Post deals, brag about finds, etc.
aaron
Next-Gen

Re: Analogue Nt: an RGB NES/Famicom. No Emulation. Hi-Fi.

by aaron Mon May 05, 2014 4:17 pm

hey this is expensive.
Last edited by aaron on Mon May 05, 2014 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steam / PSN / Twitter: aaronjohnmiller
mjmjr25

by mjmjr25 Mon May 05, 2014 4:27 pm

Jmustang1968 wrote:To me there isnt much difference between it and a cmvs. There is also a finite number of any physical item or good. What makes it different than a heavily modded console with a custom shell?

This was already explained in the first post I made today.

There were motherboards made that were overstock and never put into cabs. There are motherboards that were pulled alive from otherwise dead cabinets.

These are not the same.
Jmustang1968
Next-Gen

by Jmustang1968 Mon May 05, 2014 4:34 pm

mjmjr25 wrote:
Jmustang1968 wrote:To me there isnt much difference between it and a cmvs. There is also a finite number of any physical item or good. What makes it different than a heavily modded console with a custom shell?

This was already explained in the first post I made today.

There were motherboards made that were overstock and never put into cabs. There are motherboards that were pulled alive from otherwise dead cabinets.

These are not the same.

There is still a finite number of motherboards and they could be inserted into cabs whose motherboards have died. By this logic, is it wrong for me to get my NES modded and get a custom paint job or case mod?
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

by Hobie-wan Mon May 05, 2014 4:37 pm

There are surely less of these MVS boards floating around (some supposedly sitting unloved warehouses) than Famicoms. These chips aren't the rare ones in the Nintendo arcade system. Saying the MVS conversions are fine, but using blemished Famicoms isn't seems hypocritical to me.

This is a professionally done mod job. Are people going to be up in arms for anyone else doing a mod on piss yellow Famicoms or say a SNES? How dare people paint them! What about people 'butchering' arcades by putting the wrong board in old dedicated cabs, cutting up control panels, or making mame cabinets?

But hey, you know what, this is a BST thread and there shouldn't be any threadcrapping.

Make a thread elsewhere if you need to voice your opinion.
aaron
Next-Gen

by aaron Mon May 05, 2014 4:46 pm

Hobie-wan wrote:There are surely less of these MVS boards floating around (some supposedly sitting unloved warehouses) than Famicoms. These chips aren't the rare ones in the Nintendo arcade system. Saying the MVS conversions are fine, but using blemished Famicoms isn't seems hypocritical to me.

This is a professionally done mod job. Are people going to be up in arms for anyone else doing a mod on piss yellow Famicoms or say a SNES? How dare people paint them! What about people 'butchering' arcades by putting the wrong board in old dedicated cabs, cutting up control panels, or making mame cabinets?

But hey, you know what, this is a BST thread and there shouldn't be any threadcrapping.

i understand why you're saying this, but this is hardly a thread that belongs in the BST forum. it's an advertisement for a pre-order for an item not being offered for sale through the site. if anything it belongs in General Gaming or Old-School Gaming News, or the Nintendo sub-forum.

i edited my post to make it less threadcrappy, regardless.
Steam / PSN / Twitter: aaronjohnmiller
ninjainspandex
Next-Gen

by ninjainspandex Mon May 05, 2014 4:48 pm

aaron wrote:
Hobie-wan wrote:There are surely less of these MVS boards floating around (some supposedly sitting unloved warehouses) than Famicoms. These chips aren't the rare ones in the Nintendo arcade system. Saying the MVS conversions are fine, but using blemished Famicoms isn't seems hypocritical to me.

i understand why you're saying this, but this is hardly a thread that belongs in the BST forum. it's an advertisement for a pre-order for an item not being offered for sale through the site. if anything it belongs in General Gaming or Old-School Gaming News, or the Nintendo sub-forum.

i edited my post to make it less threadcrappy, regardless.

There is a discussion thread here http://racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=46345
Kelekin
24-bit

by Kelekin Mon May 05, 2014 5:10 pm

I don't have much of an opinion on the product, but I have to agree that I am extremely confused as to why this is in B/S/T. Is there a deal for Racketboy members? Is it being directly sold here? No, it's just free advertising in the wrong place.
100% Feedback! B/S/T with trust!

RacketBoy Feedback: 87 (Kelekin)
NintendoAge Feedback: 170 (Kelekin)
Emperor Bohe
8-bit

by Emperor Bohe Mon May 05, 2014 8:37 pm

I would love to own one of these. However, I would not love to drop $500 on one...
Anapan
Next-Gen

by Anapan Tue May 06, 2014 1:59 am

I think this is awesome! Slickest looking console I've ever seen. It's actually a good deal - it's about what I spent buying the PC10 Mobo, NIB AV Famicom, and other parts, and it's in a cool package already fully set up. All my stuff's sitting in a box still... I really gotta get ahold of Drakon.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ApolloBoy
128-bit

by ApolloBoy Tue May 06, 2014 4:14 pm

Anapan wrote:I really gotta get ahold of Drakon.

Whatever you do, don't.
Own: 2600, 2DS, 2DS XL, 360 S, 5200, 7800, 800, 800XL, AES, Amiga 600, C64, C64C, CV, DC, Duo-R, GB, GBA, GBA SP, GBC, GBP, Genesis 2, GG, JP SMS, Lynx, Mark III, Mega CD II, MD, MSX2+, N64, NES, NES top loader, Nomad, PCE, PSX, PS2, RetroUSB AVS, SAT, SFC, SG-1000 II, SMS, SNES mini, Switch, TE, Twin Fami, VIC-20, Wii, XEGS
Return to Game Deals