Post deals, brag about finds, etc.
ZenErik
Next-Gen

Re: 4K UHD TVs under $1000 on Amazon today...

by ZenErik Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:15 pm

It's an issue with the OLED manufacturing process. MAYBE it won't affect high end TV panels, but the Vita has not a high end panel. Must have gotten a magical panel if yours has ZERO blotches. That said, it's only noticeable during dark scenes. But isn't one of the benefits of OLED supposed to be better blacks?

And I am not a huge fan of the over saturated look. Decent LCD panels offer nicer color, IMO. Obvious downside is the blacks being pretty poor in comparison to OLED and plasma.

Anyway, all we can do is wait and see what the next big thing is. A few years back I was hearing about laser TVs and such. Whatever happened to that?
My B/S/T thread! :)
Switch ID: ??? ||| PSN ID: ZenErik (PS4) ||| Steam: Erikdayo
isiolia
Next-Gen

by isiolia Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:23 pm

I think some of the color aspect of OLED can be compensated for, the Vita even allows for it with PSP games. There are LCDs that are wide-gamut/etc as well that are over-saturated from the factory (like one of my HP monitors...which also developed IR or something over time).

All I want is a TV tech I can confidently buy :lol:
bryan_65
Next-Gen

by bryan_65 Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:33 pm

This just keeps making me dread the day my supply of CRTs stops. Eventually people will have gotten rid of them all. :(

On the plus side I might be able to start finding cheaper HD, LCD and whatnot as people fill the need to keep upgrading. My brother is one of the biggest offenders, he is on like his 7th TV in 7 years. I just think of all the wasted money.
cha cha
128-bit

by cha cha Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:03 pm

I am a child of both worlds on that front. I have 1 Wega and 2 Trinitrons and 1 "60 DLP monstrosity, and love playing up to the PS2/XB/GC generation on them. But I also love the crisp HD graphics and color superiority of my Plasma and 2 Asus LED monitors for recent gaming systems. I am excited for the future of HD technology and still love the OG tvs all at the same time.

Why own so many displays? To host game nights of course! These along with my cabinets are a bitch to move though... Next time I am definitely paying movers to lift this junk and haul it somewhere. Never gonna sell any of them. Just will toss them when they give out.
twitch ► | youtube ► | srk ► | sell/trade ► | gameroom ►
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Player of Fighting Games: TTT2: Christie/PJack, Bob/Jinpachi, Raven/Zafina » SC5: Leixia, Tira, Aeon, Maxi » SF4: Elena, Rose, Cammy » GGAC+R: May, Faust, Baiken » KoF13: Athena/Yuri/Leona » SS5: Mina Majikina

Racketboy Online FG Matchfiner Thread! Come out and play.
Bradtemple87
Next-Gen

by Bradtemple87 Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:48 pm

Erik the new samsung oled is unlike anything else sharing that technology I have ever seen in the past. The next wave is finally here! The blacks are astounding when seen in person. Head over to a best buy magnolia and see it for yourself. Samsung also sent a flash drive with content designed to showcase the technology, so ask to see that if they have something else playing.
MY Sale/Trade Thread
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=27739
Return to Game Deals