Post deals, brag about finds, etc.
wclem
Next-Gen

Black Friday digital sales?

by wclem Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:12 pm

Since I am just getting back into PC gaming and have done a build for the first time in a long time, I have a question. Should I be expecting to see a lot of Thanksgiving/Black Friday digital deals? Is it typical in the past? Can everyone post links to any if there are any? Really want to clean up this year if I can. (since PS4 has crap to play as of yet!)
dsheinem wrote:In any case, sorry that my avatar makes you cringe these days, but I haven't really changed my posing habits at all.
Stark
Next-Gen

Re: Black Friday digital sales?

by Stark Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:16 pm

Cyber Monday usually has the digital sales. Steam sale should be starting tomorrow I think as well.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
wclem
Next-Gen

by wclem Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:23 pm

Stark wrote:Cyber Monday usually has the digital sales. Steam sale should be starting tomorrow I think as well.

Was hoping for Friday LOL. Gotta work monday, though digital sales should probably not be limited by quantity.
dsheinem wrote:In any case, sorry that my avatar makes you cringe these days, but I haven't really changed my posing habits at all.
J T
Next-Gen

by J T Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:07 pm

wclem wrote:
Stark wrote:Cyber Monday usually has the digital sales. Steam sale should be starting tomorrow I think as well.

Was hoping for Friday LOL. Gotta work monday, though digital sales should probably not be limited by quantity.

They tend to be limited by time.
My contributions to the Racketboy site:
Browser Games ... Free PC Games ... Mixtapes ... Doujin Games ... SotC Poetry
Jmenglan
64-bit

by Jmenglan Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:36 pm

From now until the beginning of December you can pick up the Bio shock trilogy on Amazon for 15 dollars (comes with Steam codes).
“The best government is a benevolent tyranny tempered by an occasional assassination.”
-Voltaire
flex wood
Next-Gen

by flex wood Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:51 pm

Yo wclem, check this out

http://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/comme ... ale_day_6/

It is pretty legit on most of the prices and games that they've had on sale so far. I'm hoping to grab the metro pack for 15 and bastion.

Oh and a heads up dark souls on pc is 6 bucks today. If I had more money I'd be buying some extra copies to gift some people here but I'm broke and need money for another hard drive and more games for myself.
ZenErik
Next-Gen

by ZenErik Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:51 pm

Metro pack for $15? Is that happening. Right now the $37 deal isn't much of a deal. I've been really wanting to try out the series. Looks like a FPS that would appeal to me.

Definitely grabbed Dark Souls for $6. Way too good to pass up. Does it run any better on PC? I thought I had heard before that it ran about the same as consoles.
My B/S/T thread! :)
Switch ID: ??? ||| PSN ID: ZenErik (PS4) ||| Steam: Erikdayo
flex wood
Next-Gen

by flex wood Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:40 pm

ZenErik wrote:Metro pack for $15? Is that happening. Right now the $37 deal isn't much of a deal. I've been really wanting to try out the series. Looks like a FPS that would appeal to me.

Definitely grabbed Dark Souls for $6. Way too good to pass up. Does it run any better on PC? I thought I had heard before that it ran about the same as consoles.

Yea I really hope it is. I guess the guy that's in charge of the PC games on amazon is a member and regular poster of that sub Reddit so I'm hoping its real.

I guess with dark souls it depends on who you talk to. I remember that a couple people had problems with the frame rates and others said it was fine. I'd guess it was more system dependent then anything but with your PC you should be fine. Either way the frame rate drops are no where near game breaking whatsoever. Plus I tend to take peoples complaints about frame rates with a grain of salt since a lot of people will bitch and moan about 30 fps.

I'm still undecided on whether or not I should double dip on ds. On one hands its probably my most played game of the post few years and I've played it to death. On the other hand its hands down the best game I've played all gen. Screw it I'm getting it. If you want Erik we could get some jolly cooperation going some time.
isiolia
Next-Gen

by isiolia Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:00 pm

ZenErik wrote:Metro pack for $15? Is that happening. Right now the $37 deal isn't much of a deal. I've been really wanting to try out the series. Looks like a FPS that would appeal to me.

The actual release version is meh, but there's a tiny patch to fix it.
Phades
64-bit

by Phades Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:00 pm

ZenErik wrote:Definitely grabbed Dark Souls for $6. Way too good to pass up. Does it run any better on PC? I thought I had heard before that it ran about the same as consoles.

Blight town on PC ran perfectly smooth for me. That was the worst spot for frame rates on the console.
XBL: Phades
PSN: Phades
Steam: Phades
Return to Game Deals