Post deals, brag about finds, etc.
oxymoron
Next-Gen

Re: Sony PSN Flash Sale

by oxymoron Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:24 am

If they keep doing these Steam-like sales I wouldn't mind going all digital.
CavZee
Next-Gen

by CavZee Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:39 pm

oxymoron wrote:If they keep doing these Steam-like sales I wouldn't mind going all digital.

I dunno about going all digital but I'd certainly buy more Indies if this keeps up.
Steam/NNID: CavZee PSN: I_CavZee_I
3DS FC: 5456-0768-7231
pvt_awol
64-bit

by pvt_awol Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:25 pm

^

I spent my fair share for these games. I fully agree about not going fully digital, but definitely picking up the download only titles.

Here is my dilemma, and maybe some of you can help a brotha out? A bunch of those PS1 classics have been free for PS+ members, so I already have them. The store wouldn't let me purchase them again.

What this means is that if I let my PS+ account lapse, I lose the free games, when I could have bought them for $.99

Does anyone know a way around this? I've had this happen to me enough times that I think Sony should have a fix. Anyone?
CavZee
Next-Gen

by CavZee Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:33 pm

pvt_awol wrote:^

I spent my fair share for these games. I fully agree about not going fully digital, but definitely picking up the download only titles.

Here is my dilemma, and maybe some of you can help a brotha out? A bunch of those PS1 classics have been free for PS+ members, so I already have them. The store wouldn't let me purchase them again.

What this means is that if I let my PS+ account lapse, I lose the free games, when I could have bought them for $.99

Does anyone know a way around this? I've had this happen to me enough times that I think Sony should have a fix. Anyone?

I suppose you could make another PSN account and but them on there.

Or maybe try calling Sony?
darsparx
Next-Gen

by darsparx Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:29 pm

As far as I know you don't fully lose the games. I had mine semi lapse before I purchased a years worth of ps+ in december(my dad had bought be a 3 month to help me out) and had already gotten some of the game collection stuff. Once I purchased them for free through ps+ I didn't lost them, I just lost access to play them until I renewed my ps+. Trust me you still have access to it but you have to renew your ps+ first...
My gameroom
My systems: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, original gba, gba sp(001), ds lite, 3ds, vita, psp, PSone(101 model) ps2, ps3(320gb model), ps4, retron 5, and Dreamcast.

bogusmeatfactory wrote:Ever feel like a wild gazelle in the wilderness?
mjmjr25

by mjmjr25 Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:00 pm

I bought 10 of them - for $1 a pop, if I get one hour entertainment out of the bundle they're paid for.

I played Braid for an hour.

All is paid for. What a brilliant game.
aaron
Next-Gen

by aaron Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:37 pm

Agreed. Good move, Sony, I hope this makes you more money than you thought so you'll keep doing it.
Steam / PSN / Twitter: aaronjohnmiller
pvt_awol
64-bit

by pvt_awol Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:32 am

darsparx wrote:As far as I know you don't fully lose the games. I had mine semi lapse before I purchased a years worth of ps+ in december(my dad had bought be a 3 month to help me out) and had already gotten some of the game collection stuff. Once I purchased them for free through ps+ I didn't lost them, I just lost access to play them until I renewed my ps+. Trust me you still have access to it but you have to renew your ps+ first...

I am fully aware of this, as I've been a PS+ subsciber since beta. I let it lapse last year by a couple of weeks due to laziness.

What I'm getting at is, if I chose to stop paying for PS+. I cannot play the free games any longer, and would love to "own" them outright for a buck a pop. Then I won't need PS+ to access them. Do you see what I mean?

Now, seeing the value that I get from PS+, I really don't ever see myself not renewing it..... but if Sony does something dumb in the future and makes some bad decisions, I could see myself dropping it on principle. For instance, I flat refuse to pay for XBOX Live because of the way they force you to have it for Netflix and Youtube etc. So all the wonderful multiplayer on Live? I just don't ever do it.

If Sony were to go down this same path or similar (it could happen) I would cancel based on principle. For right now though, it is an amazing value (especially if you own more than one Sony system) and I'll continue to sub.
CavZee
Next-Gen

by CavZee Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:11 am

Apparently the Crash and Spyro games can now be downloaded directly on the Vita AND actually work.
I wish I would've grabbed them now. -_-
dsheinem
Next-Gen

by dsheinem Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:12 am

CavZee wrote:Apparently the Crash and Spyro games can now be downloaded directly on the Vita AND actually work.
I wish I would've grabbed them now. -_-

nice!
Return to Game Deals