Post deals, brag about finds, etc.
bryan_65
Next-Gen

Re: Candy Cabs in the Midwest (Wi / Min)

by bryan_65 Wed May 21, 2014 1:31 pm

So Mike, it seems you see a lot of group buys and stuff. What are the Naomi Universal uprights or Net City/NNC uprights going for and are they hard to get outside of Ken having some in Utah. Ken has a Net City for $1100 and a New Net City for $1250, but they are both sit-down. Can these be switched back to uprights?

If I ever get a candy it has to be one of those two upright models.
mjmjr25

by mjmjr25 Wed May 21, 2014 2:23 pm

I'm not sure what was done to convert them - so don't want to say for sure, I will say that there are both official and custom-made candy cab pedestals, that will turn any sit-down cab into a standup.

If you look at this pic, the cab on the far right is a standard Astro City, put on a pedestal and made to look like an upright:

http://libblerabble.com/images/arcade/V ... astros.jpg

Regarding price - yeah, i've seen Ken's and those prices just don't seem inline with what they sell for in JP, in contrast w/other cabs. I think, and this is a total guess, due to their odd size and dimensions, you can't ship them as easily, not pack them in a container as easily, so part of that upcost is his shipping costs, not the model itself.

There was an East Coast buy last year that ended up going sour, but at the time, the NC and NNC's were like $750 plus shipping, so i'd think somewhere in that range is more appropriate. You can check w/skate, I think he got his for much less than that, as he sorta stumbled into them locally, got a pair of them as I recally.
Bradtemple87
Next-Gen

by Bradtemple87 Wed May 21, 2014 5:25 pm

Bryan the NC and NNC cabs are designed as sitdowns unless the risers are attached. These can be used for blast city and other cabs as well.
MY Sale/Trade Thread
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=27739
KalessinDB
Next-Gen

by KalessinDB Thu May 22, 2014 11:47 pm

Ugh.. I just don't like the style of Candy Cabs for some reason. But in a year or so I might have to bite. You're quite the trek from me, but it might be a fun road trip. But yeah, get a Neo Big Red and that's a whole 'nother story.

But as we've mentioned before... nothing for quite some time. Damn my lack of resolve :D I'm at least smart with the purchases that are 3 figures or higher.
Gunning for a licensed NES NTSC-U set, follow the madness and poverty here!
Cheat sheet of my collection, always looking to increase it. 405/677 licensed games, 46/"95" unlicensed
Chronically out of date BST thread
storino03
64-bit

by storino03 Thu May 22, 2014 11:59 pm

Nice, Chicago, 40min from me!
Game Grabs/Pickup videos: Youtube
Amazon Gift Cards
Return to Game Deals