Post deals, brag about finds, etc.
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen

Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Re: Analogue Nt: an RGB NES/Famicom. No Emulation. Hi-Fi.

by samsonlonghair Mon May 05, 2014 2:13 pm

mjmjr25 wrote:Very disappointed to see original systems are in fact being harvested. Can't support

How did you find this information? I'd like to read this from the source myself.
GryeDor
64-bit

by GryeDor Mon May 05, 2014 2:15 pm

samsonlonghair wrote:
mjmjr25 wrote:Very disappointed to see original systems are in fact being harvested. Can't support

How did you find this information? I'd like to read this from the source myself.

http://analogueinteractive.com/products ... nformation

scroll down through the info points, i think he's referring to the "Original Nintendo Hardware" section
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen

Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

by samsonlonghair Mon May 05, 2014 2:18 pm

Original Nintendo Hardware
The Analogue Nt is designed around the heart and brain of the original NES. The Ricoh 20A3 and Ricoh 2C02 - the identical CPU and PPU used in the original. Unlike the knock off and emulation systems that riddle the market today, the Analogue Nt is the only NES on the market that is built with original hardware. This means you’ll be experiencing the NES with the hardware it was designed to be played with. Free of any compromises.

This is worded ambiguously. This doesn't state that parts were harvested out of original NES machines. Nor does this specifically state the opposite.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

by fastbilly1 Mon May 05, 2014 2:27 pm

samsonlonghair wrote:
The Analogue Nt is designed around the heart and brain of the original NES. The Ricoh 20A3 and Ricoh 2C02 - the identical CPU and PPU used in the original. Unlike the knock off and emulation systems that riddle the market today, the Analogue Nt is the only NES on the market that is built with original hardware. This means you’ll be experiencing the NES with the hardware it was designed to be played with. Free of any compromises.

This is worded ambiguously. This doesn't state that parts were harvested out of original NES machines. Nor does this specifically state the opposite.

on the faq:
http://www.analogueinteractive.com/pages/faq

It says:
Where do the original Nintendo CPU & PPU come from?
We were able to procure a large quantity of HVC-001 Famicom systems that were in cosmetically undesirable unsellable condition. The plastic enclosure of the HVC-001 systems are notoriously yellowed, brittle and damaged. While the poor enclosure quality left these systems undesirable and sitting on a shelf, fortunately the CPU and PPU inside remain untouched and fully functional.

Not only were we able to give new life to these systems but a large portion of the controllers have been refurbished and are available for sale too.

Which makes me less interested in it. Come on Bunny Boy.
Jmustang1968
Next-Gen

by Jmustang1968 Mon May 05, 2014 2:34 pm

Whew the price, but kind of expected it. To me the cost doesnt justify the upgrades offered over what I currently have and/or emulation. Really sleek and a high end piece for sure.

The NES/famicom chipsets dont bother me. So many nasty yellowed systems out there. He isnt really destroying anything but basically modding and repackaging. Plus this will be such a niche market that it wont really put a hit into NES supply.
Last edited by Jmustang1968 on Mon May 05, 2014 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ninjainspandex
Next-Gen

by ninjainspandex Mon May 05, 2014 2:36 pm

why are refurbished NES controllers selling for $30 >.>
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen

by samsonlonghair Mon May 05, 2014 2:37 pm

fastbilly1 wrote:
samsonlonghair wrote:

on the faq:
http://www.analogueinteractive.com/pages/faq

It says:
Where do the original Nintendo CPU & PPU come from?
We were able to procure a large quantity of HVC-001 Famicom systems that were in cosmetically undesirable unsellable condition. The plastic enclosure of the HVC-001 systems are notoriously yellowed, brittle and damaged. While the poor enclosure quality left these systems undesirable and sitting on a shelf, fortunately the CPU and PPU inside remain untouched and fully functional.

Not only were we able to give new life to these systems but a large portion of the controllers have been refurbished and are available for sale too.

Which makes me less interested in it. Come on Bunny Boy.

I see. Thanks for finding this information for me. It does seem disconcerting to know that Analog interactive is tearing apart famicoms for this. Such a pity.
TSTR
Next-Gen

by TSTR Mon May 05, 2014 2:49 pm

Famicoms left to rot, or rebuilt to sell for half a G? Catch 22, methinks.

Wonder what kinda lag the HDMI scaler/adapter adds.
mjmjr25

by mjmjr25 Mon May 05, 2014 3:45 pm

Jmustang1968 wrote:The NES/famicom chipsets dont bother me. So many nasty yellowed systems out there. He isnt really destroying anything but basically modding and repackaging. Plus this will be such a niche market that it wont really put a hit into NES supply.

There is a finite number of original CPU and PPU's. I think most would rather see these chips from undesirable Famicom's put into non-working systems that have a good shell; rather than harvest the chips and toss the console.
Jmustang1968
Next-Gen

by Jmustang1968 Mon May 05, 2014 4:15 pm

mjmjr25 wrote:
Jmustang1968 wrote:The NES/famicom chipsets dont bother me. So many nasty yellowed systems out there. He isnt really destroying anything but basically modding and repackaging. Plus this will be such a niche market that it wont really put a hit into NES supply.

There is a finite number of original CPU and PPU's. I think most would rather see these chips from undesirable Famicom's put into non-working systems that have a good shell; rather than harvest the chips and toss the console.

To me there isnt much difference between it and a cmvs. There is also a finite number of any physical item or good. What makes it different than a heavily modded console with a custom shell?
Return to Game Deals