the NES so I bought them all off Amazon and all of them in the series were less than $20 each except for Mega Man 5 which I almost didn't buy because it was $35 shipped and any NES game over $20 seemed too expensive. My have the times changed
dunpeal2064
Next-Gen

by dunpeal2064 Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:32 pm

You could play Battle Garegga for years if it clicks with you. Would easily be my choice. Port has superplays, arrange bgm, bullet color options, tate, all that. Such a great game.

MUSHA isn't even worth $30
foxhound1022
Next-Gen

by foxhound1022 Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:37 pm

IMO, if you're gonna spend a big chunk on a CV game, get Rondo. IF you have a PCE, Duo, etc.; it easily trumps Dracula X.

Plus, it's cheaper.
Retrogamer0001
Next-Gen

by Retrogamer0001 Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:42 pm

prfsnl_gmr wrote:
Retrogamer0001 wrote:Dracula X, for all I've heard, is nearly impossible to beat, and is full of cheapness and frustration (a must for collectors, not so much for someone wanting to enjoy the game).

Dracula X is a must for collectors, but it is far easier than either Castlevania or Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse.

If only I could get past the grim reaper in CV1, I might be able to speak to that :mrgreen:

The game room - > http://racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=45478

"We're on an express elevator to hell - goin' down!"
ninjainspandex
Next-Gen

by ninjainspandex Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:55 pm

get the Japanese version of Dracula X for the SFC, it is a third of the price and the exact same game. Better even, the blood is uncensored.
MyNameIsVince
64-bit

by MyNameIsVince Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:45 pm

ninjainspandex wrote:I really can't believe Mega Man 5 is up to $80 now, about 3 years ago I wanted all the Mega Man games for the NES so I bought them all off Amazon and all of them in the series were less than $20 each except for Mega Man 5 which I almost didn't buy because it was $35 shipped and any NES game over $20 seemed too expensive. My have the times changed

Wow, that's crazy.

I got real lucky last year. About 2 weeks before Christmas I was able to get Mega Man 3 on Half.com for $9.99 plus shipping. I hadn't seen an NES Mega Man that low in price in a long time (at least a year and a half, if that), so I bought it. Only downside is that the end label has a rip in it, so it says "Mega" but not "Man 3", so I had to put blue tape on it and write out the rest in marker. It looks tacky as hell but hey, it's better than half of a label missing.

Come to think of it, that was the 2nd year in a row I got lucky buying a Mega Man game for cheap during the holidays. In 2012 I snagged a boxed Mega Man 7 for 32 bucks about a week before Christmas.
darsparx
Next-Gen

by darsparx Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:25 pm

Fragems wrote:I would say at least try them out with an emulator before dropping any cash on them. Be sure you are going to like the game before dropping $50+ on it.

Sadly that's what I do with most portable games on gba at least. No way I'm buying a game like that and end up hating it. The nice thing about modern stuff is we have demos....most of the time so it helps and gameplay videos. If I like it then I get it :lol:
My gameroom
My systems: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, original gba, gba sp(001), ds lite, 3ds, vita, psp, PSone(101 model) ps2, ps3(320gb model), ps4, retron 5, and Dreamcast.

bogusmeatfactory wrote:Ever feel like a wild gazelle in the wilderness?
laurenhiya21
Next-Gen

by laurenhiya21 Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:07 pm

I don't know about most of these, but I doubt Duck Tales 2 is worth it when the famicom version is much cheaper.
Nyukki
128-bit

by Nyukki Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:45 pm

^ Along with Famicom versions of Mega Man (Rockman), as far as I know it's the same game bar the text, much cheaper.
Weekend shmupper
Return to Game Deals