Post deals, brag about finds, etc.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Re: Big Lots! is Having a 50% of Sale on All Games

by CRTGAMER Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:49 pm

Frag Mortuus wrote:
samsonlonghair wrote:The ten cent loose AA battery is absolutely true. They'll mark down anything that's broken and sell it for cheap. Big Lots! never throws anything away. Never.

We once sold a whole palette of Korean lucky charms with the toy already cut out of the cereal box. There's nothing but disappointment at the bottom of that cereal box. Apparently someone decided the leprechaun toy is more valuable than the cereal. Some middleman bought up old boxes of Lucky Charms, took out the toys to resell for more, then sold off the cereal to Big Lots!. Big Lots! in turn sells the cereal to children who will be crying next Tuesday morning.

When I worked at Big Lots! I saw a cup of yogurt marked down to eight cents. The really crazy part is that someone bought the yogurt. She thought she was getting a good deal too. Imagine her thought process. Eight cent yogurt! What could possibly go wrong?

If you need an eight box of crayons with seven crayons still in the box, shop at Bog Lots! If you need most of a lawn chair, shop at Big Lots! If you need a deflated basketball, shop at Big Lots!

It's a classy place.
I laughed so hard at this whole post! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Those loose batteries should all be new, the store would be setting itself up if they did attempt to sell used batteries. Not cost affective either, losing money paying for employee time dealing with the returns and disposing of the Hazmat.

That Korean Lucky Charms is funny, might be a collectable in the states sans the missing toy. :lol:

The 8 cent yogurt is hilarious, hopefully at least it is not expired and had proper refrigeration all the way from what original store or source it came from.

From what I understand, Big Lots whole sale purchases clearance and discontinued items, sometimes direct from various manufacturers. I think it is a store level quality control issue such as that deflated basketball or missing crayons that have not been marked down and disposed. On the whole I do not see partial or defective merchandise in the store, although a pallet such as that Lucky Charms missing the toy coming into the store can happen. Mostly the store has complete sealed new packaged items, though there are merchandise that have been cannibalized by thieving customers. Killer deals if one does not mind "last years" hot item and digging thru the piles. Thrift Store hunters will feel right at home at Big Lots. :lol:
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

by BoneSnapDeez Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:04 pm

Well I finally made it out to the store.

And guess what? My local Big Lots doesn't even carry video games! Lovely.
IrishNinja
64-bit

by IrishNinja Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:56 am

^yeah, looking about the same for me - was after Dreamcast Collection & Shinobi for $5, and at that price yakuza 4 would've made a good gift too...ah well
Michi
Next-Gen

by Michi Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:40 pm

I went last weekend and found Hitman: Absolution and....nothing else.

All right, that's not entirely true. They did have a copy of No More Heroes 2 and a box full of Ben 10 games, but as far as I was concerned, nothing. Unless anyone here thinks the LEGO Legends of Chima game is worth a trip back.
Czernobog
Next-Gen

by Czernobog Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:25 am

Swung by a local big lots and wanted to let you guys know that at the two I checked out any games left were now 90% off to get them out the door. Grabbed Red Dead Redemption for $2.04 after tax.
Fragems
Next-Gen

by Fragems Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:04 pm

Most of the stores around here are down to nothing. I can confirm that as of two-three weeks ago the Ashland, KY biglots was down to Top Spin 3(360) and Megamind(DS). The Downtown Huntington, WV store only had some lego DS game left. Might hit the route 60 Huntington, WV store today they still had 50+ games last time I looked.
Return to Game Deals