Post deals, brag about finds, etc.
deathclaw
64-bit

Re: Found NES cartridge

by deathclaw Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:51 am

smalfri2 wrote:Hi, So I stole this NES cartridge about a year ago at E3 2011. It was at the Nintendo press conference on the floor (like it was hidden under a seat or something).

fixed
I've got no signature.
Breetai
Next-Gen

by Breetai Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:55 am

deathclaw wrote:
smalfri2 wrote:Hi, So I stole this NES cartridge about a year ago at E3 2011. It was at the Nintendo press conference on the floor (like it was hidden under a seat or something).

fixed

Haha.

Hey, don't stole and troll rhyme? Just a thought. :)
D.D.D.
Next-Gen

by D.D.D. Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:57 am

Doesn't the cart look like the gray Zelda cart; the back label is gold, right?
 (FC, AVFC, NES, SFC x2, SNES, N64, GC x2, Wii x2)*(G&W x7, GB, GBpocket, GBASP, DS-L x2)
(GEN, SS x3, DC x3)*(PCE-Duo)*(Xbox:500GB)*(NGCDZ, NGPC)*(PS1, PStwo, PS3:160GB, PSP.3K)
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

by CRTGAMER Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:03 pm

smalfri2 wrote:Here is the back of it, and also what it looks like on the TV. I'll need a 3.8mm tool to open it.

Is there a PCB inside, a connector showing? Does the NES power light flash? Don't really care how you aquired it, curious about the cart which seems to be an original NES game with the new label. When you get a socket, please pop it open and post a pic.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

RoosterSamurai
8-bit

by RoosterSamurai Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:23 pm

D.D.D. wrote:Doesn't the cart look like the gray Zelda cart; the back label is gold, right?

Could be a dragon warrior cart, too.
Ziggy587
Next-Gen

by Ziggy587 Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:38 pm

RoosterSamurai wrote:
D.D.D. wrote:Doesn't the cart look like the gray Zelda cart; the back label is gold, right?

Could be a dragon warrior cart, too.

Or Kirby's Adventure... or any other NES cart that has a battery.

The front label is nothing authentic, it's definitely something somebody made. Since this cart was found (acquired?) at a convention, it's possible that it could be some kind of homebrew game that some one made and put on a cart. It's not at all unheard of to take a NES cart and use it as a "donor" for some other game (unreleased, fan translated, homebrew, whatever).

Google: NES repros

It's also possible that it's an intact game, and some one just put that label on there for whatever reason. A mock up or something. Or maybe just for an LOL.

I agree with CRT, opening the cart up so we can take a look at the PCB would tell a lot. But I'm assuming Smalfri doesn't have the appropriate security bit, otherwise he would have opened it already. Of course, actually getting the cart to boot on a NES would also tell a lot.

TL;DR : It's either some sort of homebrew that some one put on a NES cart, or it's just a homemade label stuck on an intact NES cart (for display purposes or whatever). Either way, it's probably nothing too interesting.

My Sale Thread - I am selling around three quarters of my video game collection as well as some other odds and ends!
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

by Hobie-wan Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:29 pm

The OP was brand new and hasn't been here since the 5th, so I doubt we're going to learn more here.
joseteer

by joseteer Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:36 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Jajajajajaajajajaja. Stole!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have another Nintendo Connect NES cartridge. I'm from Spain and I found this under the seat, in the L.A. Nokia Convention Center, before the Nintendo's press conference E3 2011.

After the press conference, I talk with Nintendo members and they are told that this cartridge is a gift. An Easter Egg of the press conference.

The cartridge has a code... F-10

la foto(1).JPG
la foto(1).JPG (354.03 KiB) Viewed 702 times

la-foto-3.jpg
la-foto-3.jpg (277.33 KiB) Viewed 702 times

la-foto-2.jpg
la-foto-2.jpg (375.88 KiB) Viewed 702 times
Gooseberrysoda
128-bit

by Gooseberrysoda Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:54 am

It's pretty clear to me that the cartridge is haunted, killed its original owner, and now, 2 years later, we're getting a spanish sequel.
Sega Genesis (Model 2), Sega CD, Sega 32X, SNES, Nintendo 64, Gamecube, Game Boy, Game Boy Advance, Phillips CDi model 910, NES, Atari 5200, Virtual Boy, Atari Jaguar, 3DO, Playstations 2 and 3
I want your lame NES games: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=45465
Ziggy587
Next-Gen

by Ziggy587 Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:05 am

Unlike the first one, this one can be opened with a small flat head screwdriver. I'd love to see pics of the inside of it!

My Sale Thread - I am selling around three quarters of my video game collection as well as some other odds and ends!
Return to Game Deals