Post deals, brag about finds, etc.
BumbleChump
16-bit

Selling US games/consoles in Japan. Worth it?

by BumbleChump Sun May 18, 2014 5:34 pm

Hey everyone! I'm taking a trip to Japan in a few days to visit relatives. I was wondering about selling games in Japan.

If someone were to sell a US NES or SNES with a few games, (and maybe an Atari Lynx) do you think they'd give you more money for them since they're imports? From what I've searched, some stores do have a small selection of import games.

Thing is, I don't want to lug an entire NES to Japan unless it will certainly be sold for a reasonable price. It'd be a bummer to have to take it back and just waste space in the suitcase. Anyone have experience with this? Would they give more in-store credit maybe?

Also, for those of you that know their way around Akihabara, what stores would you recommend? I heard Super Potato has a huge selection but their prices are the highest.

Thanks!
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

Re: Selling US games/consoles in Japan. Worth it?

by Hobie-wan Sun May 18, 2014 5:53 pm

No idea on trying to sell stuff there. Super Potato is of course the store that most people know because of articles and the funny name. There was a smaller place that was crammed with Famicom stuff that I have no idea the name of. There was a Book Off a little off the main street that I picked up a few things out of the bargain bin. Most of the games I bought when I visited came from Trader though.
BumbleChump
16-bit

Re: Selling US games/consoles in Japan. Worth it?

by BumbleChump Tue May 20, 2014 8:26 pm

Trader huh? I'll keep that in mind. Thanks
Return to Game Deals