Post deals, brag about finds, etc.
KalessinDB
Next-Gen

75% off PS2 at Gamestop

by KalessinDB Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:58 pm

I don't know if it was just the one store I went to or what, but my local Gamestop had a couple shelves full of PS2 games with "75% off everything!" plastered above them. And then you got the extra 10% for membership too.

I ended up with a stack of games for approximately 2 bucks a pop. I mean, most of them weren't anything special, but I was specifically picking up only ones with real case/art and I grabbed Sly Cooper, Rachet & Clank, Namco Museum... couple nice ones. FFX was there but I already had that. Dirge of Cerberus had a case, but unfortunately it was a tease and they didn't have the actual disc. I basically grabbed everything that A: had a case and original art, B: wasn't a sports game and c: wasn't a singstar/guitar hero game. If I had left off restriction A, I probably could've grabbed 30+ as opposed to the dozen or so I did.

I went to another Gamestop though, and no PS2 was to be seen, so they're probably consolidating them down into 1 or 2 stores in a region like I know they've done before with old systems. Happy Hunting!
Gunning for a licensed NES NTSC-U set, follow the madness and poverty here!
Cheat sheet of my collection, always looking to increase it. 405/677 licensed games, 46/"95" unlicensed
Chronically out of date BST thread
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

Re: 75% off PS2 at Gamestop

by Hobie-wan Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:03 pm

Oxymoron mentioned the other day and pretty sure someone else did too. I picked up a couple of things here a few weeks ago as well.
Return to Game Deals