Post deals, brag about finds, etc.
Opa Opa

Re: Harvest Moon swag & discussion thread.

by Opa Opa Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:24 am

Did anyone try out A New Beginning? After getting burned on Two Towns (seriously, don't waste your time with that one) I'm hesitant to try any new titles. Is ANB worth a look?
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

by ZeroAX Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:32 am

Opa Opa wrote:Did anyone try out A New Beginning? After getting burned on Two Towns (seriously, don't waste your time with that one) I'm hesitant to try any new titles. Is ANB worth a look?

From what I've heard it's very good. Good enough for me to pre-order it at least. When I have it in about 10 days I will let you know what I think :)
BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.
Opa Opa

by Opa Opa Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:21 pm

ZeroAX wrote:From what I've heard it's very good. Good enough for me to pre-order it at least. When I have it in about 10 days I will let you know what I think :)

Cool.

It's kind of strange you guys in Europe are just now getting this. I could have sworn it was already out everywhere.
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

by ZeroAX Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:16 pm

Opa Opa wrote:
ZeroAX wrote:From what I've heard it's very good. Good enough for me to pre-order it at least. When I have it in about 10 days I will let you know what I think :)

Cool.

It's kind of strange you guys in Europe are just now getting this. I could have sworn it was already out everywhere.

hahahaha....this is nowhere near as bad as it used to be. Check the wikipedia entry of Animal Crossing on the gamecube for release dates around the world :P
BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

by ZeroAX Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:23 am

Opa Opa wrote:

Cool.

They canceled my preorder at zavvi cause they didn't get any copies from the distributor :S

I ended up buying the game on the eshop even though I hate getting games I can get as physical releases (for the same price this time, but usually I can find them for cheaper) in digital form.

Anyway the game is really good. It starts slow, as in you have just the basics available to you when the game starts. Only 3 villagers to befriend and you can only farm and cook. But slowly the game starts to build up, more people move into town, you unlock animals, upgrades ect.

On the one hand it's a big departure from previous game in the series where you could front load your schedule and build a big farm really early in the game, but I think I like this approach more.

You can take your time to learn the ins and outs of the game, and I don't feel the need to turn to faqs to help me out cause I can take my time to explore the game. Plus this way the middle/end game will be really interesting, unlike Friends of Mineral Town where I had the Buddums' (harvest sprites) slave labour to do all the work for me.

I just hope the potential bachelorettes move into town soon :P
Opa Opa

by Opa Opa Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:11 pm

Well I'm trying to play A Wonderful Life again... I read up on the dairy production; the developers actually made it incredibly accurate. They could cut the cattle portion out of the game and market it separately as Dairy Simulator 2014.
aaron
Next-Gen

by aaron Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:35 am

which gamecube game is the best and why? i'm pretty clueless about HM as a whole but i'd like to at least have one representative of the series in my GCN collection.
Steam / PSN / Twitter: aaronjohnmiller
Opa Opa

by Opa Opa Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:18 am

Magical Melody is the best representative of the series on the GC. The focus is on farming, buying new fields, raising animals, and all that jazz.
Opa Opa

by Opa Opa Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:39 pm

The Lost Valley pre-order is up on gamestop. $30; comes with a dog plush bonus.

Natsume has not yet revealed their site-exclusive CE.
zombi
8-bit

by zombi Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:21 pm

Picked this up today:

Return to Game Deals