Post deals, brag about finds, etc.
smalfri2

Found NES cartridge

by smalfri2 Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:28 pm

Hi, So I found this NES cartridge about a year ago at E3 2011. It was at the Nintendo press conference on the floor (like it was hidden under a seat or something). Is this anything? I put it in my NES (which doesn't work too well) and it brings up a blue screen with noises, most NES cartridge I know that are defective don't make sound. I'm gonna try and get another NES system to try it on soon. But if someone may know that would help.

DinnerX
Next-Gen

Re: Found NES cartridge

by DinnerX Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:37 pm

Google reverse image search doesn't bring up a thing.

That looks like an old cartridge with a new label on it to me.
Since this signature affects old posts, I'm leaving a message here in case anyone searches for my username. This account died in early 2013. I am no longer a fundamentalist.

Don't add to my problems by pretending my past views are still held in the present. I do not have any patience for that. Feel free to ask me what I think now.
smalfri2

by smalfri2 Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:42 pm

I just thought it was weird for it to be at E3, but if its nothing oh well.
DinnerX
Next-Gen

by DinnerX Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:45 pm

smalfri2 wrote:I just thought it was weird for it to be at E3, but if its nothing oh well.
Pics of the back of the cart and pics of the cartridge running might help.
Since this signature affects old posts, I'm leaving a message here in case anyone searches for my username. This account died in early 2013. I am no longer a fundamentalist.

Don't add to my problems by pretending my past views are still held in the present. I do not have any patience for that. Feel free to ask me what I think now.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

by CRTGAMER Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:03 pm

DinnerX wrote:Google reverse image search doesn't bring up a thing.

That looks like an old cartridge with a new label on it to me.

Agree, look at the dirty finger tab and the shiny label. A promo souvenir, a regular game cart with the E3 label? Can you pop the cart apart too, see whats inside? While you have it apart clean the contacts with a pencil eraser, then try running it. A follow up review with pics please.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

by SamuraiMegas Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:20 pm

Whatever it is it's dang cool. I wonder whats inside...
Could it just be a fake someone left on the ground?
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
This account isn't used much anymore. You can find me on reddit and steam @ SamuraiMegas as well.
smalfri2

by smalfri2 Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:31 pm

Here is the back of it, and also what it looks like on the TV. I'll need a 3.8mm tool to open it.

rlrunyon
16-bit

by rlrunyon Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:19 pm

Maybe a fan made cartridge from someone at Nintendo Connect's website. Their logo could've been different then. The new one is made after the Wii U. That old one shares resemblance of the Nintendo DS logo. Though their archive only dates back to February this year. Maybe an old Nintendo blog or fansite?

http://nintendoconnect.com/
storino03
64-bit

by storino03 Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:14 am

Definitely not NES-era old. It looks too new.
Game Grabs/Pickup videos: Youtube
Amazon Gift Cards
eSPy
64-bit

by eSPy Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:43 am

the label on the back looks genuine..i think its just a new sticker slapped on the front. Any sign of an original sticker underneath?
Atari 2600 Jr., NES, Gameboy, Genesis 1 and 2, Saturn, Virtual Boy, Gameboy Advance (with Supercard SD), Playstation (With Goldfinger), Nintendo 64, Playstation 2(modded), Nintendo DS (Fat) with Edge
Return to Game Deals