Post deals, brag about finds, etc.
winds
128-bit

Re: Potentialy Huge and maybe stupid purchase incoming!

by winds Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:19 pm

Hahaha oh man, this was a nail biter for sure.

I turned one of my coworkers onto this thread, and we read it daily. As we went for smoke breaks we were even discussing the potential outcomes this thing could have. Unfortunately we were too stupid to guess it was a hoax :(. Well done!

For the record I was rooting for all boxes to be empty except the last one which contained a CIB stadium events which you could sell for, reimburse everyone back with profit, plus take a big chunk out of your new-found AES craving. My mind wanders :D
Nintendoes what Nintendon't!

Tangerine Orange Key: 42915767S1
flex wood
Next-Gen

by flex wood Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:06 pm

noiseredux wrote:
dsheinem wrote:
I am located in South Superior in apartments across from Village Bowl

I just went and had a look on Google Maps and this doesn't exist as far as I can tell. If we'd been more observant the game could have been up from the start ;)

I kept expecting somebody to realize that when he was supposedly heading to the airport his town was actually buried under 2 feet of snow.

I should have realized all this myself. Bravo sirs! I was still surprised you didn't lock the thread at some point. That would have gotten everyone pretty good.

mjmjr25 wrote:There are no dangerous neighborhoods in Superior. South Superior in particular is upper-middle class. I found it so funny everyone said to bring a gun or other weapon. There just isn't that element around here.

There's been 4 homicides in Superior in the past 10 years, none random.

I'm thinking I might be going to take a vacation up there this summer. There's things to do right? If not I've still got a ton of those Luce guitar picks and a couple handfuls of them are for free beers so I guess I can just hang out there the whole time.
SpoonyBard
128-bit

by SpoonyBard Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:13 pm

If you get bored in Superior, then Duluth is a quick jaunt. It's not a bad area, i'm sure you'll have a good time.
flex wood
Next-Gen

by flex wood Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:17 pm

SpoonyBard wrote:If you get bored in Superior, then Duluth is a quick jaunt. It's not a bad area, i'm sure you'll have a good time.

face palm, I thought Superior was Duluth. I've only been up there to the boundary waters so I basically just drove through and that was when I was about 13 or so. But yea I also meant vacation to Duluth not this Superior place.
SpoonyBard
128-bit

by SpoonyBard Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:20 pm

It's basically just a bridge separating them. Duluth is the Minnesota side, Superior is the Wisconsin side.
Jmustang1968
Next-Gen

by Jmustang1968 Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:11 pm

mjmjr25 wrote:There are no dangerous neighborhoods in Superior. South Superior in particular is upper-middle class. I found it so funny everyone said to bring a gun or other weapon. There just isn't that element around here.

There's been 4 homicides in Superior in the past 10 years, none random.

For the record, my podiatrist brother in law does exist and he does have a law degree from Trinity University; granted he studies patent law.

I came very close to going to Trinity. San Antonio right?
Last edited by Jmustang1968 on Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mjmjr25

by mjmjr25 Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:24 pm

Yeah, Trinity is in San Antonio. My wife's side of the family has a bit of history there. My sister-in-law and her husband are both alums from 1999 and now my wife's younger brother is going to Medical School there - he'll be done with his 6th year this year.

Superior / Duluth - yeah, a sister-city thing going on. Superior doesn't have much to do other than a busy nightlife section, it's lower-middle class mostly, but no gangs or other such nonsense. Duluth is a bit more upper-middle class, 3x as many people, so there is some crime, but just not like many parts of the country. It's pretty localized and specific.

There is tons to do just from the natural geography of the area. Lots of state parks and of course the North Shore (which is actually the south shore of Lake Superior). Some other attractions like an Aquarium and the Canal Park, which is a touristy area to watch the ships come into port.
flex wood
Next-Gen

by flex wood Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:08 pm

This is now a lake superior vacation guide thread.

I was actually supposed to rent a manual transmission car with a friend and drive up there so we could both learn how to drive a stick. I should see if he still wants to do that. Hopefully it starts to warm up here in the next couple of weeks I'm getting sick of this town and cabin fever is starting to set in.

If you want to meet up I'll buy you lunch Mike.
aaron
Next-Gen

by aaron Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:11 pm

Luke wrote:I'm surprised no one else knew this was all bullshit. The podiatrist and barb wire tattoo comments made it obvious.

yeah that was about when i stopped giving a fuck. it stopped being believable.
Steam / PSN / Twitter: aaronjohnmiller
jinx
Next-Gen

by jinx Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:31 am

aaron wrote:
Luke wrote:I'm surprised no one else knew this was all bullshit. The podiatrist and barb wire tattoo comments made it obvious.

yeah that was about when i stopped giving a fuck. it stopped being believable.

Figured it was a joke when I made my post, but was almost convinced at this part too.
Has been a pleasure reading this while stuck at work. Great work guys. :lol:
Return to Game Deals