Post deals, brag about finds, etc.
Opa Opa
 

Re: Harvest Moon swag & discussion thread.

by Opa Opa Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:59 pm

Forlorn Drifter wrote:^ If you pre order from anywhere you get the Yak, but if you preorder from Natsume, you get the yak and the cow. Seems cool.

I'd pre order... if I had a 3DS and at least a slight confirmation that this game isn't Animal Crossing with a farm tacked on.

No, the special edition comes with the cow only.

We're announcing a special anniversary edition which will include a 12" cow plushie. This version will be available exclusively via the Natsume Online Store. Pre-Orders will begin September 24th and you will ONLY be able to pre-purchase this package before the game's official launch:

November 6th, 2012

Non-Anniversary pre-orders will still include the Yak plushie as previously revealed. Pre-orders for the "yak edition" will also begin on the Online Store Sept 24th.
Game + yak pre-order will be 39.99 USD
Game + anniversary cow premium pre-order will be 49.99 USD


http://www.natsume.com/community/showthread.php?t=2400
User avatar
Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 5112
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:02 pm
Location: Central Texas

Re: Harvest Moon swag & discussion thread.

by Forlorn Drifter Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:14 pm

:cry: Doesn't matter, I can buy it on eBay later...
ninjainspandex wrote:Maybe I'm just a pervert

PSN: Green-Whiskey
Owned Consoles: GameCube, N64, PS3, PS4, GBASP
User avatar
CFFJR
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 4418
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:51 am
Location: Denver, CO

Re: Harvest Moon swag & discussion thread.

by CFFJR Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:04 pm

I'm not sure which one I want.

I like the yak better really, but the cow is big.

Too bad you can't get both, but like drifter said, there's always ebay.
GameSack wrote:That's right, only Sega had the skill to make a proper Nintendo game.
Opa Opa
 

Re: Harvest Moon swag & discussion thread.

by Opa Opa Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:32 am

Pre-orders begin tomorrow for the new 3DS game.

I really don't know if I'll pre-order this one. After being burned on Two Towns I'm probably going to wait for a price drop; heck, I may not get it at all.
User avatar
ZeroAX
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 7471
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:20 am
Location: Current: Amsterdam. From Greece

Re: Harvest Moon swag & discussion thread.

by ZeroAX Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:24 pm

I see you guys were discussing the Harvest Moon games but no one mentioned Animal Parade. It was the first console Harvest Moon game I liked since Back to Nature (and yes I had Magical Melody too and I did not like it). The art style is good, the characters are likable, there are festivals, lots of stuff to buy, build and raise, lots of main story and side objectives and in general a lot of great content.

If there's one thing I hated about that game it was the load times. Seriously it makes every day last much longer than it should. That and I guess the long walks you have to take to get to places, but once you get a horse that's kind of solved.
Image
BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.
Opa Opa
 

Re: Harvest Moon swag & discussion thread.

by Opa Opa Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:53 pm

ZeroAX wrote:I see you guys were discussing the Harvest Moon games but no one mentioned Animal Parade. It was the first console Harvest Moon game I liked since Back to Nature (and yes I had Magical Melody too and I did not like it). The art style is good, the characters are likable, there are festivals, lots of stuff to buy, build and raise, lots of main story and side objectives and in general a lot of great content.

If there's one thing I hated about that game it was the load times. Seriously it makes every day last much longer than it should. That and I guess the long walks you have to take to get to places, but once you get a horse that's kind of solved.

To be honest, I've never seen a copy of Animal Parade before; much less played it.

I may look it up sometime.
User avatar
ZeroAX
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 7471
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:20 am
Location: Current: Amsterdam. From Greece

Re: Harvest Moon swag & discussion thread.

by ZeroAX Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:03 pm

Opa Opa wrote:To be honest, I've never seen a copy of Animal Parade before; much less played it.

I may look it up sometime.


It's the first game in the series in years that manages to both capture that original harvest moon charm. After around 5 disappointing Harvest Moon games (that I played) in a row (with a break of Friends of Mineral Town I guess, but that's Back To Nature on GBA so it doesn't really count), I wasn't willing to give the series another chance (or money), but I am glad I bought this game afterall when I found it on sale. It's really worth it.

Plus....you can ride your cows in this game :D. (unfortunately, no matter how hard I tried I wasn't able to use my chickens for animal propelled flight)
Image
BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.
Opa Opa
 

Re: Harvest Moon swag & discussion thread.

by Opa Opa Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:58 am

Image

I don't think a yak would be all that cuddly...

The reason why I'm linking this banner is that the pre-order date ends October 24th. So there's no real rush to pre-order. I've got some more time to stew over the new title and decide if it's worth buying for full price or not.

ZeroAX wrote:It's the first game in the series in years that manages to both capture that original harvest moon charm.

That's how I'd describe Magical Melody.

ZeroAX wrote:(unfortunately, no matter how hard I tried I wasn't able to use my chickens for animal propelled flight)

It worked in OoT; I don't see why it wouldn't work in Harvest Moon. :P
User avatar
ZeroAX
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 7471
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:20 am
Location: Current: Amsterdam. From Greece

Re: Harvest Moon swag & discussion thread.

by ZeroAX Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:33 am

Opa Opa wrote:
ZeroAX wrote:It's the first game in the series in years that manages to both capture that original harvest moon charm.

That's how I'd describe Magical Melody.


I meant to say to both capture the original Harvest Moon charm AND advance the series, but I forgot the second point :lol: . That's what you get for being too lazy to proof read your messages.

Basically, it gives you TONS of stuff to do, tons of farming, but also "quests". So for example to get the bigger back packs you don't have to buy them, you must befriend the town tailor and then she will give you a quest to gather the necessary materials. Among those materials is wool, so you need to buy a sheep. But not just any wool, it must be good quality, so you have to take care of it till it gives you higher quality wool.

To unlock more seeds you have to do main story quests and befriend the farmers who sell you seeds, same with animal caretakers ect. ect.

It makes everything feel so much more....useful. I mean I LOVED Back to Nature, but there wasn't really any reason to befriend people for the most part. Yeah you unlocked some cut scenes with them, but that's it.


I guess Magic Melody didn't give me the same impression. I also didn't like how the houses were spread far away from each other (here the town is basically split into 3 neighborhoods so even though you have a lot of traveling to do, the place still feels "alive").

Anyway, perhaps I wasn't fair to MM, I'm not sure, but if I didn't really like that game, and I really liked this one, perhaps it's really worth checking out, no?
Image
BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.
User avatar
Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 5112
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:02 pm
Location: Central Texas

Re: Harvest Moon swag & discussion thread.

by Forlorn Drifter Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:59 pm

I can't stand the art style of Animal Parade, personally.

Also, when I played, it felt kinda wonky. Don't know if I just wasn't used to the controls or what. I didn't play long, but from what I could tell, it was another one that was heavily pushing the social interaction. If I want that, I'll go outside, thank you very little.
ninjainspandex wrote:Maybe I'm just a pervert

PSN: Green-Whiskey
Owned Consoles: GameCube, N64, PS3, PS4, GBASP
Return to Game Deals

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests