Post deals, brag about finds, etc.
jamespoo
16-bit

GB Boy (backlit Game Boy Color clone) 20.99USD free shipping

by jamespoo Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:28 pm

works with all gb/gbc carts has 188 gb/gbc games built in :)

they are quite hard to find these day as they have stopped selling them years ago but this seller found a box of them at his factory he is selling cheap with free shipping i own one an can tell you that the build quality is about the same as an original gbc also the screen is backlit so you will now be able to see the screen without having to sit like right next to the sun to see anything :)

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product ... 55152.html

fixed link
Last edited by jamespoo on Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:04 pm, edited 4 times in total.
jay_red
Next-Gen

Re: GB Boy (backlit Game Boy Color clone) 20.99USD free ship

by jay_red Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:53 pm

Thanks for the heads up, I was looking at these a while back and though they were pretty cool, and at 20 bucks you cant go wrong!
My trade thread, updated 7/14
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=30531&p=421248#p421248
Valkyrie-Favor
Next-Gen

by Valkyrie-Favor Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:32 am

These look cool. Just be warned the aspect ratio is much wider than an official Game Boy.
Tsun tsun dere tsun dere tsun tsun~ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . UPDATED trade list
noiseredux wrote:Playing on your GBA/PSP you can be watching a movie/TV show/playing another RPG on your TV and then just look at the screen every once in a while
jamespoo
16-bit

by jamespoo Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:21 am

jay_red wrote:Thanks for the heads up, I was looking at these a while back and though they were pretty cool, and at 20 bucks you cant go wrong!

no you cant go wrong with $20 free shipping
nightrnr
Next-Gen

by nightrnr Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:09 am

Oh man!
If these were available back when I was tinkering with GBC front-lighting, I would have been all over this.

Still pretty cool though. I almost want to get one anyways, but I've adopted a creed for no clone hardware for physical games. These days I would rather give my original systems due attention.

Otherwise, I have PSP, DS, and GBA-SP systems for my back-light retro needs.

Now if that thing allowed you to backup saves on the fly, I might change my story. That's what we really need in clone hardware to give people another option than hassling with changing internal batteries.
...just another lost soul...
oxymoron
Next-Gen

by oxymoron Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:39 am

Just my luck. I had been looking for a game boy on the forum and a few days ago gave up and bought one on Ebay.
jamespoo
16-bit

by jamespoo Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:07 am

oxymoron wrote:Just my luck. I had been looking for a game boy on the forum and a few days ago gave up and bought one on Ebay.

damn that must suck
jamespoo
16-bit

by jamespoo Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:08 am

nightrnr wrote:Oh man!
If these were available back when I was tinkering with GBC front-lighting, I would have been all over this.

Still pretty cool though. I almost want to get one anyways, but I've adopted a creed for no clone hardware for physical games. These days I would rather give my original systems due attention.

Otherwise, I have PSP, DS, and GBA-SP systems for my back-light retro needs.

Now if that thing allowed you to backup saves on the fly, I might change my story. That's what we really need in clone hardware to give people another option than hassling with changing internal batteries.

now that would be cool to save backups
nightrnr
Next-Gen

by nightrnr Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:37 pm

jamespoo wrote:now that would be cool to save backups

I know, Right?

Not that I mind changing batteries too much (and some games like Pokemon Gold/Silver rely on batteries for its in game clock), but even if you do, it would be nice to save it, back it up, change the battery (if it's very old), and then load it via the system.

Granted, I do own a device that lets you do just that (specifically for GB/GBC games, no less). But Still a little inconvenient to use (clumsy shape and feels cheap).

But if a Retron 5 offered that feature, I think I'd need it. Even better if you could save multiple backups of the same game on an SD card.
...just another lost soul...
jamespoo
16-bit

by jamespoo Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:58 pm

nightrnr wrote:
jamespoo wrote:now that would be cool to save backups

I know, Right?

Not that I mind changing batteries too much (and some games like Pokemon Gold/Silver rely on batteries for its in game clock), but even if you do, it would be nice to save it, back it up, change the battery (if it's very old), and then load it via the system.

Granted, I do own a device that lets you do just that (specifically for GB/GBC games, no less). But Still a little inconvenient to use (clumsy shape and feels cheap).

But if a Retron 5 offered that feature, I think I'd need it. Even better if you could save multiple backups of the same game on an SD card.

never heard of Retron 5 it looks cool
Return to Game Deals