Post deals, brag about finds, etc.
flojocabron
Next-Gen

City of Glendale to auction off Arcade machines

by flojocabron Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:14 pm

Like the title says.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-ms-pac-man-galaga-glendale-arcade-auction-20140307,0,4644668.story#ixzz2vI6eljHQ

We just have a link. but I'm sure someone will snoop around and find more things

Will this attract the average joe gamer or someone famous will swipe some of these up?

The ones that can benefit easily from this will be people in SoCal.

but would be interesting to see what happens next.
2600 and jr,5200,nes/top loader, master system, intellivision, TG-16, genesis 1,2,3, SNES, snesJR, CDX, 3DOfz10, gamegear, gameboy and pocket, GBC, sega saturn, PSOne w/screen, Virtual Boy, N64, NGPC, Gameboy Advance sp, Dreamcast, Black Dreamcast, oXBOX, Playstation 2, PStwo, Gamecube, gameboy player, DS lite,DSi XL, PSP1000/3000,Wii,PS3 120gb,3DSXL, xbox 360, PSvita, PS4
oxymoron
Next-Gen

Re: City of Glendale to auction off Arcade machines

by oxymoron Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:20 pm

Well, looks like I'll be heading to Glendale soon.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

by fastbilly1 Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:21 pm

In my experience when it gets big press, everything goes for stupid amounts of money. One of the last auctions I attended had a 1 slot MVS go for $700 and a Fast and the Furious machine go for 8k.
aaron
Next-Gen

by aaron Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:25 pm

yeah this will probably be stupid.

"Maybe there's something old and funky and valuable," Councilwoman Laura Friedman said.
Steam / PSN / Twitter: aaronjohnmiller
fastbilly1
Site Admin

by fastbilly1 Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:38 pm

aaron wrote:yeah this will probably be stupid.

"Maybe there's something old and funky and valuable," Councilwoman Laura Friedman said.

You would be surprised where old and valuable arcade games have shown up:
http://www.rotheblog.com/2010/08/classi ... #more-5462
oxymoron
Next-Gen

by oxymoron Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:50 pm

It'd be cool to just go down there and check it out. *shrugs*
skate323k137
Next-Gen

by skate323k137 Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:52 pm

An initial D 3? niiice.

They definitely have the stuff over-valued, but theres' some cool stuff in there regardless.

Auctions are always odd, people often way over-pay or way under-pay, and geographic location has a lot to do with it. California is the land of plenty as far as arcade stuff goes, so I don't expect this to get too ridiculous aside from things like galaga or other cult classics which may fetch a decent price.
Need FreeMCboot? I'll install it on your PS2 Memory Card for free if you cover postage both ways.
Consoles: I have too much stuff
Arcade: No seriously, I have too much stuff. Someone grab a shovel and dig me out of my basement.
oxymoron
Next-Gen

by oxymoron Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:33 pm

skate323k137 wrote:An initial D 3? niiice.

They definitely have the stuff over-valued, but theres' some cool stuff in there regardless.

Auctions are always odd, people often way over-pay or way under-pay, and geographic location has a lot to do with it. California is the land of plenty as far as arcade stuff goes, so I don't expect this to get too ridiculous aside from things like galaga or other cult classics which may fetch a decent price.

They just mentioned this on the local news. I think this'll bring out some of the ebay folk who have no idea how much this stuffs worth.
BumbleChump
16-bit

by BumbleChump Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:11 pm

Ah, this is the arcade that used to be next to the Americana. I went there when they were open, and they didn't really have anything all that special. No imports, no machines where you would ride something like a bike except maybe a couple mediocre driving games. They may have had old stuff in the back though.

But yeah everything will probably go for stupid prices since it's being advertised a lot apparently. So don't feel bad if you can't get to the auction. It was a crappy arcade with crappy games.

Hah I see that old Soul Calibur 3 cabinet I played in the photo.

Edit: Woops I meant SC2
Retrozoa
64-bit

by Retrozoa Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:07 pm

I wish they had auctions like this in Chicago. All I can find here are broken pinball and pachinko machines.
Current systems: Atari 2600[x2], NES(top loader), SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Saturn, Dreamcast, Playstation, PS2, PS2 slim, xbox, xbox 360, Turbografx-16, Game Boy Pocket, Game boy SP[x2], Nintendo DS[x2], Nintendo DSi, Nintendo 3DS, Game Gear, Neo Geo Pocket Color, Wonderswan Color, Neo Geo MVS.
Return to Game Deals