Post deals, brag about finds, etc.
User avatar
Frag Mortuus
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 1111
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:39 pm
Location: Princeton, WV

Re: Should I buy.....

by Frag Mortuus Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:14 pm

Opa Opa wrote:Doesn't sound too bad as long as the unit hasn't had any technical problems. Are the controllers first-party?


Yeah, they are first party. I know it will be in good condition, he is a pretty picky guy when it comes to gaming stuff. He won't buy used and won't buy third party stuff.
noiseredux wrote:Frag Mortuus rules.


Image

Sell/Trade/Want List
User avatar
Fragems
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 5430
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:01 am
Location: Proctorville, OH

Re: Should I buy.....

by Fragems Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:19 pm

Frag Mortuus wrote:I have a friend that wants to sell me his XBox 360 for $100. It's an Elite (the later version with what ever the different chipset was), three games (I know Max Payne 3 was one), and two controllers.

What do you all think?


$100 is a good price that it about as low as I see the systems go by themselves usually. As long as everything seems in good shape and you have the cash to spare it isn't a bad deal.
Snatch1414
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 1279
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:33 pm

Re: Should I buy.....

by Snatch1414 Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:07 pm

Should I buy a DS? The reason I ask is it seems certain auction sites have them pretty cheap but I don't know if I should just get a 3DS and pay more if I really want something.
Subscribe to the Snatch Gaming podcast on iTunes!
SnatchGaming.com
Twitter: @SnatchGames
User avatar
Fragems
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 5430
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:01 am
Location: Proctorville, OH

Re: Should I buy.....

by Fragems Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:20 pm

Snatch1414 wrote:Should I buy a DS? The reason I ask is it seems certain auction sites have them pretty cheap but I don't know if I should just get a 3DS and pay more if I really want something.


If you already have a GBA then I would say go ahead and get the 3DS. If you have the cash to spare I'm all about maximizing the playable library when it comes to picking up consoles.
Snatch1414
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 1279
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:33 pm

Re: Should I buy.....

by Snatch1414 Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:10 pm

Don't have a GBA but pretty confident I can find one somewhere, so maybe I will go for the 3DS after all. Do I need the XL??
Subscribe to the Snatch Gaming podcast on iTunes!
SnatchGaming.com
Twitter: @SnatchGames
User avatar
Frag Mortuus
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 1111
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:39 pm
Location: Princeton, WV

Re: Should I buy.....

by Frag Mortuus Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:51 pm

Snatch1414 wrote:Don't have a GBA but pretty confident I can find one somewhere, so maybe I will go for the 3DS after all. Do I need the XL??


I have the XL. It's what I started on. Now, that I've seen the 3DS and how small I perceive the screens to be, I don't see how I could ever NOT use an XL. If you're buying it at retail price, you're only going to be spending $20 more. So, I don't see why anyone would go for the regular.

Also, you can probably catch a good deal on one of the limited edition XL's that are out like the Yoshi or Mario & Luigi ones.
noiseredux wrote:Frag Mortuus rules.


Image

Sell/Trade/Want List
User avatar
pvt_awol
64-bit
 
Posts: 477
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:58 pm

Re: Should I buy.....

by pvt_awol Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:20 am

^

I'm a huge fan of the Gameboy Advance Library, and I think you kinda owe it to yourself to get an original DS or variation, if you don't have a Gameboy Advance or a GBA player for a Gamecube.

That's the one thing that I used my DS for most often was playing GBA games, and something that the 3DS lacks. I know why Nintendo took out that compatibility though, they want you to "re-buy" the games you already own in their E-Shop. The 3DS "can" play the games, just not off of a cart.


An interesting thing to note about this compatibility is, there are certain DS games that take advantage of the fact that you might have a GBA game plugged in. (Castlevania comes to mind) This is kind of a cool trick and can only happen on an original DS.
User avatar
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 10915
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:26 pm
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina

Re: Should I buy.....

by prfsnl_gmr Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:23 am

Should I buy a stack of 5200 games? I don't have a 5200, but I am not adverse to picking one up. (It is a beautiful console.) Moreover, I have the opportunity to get a lot of the system's library - including some uncommon Activision games - at one time. (They look so cool!)
User avatar
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 19577
Joined: Mon May 02, 2011 1:08 pm
Location: Maine

Re: Should I buy.....

by BoneSnapDeez Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:34 am

prfsnl_gmr wrote:Should I buy a stack of 5200 games? I don't have a 5200, but I am not adverse to picking one up. (It is a beautiful console.) Moreover, I have the opportunity to get a lot of the system's library - including some uncommon Activision games - at one time. (They look so cool!)


Yes!!!!!!!!

And then buy the console.

It's a small library of really neat games. It's like the "greatest hits of the Atari 2600 era". :lol: Really nice bulky carts too.
User avatar
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 10915
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:26 pm
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina

Re: Should I buy.....

by prfsnl_gmr Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:35 am

BoneSnapDeez wrote:
prfsnl_gmr wrote:Should I buy a stack of 5200 games? I don't have a 5200, but I am not adverse to picking one up. (It is a beautiful console.) Moreover, I have the opportunity to get a lot of the system's library - including some uncommon Activision games - at one time. (They look so cool!)


Yes!!!!!!!!

And then buy the console.

It's a small library of really neat games. It's like the "greatest hits of the Atari 2600 era". :lol: Really nice bulky carts too.


Thanks, Bone. I knew I could count on you to support my worst collecting instincts.
Return to Game Deals

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests