Post deals, brag about finds, etc.
cha cha
128-bit

Re: Interest Check: TATE VGA Monitors/stands & PVMs

by cha cha Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:43 pm

I am interested in learning more about what PVMs are available, I'm passing by Indy in coming months anyways, could pick up if need be.
twitch ► | youtube ► | srk ► | sell/trade ► | gameroom ►
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Player of Fighting Games: TTT2: Christie/PJack, Bob/Jinpachi, Raven/Zafina » SC5: Leixia, Tira, Aeon, Maxi » SF4: Elena, Rose, Cammy » GGAC+R: May, Faust, Baiken » KoF13: Athena/Yuri/Leona » SS5: Mina Majikina

Racketboy Online FG Matchfiner Thread! Come out and play.
s1mplehumar
Next-Gen

by s1mplehumar Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:58 pm

Still interested. :)
Nintendo ID, PSN, XBL: Eronnicus * Steam ID: s1mplehumar * Switch Friend Code: SW-3270-7921-5525
aaron
Next-Gen

by aaron Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:07 pm

AFAIK they are still available. auction is next saturday; i'll be there and i'll be buying as many PVMs as i can. the monitors and monitor stands may have to wait, but those are much easier to come by. i'll see what i can get.
Steam / PSN / Twitter: aaronjohnmiller
aaron
Next-Gen

by aaron Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:02 am

update on the PVMs:

the auction is this saturday (the 29th). our surplus dept has preview days tuesday and thursday, so i went this morning to check and ensure that the PVMs were all still there. they were. :D i took some pictures of some model numbers and the inputs, and apparently some of these are CVM (commercial video monitors) and don't have the same RGB inputs, but would probably still be nice retro displays. anyway here are some pics:

Sony PVM-20M2MDU. here is a stock picture of the back panel. there are four of these.

Sony PVM-2030. there are two of these.

Sony CVM-1271. i think there were a couple of these. also that first picture may or may not be the same as the CVM-1271 back panel pictured, i kind of haphazardly took the pics since i didn't have a lot of time there today.

Sony PVM-1343MD. this is similar to the one that our user wowbobwow found here.

there might be more there; i didn't take comprehensive pics and i didn't get a chance to get a full count. but i'm going back on thursday to at least plug these in and ensure that they will power on, so i'll try to get more pics and more details then. this is a surplus department, so a lot of stuff gets sent here because it no longer works, but in some cases it's just the result of a department upgrading their systems. these all came from the IU Med School so i'm assuming they just upgraded. all the monitors look nice with no visible burn-in or anything. the 1943MD has some dings along the top, and they all could use a good scrubbing, but overall i'm pretty excited about the idea of being able to pick all of these up at a potentially really, really good price. i will happily pass the savings along to anyone wanting one of these :)

there are also boxes of BNC connectors, couplers, converters, and various other video hardware available that i'm going to be bidding on. in my experience at this auction, most of the things that go quickly and for high prices are the computers, the furniture, and the large metal items that scrappers come and buy, so it's feasible that i could get these uncontested.

also i found this, which appears to have a VGA to BNC converter in it? might be neat/useful.

bmoc
Next-Gen

by bmoc Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:19 pm

That wall plate amplifies the VGA signal so that it can travel further. The maximum distance VGA can travel varies based on resolution. Typically it would be connected to a projector at the other end which could be a long distance away.

Good luck at the auction. There are some nice models there!
EllertMichael
Next-Gen

by EllertMichael Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:57 pm

I always liked the look of those PVM2030's...

Ooh! Extron stuff?? If you can scoop some Extron RGB's on the cheap I'm sure there would be people on here (myself included :wink: )and on the shmups forum that would be interested, especially if they have the original PSU's. It has been discovered that these can be used to convert 480i signals to 240p, useful for playing CAVE ports on the X360 and emulators on the oXbox on CRTs.
More info: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bryi0mkfniA
aaron
Next-Gen

by aaron Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:14 am

EllertMichael wrote:I always liked the look of those PVM2030's...

Ooh! Extron stuff?? If you can scoop some Extron RGB's on the cheap I'm sure there would be people on here (myself included :wink: )and on the shmups forum that would be interested, especially if they have the original PSU's. It has been discovered that these can be used to convert 480i signals to 240p, useful for playing CAVE ports on the X360 and emulators on the oXbox on CRTs.
More info: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bryi0mkfniA

can you give me a better idea of what to look for specifically? i didn't see any Extron monitors if that's what you mean. i can keep an look out though.
EllertMichael
Next-Gen

by EllertMichael Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:59 pm

No, not monitors. They are converter boxes that say "RGB" on them
They go for $15-$25 on ebay, but don't always have the PSU.
However, if they are cheap enough my advise would be to grab any other "Extron" units you find there. You might snag a rare one you could throw on ebay for a tidy profit :wink:
aaron
Next-Gen

by aaron Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:20 am

ok awesome. i'll be checking out the inventory there again today, i will keep an eye out! something like that could probably be had in a large box with other random devices for about $10.
cha cha
128-bit

by cha cha Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:21 am

still very interested in Sony CVM-1271 and Sony PVM-2030. Would like to see what prices you are able to get them for!
twitch ► | youtube ► | srk ► | sell/trade ► | gameroom ►
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Player of Fighting Games: TTT2: Christie/PJack, Bob/Jinpachi, Raven/Zafina » SC5: Leixia, Tira, Aeon, Maxi » SF4: Elena, Rose, Cammy » GGAC+R: May, Faust, Baiken » KoF13: Athena/Yuri/Leona » SS5: Mina Majikina

Racketboy Online FG Matchfiner Thread! Come out and play.
Return to Game Deals