Post deals, brag about finds, etc.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Re: Potentialy Huge and maybe stupid purchase incoming!

by noiseredux Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:37 pm

Mike, I want my $1,000 back. :|

EDIT: :lol:
mjmjr25

by mjmjr25 Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:41 pm

noiseredux wrote:Mike, I want my $1,000 back. :|

Gave it to my podiatrist for his advice.
dedalusdedalus
Next-Gen

by dedalusdedalus Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:43 pm

Amazing how much coordination went into this. Good show. :lol:
mjmjr25

by mjmjr25 Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:44 pm

It's been like a second job.
dedalusdedalus
Next-Gen

by dedalusdedalus Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:48 pm

Sorry to hear about that Neo Geo lot you bid on. I hope you get the entire amount back, but as you already know PayPal is always heavily on the side of the buyer, so I doubt you'll need any luck to get it back.

FYI, I've seen the exact same lot pop up for auction on ebay several times. The auction title is the same every time. It's definitely not a case of a seller realizing the value of the lot last minute, and then backing out.
mjmjr25

by mjmjr25 Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:52 pm

dedalusdedalus wrote:
FYI, I've seen the exact same lot pop up for auction on ebay several times. The auction title is the same every time. It's definitely not a case of a seller realizing the value of the lot last minute, and then backing out.

Oh, geez, for real? So the account really was hacked! The account holder hasn't been helpful at all (account has been restored, selling photos of nuns again, but ignoring most of my messages).
dedalusdedalus
Next-Gen

by dedalusdedalus Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:54 pm

mjmjr25 wrote:
dedalusdedalus wrote:

Oh, geez, for real? So the account really was hacked! The account holder hasn't been helpful at all (account has been restored, selling photos of nuns again, but ignoring most of my messages).

Yeah, I don't get it...how does the hacker expect to make any money when everyone just recovers through a PayPal claim?
mjmjr25

by mjmjr25 Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:57 pm

dedalusdedalus wrote:
mjmjr25 wrote:
dedalusdedalus wrote:

Yeah, I don't get it...how does the hacker expect to make any money when everyone just recovers through a PayPal claim?

I imagine some folks might drag their feet, hoping and praying it's real, so not filing a claim? I mean, ebay actually closed it because of high value, told me to contact paypal, spent 2 hours on the phone last night and still am not refunded, so I mean, there's a chance of getting away with it. If nothing else, a loan.
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

by o.pwuaioc Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:57 pm

mjmjr25 wrote:I've been so upset about losing out on that lot, I ended up buying about 1/3 of it on neo forums anyways, should be here soon.

:shock: :lol:
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

by prfsnl_gmr Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:30 am

:lol:

Well played, sir, well played.
Return to Game Deals