Post deals, brag about finds, etc.
Luke
Next-Gen

Re: Big Lots! is Having a 50% of Sale on All Games

by Luke Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:39 pm

:)

It's a liquidation store (right?) that sells old stuff.

In fact, rumor has it that at one point they placed used batteries in a HUGE bin equipped with battery "testers". All batteries were a dime a piece.

It is also rumored that they once sold irregular packs of Bazooka Joe gum for a nickel a ten pack, the only catch being the flavor was "Some sort of grape flavor".
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

by Hobie-wan Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:12 pm

Gunstar Green wrote:I can find some of my favorite potato chip brands from Pennsylvania there sometimes. Just got to check the label first. :lol:

I love picking up random drinks there.
Frag Mortuus
Next-Gen

by Frag Mortuus Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:21 pm

I picked up

Yakuza 4 for 9.44
Hitman Absolution for 6.44
Professor Layton and the unwound Future for 7.50
Kirby Epic Yarn for 6.44

Also I bought Harvest Moon 3D A Tale of two towns at Kmart on clearance for 5.00

Thanks for the heads up Fragems.

Also the clerk told me they are getting rid of their game because they are only going to stock then during Christmas. Which means they may do this every year.
noiseredux wrote:Frag Mortuus rules.

Sell/Trade/Want List
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

by Gunstar Green Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:05 pm

Hobie-wan wrote:
Gunstar Green wrote:I can find some of my favorite potato chip brands from Pennsylvania there sometimes. Just got to check the label first. :lol:

I love picking up random drinks there.

The worst thing is when you find something really awesome that you never had before and then they sell out and you never find it again.
Fragems
Next-Gen

by Fragems Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:21 pm

Frag Mortuus wrote:I picked up

Yakuza 4 for 9.44
Hitman Absolution for 6.44
Professor Layton and the unwound Future for 7.50
Kirby Epic Yarn for 6.44

Also I bought Harvest Moon 3D A Tale of two towns at Kmart on clearance for 5.00

Thanks for the heads up Fragems.

Also the clerk told me they are getting rid of their game because they are only going to stock then during Christmas. Which means they may do this every year.

Damn I wish I could find a copy of Yakuza 4 around here. If anyone bumps into a copy I'd be willing to pay $15 shipped + paypal fees.
MoNsTeRzKHAOS
32-bit

by MoNsTeRzKHAOS Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:38 am

Went to the one near me today and picked up Binary Domain for $5 went wanting Yakuza 4 and Yakuza Dead Souls, but sadly none were there.
s1mplehumar
Next-Gen

by s1mplehumar Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:47 am

Hit up two stores that were all but wiped out. If anyone wants a dozen copies of 'Michael Jackson: The Experience' for Wii, let me know. :P
Nintendo ID, PSN, XBL: Eronnicus * Steam ID: s1mplehumar * Switch Friend Code: SW-3270-7921-5525
Cronozilla
Next-Gen

by Cronozilla Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:50 am

I had to ask if there were video games, I was told no, then another worker said she had a tray. It was almost all Garfield games. I grabbed Shinobi, Spinter Cell, and Ghost Recon all for 3DS, and they were pretty much the only copies of those titles. Nothing for other systems was left.
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen

Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

by samsonlonghair Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:20 pm

Luke wrote:In fact, rumor has it

Already something has gone wrong in this statement.
Luke wrote:that at one point they placed used batteries in a HUGE bin equipped with battery "testers". All batteries were a dime a piece.

That's preposterous, Luke. That's ridiculous, impossible, and flat-out untrue. Look brother, I once worked at Big Lots! myself. So I know how ridiculous this truly is.

Big Lots! would never give you a tester. :wink:

The ten cent loose AA battery is absolutely true. They'll mark down anything that's broken and sell it for cheap. Big Lots! never throws anything away. Never.

We once sold a whole palette of Korean lucky charms with the toy already cut out of the cereal box. There's nothing but disappointment at the bottom of that cereal box. Apparently someone decided the leprechaun toy is more valuable than the cereal. Some middleman bought up old boxes of Lucky Charms, took out the toys to resell for more, then sold off the cereal to Big Lots!. Big Lots! in turn sells the cereal to children who will be crying next Tuesday morning.

When I worked at Big Lots! I saw a cup of yogurt marked down to eight cents. The really crazy part is that someone bought the yogurt. She thought she was getting a good deal too. Imagine her thought process. Eight cent yogurt! What could possibly go wrong?

If you need an eight box of crayons with seven crayons still in the box, shop at Bog Lots! If you need most of a lawn chair, shop at Big Lots! If you need a deflated basketball, shop at Big Lots!

It's a classy place.
Frag Mortuus
Next-Gen

by Frag Mortuus Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:00 pm

samsonlonghair wrote:
Luke wrote:In fact, rumor has it

Already something has gone wrong in this statement.
Luke wrote:that at one point they placed used batteries in a HUGE bin equipped with battery "testers". All batteries were a dime a piece.

That's preposterous, Luke. That's ridiculous, impossible, and flat-out untrue. Look brother, I once worked at Big Lots! myself. So I know how ridiculous this truly is.

Big Lots! would never give you a tester. :wink:

The ten cent loose AA battery is absolutely true. They'll mark down anything that's broken and sell it for cheap. Big Lots! never throws anything away. Never.

We once sold a whole palette of Korean lucky charms with the toy already cut out of the cereal box. There's nothing but disappointment at the bottom of that cereal box. Apparently someone decided the leprechaun toy is more valuable than the cereal. Some middleman bought up old boxes of Lucky Charms, took out the toys to resell for more, then sold off the cereal to Big Lots!. Big Lots! in turn sells the cereal to children who will be crying next Tuesday morning.

When I worked at Big Lots! I saw a cup of yogurt marked down to eight cents. The really crazy part is that someone bought the yogurt. She thought she was getting a good deal too. Imagine her thought process. Eight cent yogurt! What could possibly go wrong?

If you need an eight box of crayons with seven crayons still in the box, shop at Bog Lots! If you need most of a lawn chair, shop at Big Lots! If you need a deflated basketball, shop at Big Lots!

It's a classy place.

I laughed so hard at this whole post! :lol: :lol: :lol:
noiseredux wrote:Frag Mortuus rules.

Sell/Trade/Want List
Return to Game Deals