Post deals, brag about finds, etc.
aaron
Next-Gen

Interest Check: TATE VGA Monitors/stands & PVMs

by aaron Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:10 pm

hey all. i work at a local university in a help desk position and one of our jobs is to procure usable equipment from our surplus department. every divison within the university sends old tech and furniture to surplus, and other departments can come pick it up for their use. once every couple of months, though, they have a public auction where the general public can come in a purchase items.

i went today as we normally do and there are about 20-30 Sony Trinitron PVMs of varying models and sizes (the largest of which was probably 22"). there are also a TON of rotating monitor stands and dell monitors available as well. if anyone is interested in any of these things, i'm considering attending the next public auction and trying to obtain some of these items. i'm located in indianapolis so if you're near, we could arrange a pick up or i can look into shipping costs if you're really interested.

anyway. just thought i'd throw this out there. next auction isn't until March 29th so we've got some time.
Steam / PSN / Twitter: aaronjohnmiller
mjmjr25

Re: Interest Check: TATE VGA Monitors/stands & PVMs

by mjmjr25 Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:24 pm

Very interested in a PVM or 5. How much info are you able to get before the auction? (condition, sizes, model numbers, etc)

I need 2 rotating monitor stands but I have no idea how universal my monitor will be - i'll have to look into it.
s1mplehumar
Next-Gen

by s1mplehumar Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:43 pm

I'm at least interested. Shipping is going to be a bear no matter how you slice it.
Nintendo ID, PSN, XBL: Eronnicus * Steam ID: s1mplehumar * Switch Friend Code: SW-3270-7921-5525
Bradtemple87
Next-Gen

by Bradtemple87 Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:19 pm

More details as the date approaches will help me figure out if I need anything. Any pics of what those monitor rotate stands look like?
MY Sale/Trade Thread
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=27739
aaron
Next-Gen

by aaron Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:26 pm

keep 'em coming. i'll be visiting surplus again next week and i'll snap some pics of the PVMs and the monitor stands. i MIGHT be able to get the guys there to "earmark" some stuff for me for the auction but that's not a guarantee.
TSTR
Next-Gen

by TSTR Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:00 am

Might be interested in some PC monitors/stands, but would need specs.
KalessinDB
Next-Gen

by KalessinDB Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:52 am

I want one, but shipping would kill the PVM for me I feel... and a nine hour drive one way to pick it up is a teensy bit much. God I wish stuff like this would happen near me.
Gunning for a licensed NES NTSC-U set, follow the madness and poverty here!
Cheat sheet of my collection, always looking to increase it. 405/677 licensed games, 46/"95" unlicensed
Chronically out of date BST thread
s1mplehumar
Next-Gen

by s1mplehumar Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:13 am

KalessinDB wrote:I want one, but shipping would kill the PVM for me I feel... and a nine hour drive one way to pick it up is a teensy bit much. God I wish stuff like this would happen near me.

I souced my first PVM through a friend, and my second one through my brother. There's been a handful of local Craigslist sales, but at mostly unreasonable prices. Good luck!
Nintendo ID, PSN, XBL: Eronnicus * Steam ID: s1mplehumar * Switch Friend Code: SW-3270-7921-5525
fastbilly1
Site Admin

by fastbilly1 Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:18 am

Are you just talking desktop monitor stands, or do you have any free standing or display stands in that lot?
aaron
Next-Gen

by aaron Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:38 am

fastbilly1 wrote:Are you just talking desktop monitor stands, or do you have any free standing or display stands in that lot?

they're all desktop monitor stands as far as i can tell. i'll look a little more in depth to see if there are any more.
Return to Game Deals