Post deals, brag about finds, etc.
Snatch1414
Next-Gen

Tales from The Flea Market

by Snatch1414 Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:33 pm

(if there is another thread like this that I missed please let me know!)

Hey everyone, just figured it'd be fun to recant the experiences we all have at flea markets or yard sales. Can be game-related or not. I don't know about everyone else but I definitely meet interesting characters and sometimes have some strange encounters..........or we can just laugh/bitch about people overpricing their games.

Had a guy at the flea market this past Saturday who had a bunch of random stuff and one lone NES cart: Donkey Kong Classics. I already had it but my friend didn't so figured I might pick it up for him.

I asked the guy how much and he said $20. I just said something like 'Wow' and he replied "it's old." I just said, "it ain't THAT old." Then he claimed it goes for $40 online. At this point I had already engaged him more than I usually do with people like this, so I just walked away without responding. I wasn't mad, he can charge whatever he wants, I just don't get the balls people have when they don't even realize what they're saying is incorrect.
Subscribe to the Snatch Gaming podcast on iTunes!
SnatchGaming.com
Twitter: @SnatchGames
aaron
Next-Gen

Re: Tales from The Flea Market

by aaron Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:33 pm

Snatch1414 wrote:(if there is another thread like this that I missed please let me know!)

Hey everyone, just figured it'd be fun to recant the experiences we all have at flea markets or yard sales. Can be game-related or not. I don't know about everyone else but I definitely meet interesting characters and sometimes have some strange encounters..........or we can just laugh/bitch about people overpricing their games.

Had a guy at the flea market this past Saturday who had a bunch of random stuff and one lone NES cart: Donkey Kong Classics. I already had it but my friend didn't so figured I might pick it up for him.

I asked the guy how much and he said $20. I just said something like 'Wow' and he replied "it's old." I just said, "it ain't THAT old." Then he claimed it goes for $40 online. At this point I had already engaged him more than I usually do with people like this, so I just walked away without responding. I wasn't mad, he can charge whatever he wants, I just don't get the balls people have when they don't even realize what they're saying is incorrect.

"yeah, well, I'm old too, and I'm cheaper than that."
Steam / PSN / Twitter: aaronjohnmiller
Fragems
Next-Gen

Re: Tales from The Flea Market

by Fragems Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:53 pm

Usually this stuff just gets bounced around the Look What I Found and What Made You Smile/Ticked You off thread. I'm sure now that we are approaching summer there will be plenty going on to keep a thread like this filled though.
Return to Game Deals