Post deals, brag about finds, etc.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Re: Thrift Store Steal!!

by BoneSnapDeez Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:45 am

dunpeal2064 wrote:If the OP was along the lines of, "Guys, I found a box of TGCD games at a flea market, check out my video", then sure,

I wouldn't even watch that. We have a thread to discuss finds. I like it, because it takes 10 seconds to read each post.

A 10 minute(!) video dedicated simply to "game pick-ups" is the worst thing ever. Well, next to unboxings.
dunpeal2064
Next-Gen

by dunpeal2064 Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:07 am

Yeah, neither would I, but I don't care about anything "collecting" related, so even the post would bore me. :lol:

But, if gamermattdude really wants to make videos of his finds, there is at least objectively a better way to approach it.
J T
Next-Gen

by J T Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:31 pm

My contributions to the Racketboy site:
Browser Games ... Free PC Games ... Mixtapes ... Doujin Games ... SotC Poetry
Blu
Next-Gen

by Blu Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:37 pm

Admittedly, I thought Bone and Aaron were pissed because this guy actually stole something from a thrift store that might be particularly valuable.

I guess I'm a little less angry given that he actually paid for it, but still disappointed that we're in a day and age where we think it's necessary to post a video about it rather than type out a post.
oxymoron
Next-Gen

by oxymoron Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:35 am

BoneSnapDeez wrote:
dunpeal2064 wrote:If the OP was along the lines of, "Guys, I found a box of TGCD games at a flea market, check out my video", then sure,

I wouldn't even watch that. We have a thread to discuss finds. I like it, because it takes 10 seconds to read each post.

A 10 minute(!) video dedicated simply to "game pick-ups" is the worst thing ever. Well, next to unboxings.

Some unboxings are useful. I usually use them for Collectors or Special editions to get an idea of how big the figures and stuff are.
gamedudemat
16-bit

by gamedudemat Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:11 pm

CRTGAMER wrote:@ gamedudemat - No need to create a new Thread when there is already a Game Finds Thread. For courtesy you could have added a couple lines of text along with the video link describing what exactly you found at the Thrift Store. I did not want to slug thru the video, (thanks to aaron mention) congrats on the five dollar DS.

Thanks for being level headed. It certainly goes a long way.
Return to Game Deals