Post deals, brag about finds, etc.
aaron
Next-Gen

Re: Harvest Moon swag & discussion thread.

by aaron Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:22 pm

i just recently got my girlfriend into harvest moon: save the homeland, but she's pretty bored with the story portions. she just wants to farm, for the most part. are there any good HM games that concentrate more on the farming aspects than the story? i'm not really familiar with the series...
Steam / PSN / Twitter: aaronjohnmiller
CFFJR
Next-Gen

by CFFJR Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:31 pm

Save the Homeland is a really story heavy title as well since its all about restoring the valley above all else. Hell, farming is pretty much optional in that one, so I can see the problem if she's not interested.

You might try the game boy color games. They're pretty much strictly farming. You also can never go wrong with the snes original, Back to Nature on PS1, and HM64. The two on the DS (DS and DS Cute) are workhorses with tons to do and no strict requirement for story.
GameSack wrote:That's right, only Sega had the skill to make a proper Nintendo game.
aaron
Next-Gen

by aaron Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:18 pm

CFFJR wrote:Save the Homeland is a really story heavy title as well since its all about restoring the valley above all else. Hell, farming is pretty much optional in that one, so I can see the problem if she's not interested.

You might try the game boy color games. They're pretty much strictly farming. You also can never go wrong with the snes original, Back to Nature on PS1, and HM64. The two on the DS (DS and DS Cute) are workhorses with tons to do and no strict requirement for story.

thanks for the recommendations! she just got a 3DS so i will likely pick up HMDS for her.
Opa Opa

by Opa Opa Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:13 pm

Keep in mind that HM DS Cute is the girl version. In HM DS you'll be playing as a guy; I don't know if that would bother her but she has the gender option available should she prefer to play as a female character.
aaron
Next-Gen

by aaron Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:37 pm

Opa Opa wrote:Keep in mind that HM DS Cute is the girl version. In HM DS you'll be playing as a guy; I don't know if that would bother her but she has the gender option available should she prefer to play as a female character.

are the games essentially the same? sort of like the boy and girl versions of Back to Nature?
Opa Opa

by Opa Opa Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:55 pm

aaron wrote:are the games essentially the same? sort of like the boy and girl versions of Back to Nature?

I think all boy/girl counterparts are usually the same; with the exception of the swapped gender roles, of course.

And IIRC, the girl version of BtN ends when you get married. (There's got to be some underlying message there.. :lol: )
aaron
Next-Gen

by aaron Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:33 pm

Opa Opa wrote:
aaron wrote:are the games essentially the same? sort of like the boy and girl versions of Back to Nature?

I think all boy/girl counterparts are usually the same; with the exception of the swapped gender roles, of course.

And IIRC, the girl version of BtN ends when you get married. (There's got to be some underlying message there.. :lol: )

yikes! probably best to go with the boy version then :)
CFFJR
Next-Gen

by CFFJR Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:10 pm

aaron wrote:
Opa Opa wrote:

yikes! probably best to go with the boy version then :)

Its been a while I know, but I thought I should specify that its only the girl version of Back to Nature (as Opa said) that ends when you get married.

The other girl versions of the games, such as DS Cute, will allow you to continue after marriage, with a time skip to accommodate the birth of the kid. :)
GameSack wrote:That's right, only Sega had the skill to make a proper Nintendo game.
Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen

by Forlorn Drifter Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:54 pm

^ If you pre order from anywhere you get the Yak, but if you preorder from Natsume, you get the yak and the cow. Seems cool.

I'd pre order... if I had a 3DS and at least a slight confirmation that this game isn't Animal Crossing with a farm tacked on.
ninjainspandex wrote:Maybe I'm just a pervert

PSN: Green-Whiskey
Owned Consoles: GameCube, N64, PS3, PS4, GBASP
Return to Game Deals