Post deals, brag about finds, etc.
User avatar
flex wood
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 2701
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:53 pm
Location: Minneapolis

Re: The ongoing "AWESOME INDIE BUNDLE!" thread

by flex wood Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:58 pm

wclem wrote:
flex wood wrote:So I just picked up the sega bundle from the weekly sale and each game doesn't have an unlock key just unlock keys for each tier. Is that normal for the sale stuff? I was really hopping I'd be able to gift a few of the games because I know that I'll never play the total war games.


To my understanding they did that because people were piecing them out and selling for profit.

Really? I wasn't sure if this is something that is exclusive to the weekly sale or what but if this is going to be a regular thing I might have to be much more prudent with my purchases from humble then. I like being able to give away the games I know I'll never play. It just feels nice to give those away you know? And what is going to happen when they have a bundle where I already have games from it?
wclem
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 2583
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:50 pm

Re: The ongoing "AWESOME INDIE BUNDLE!" thread

by wclem Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:01 pm

flex wood wrote:
wclem wrote:
flex wood wrote:So I just picked up the sega bundle from the weekly sale and each game doesn't have an unlock key just unlock keys for each tier. Is that normal for the sale stuff? I was really hopping I'd be able to gift a few of the games because I know that I'll never play the total war games.


To my understanding they did that because people were piecing them out and selling for profit.

Really? I wasn't sure if this is something that is exclusive to the weekly sale or what but if this is going to be a regular thing I might have to be much more prudent with my purchases from humble then. I like being able to give away the games I know I'll never play. It just feels nice to give those away you know? And what is going to happen when they have a bundle where I already have games from it?


I like giving them out too, thus the other thread I started. To the best of my knowledge this is the general rule now. You may want to look to others for confirmation though.
dsheinem wrote:In any case, sorry that my avatar makes you cringe these days, but I haven't really changed my posing habits at all.
User avatar
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 6770
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:16 pm
Location: Farmington Hills, MI

Re: The ongoing "AWESOME INDIE BUNDLE!" thread

by BogusMeatFactory Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:51 pm

wclem wrote:
I like giving them out too, thus the other thread I started. To the best of my knowledge this is the general rule now. You may want to look to others for confirmation though.


Although I did not purchase the most recent weekly sale, what I have gathered is that the new gifting system works as follows. On the right side of each title, there should be a gift icon. It looks small and not much like a gift, but when you click that it should allow you to gift it to specific people.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
User avatar
flex wood
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 2701
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:53 pm
Location: Minneapolis

Re: The ongoing "AWESOME INDIE BUNDLE!" thread

by flex wood Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:01 pm

BogusMeatFactory wrote:
wclem wrote:
I like giving them out too, thus the other thread I started. To the best of my knowledge this is the general rule now. You may want to look to others for confirmation though.


Although I did not purchase the most recent weekly sale, what I have gathered is that the new gifting system works as follows. On the right side of each title, there should be a gift icon. It looks small and not much like a gift, but when you click that it should allow you to gift it to specific people.

This is true but the latest sale bundle doesn't list each game separately it lists each tier with all of the tiers games. I would have only been able to gift an entire tier not an individual game. I don't think I've ever purchased a weekly sale so I wasn't sure if that how it normally works for the weekly stuff, if this is for just this one or if this is how they are going to do it from now on for everything.
User avatar
Cronozilla
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 2610
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:15 pm
Location: Oregon, USA.

Re: The ongoing "AWESOME INDIE BUNDLE!" thread

by Cronozilla Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:26 pm

It doesn't gift it to specific people when you press the gift button. It creates a redemption link which you then give to the person. They have to fill it out then it is unlocked in their account. (It may give them a key, I'm not sure, I've only given them out, I haven't received any)

I imagine the games are bundled or not bundled based on how the publisher gave the keys.

Sega might have done it because, technically, it'd be like 19 keys or something. The Genesis games included are not 100% reflected in any of the Genesis packs on Steam. There's two or three that mixed around between sets.
User avatar
fastbilly1
Site Admin
 
Posts: 13646
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:08 pm

Re: The ongoing "AWESOME INDIE BUNDLE!" thread

by fastbilly1 Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:19 am

Cronozilla wrote:I imagine the games are bundled or not bundled based on how the publisher gave the keys.

That is my understanding aswell.

Cronozilla wrote:Sega might have done it because, technically, it'd be like 19 keys or something. The Genesis games included are not 100% reflected in any of the Genesis packs on Steam. There's two or three that mixed around between sets.

Yeah, but that sweet sweet Golden Axe 1-3 is worth the price of the whole bundle.
User avatar
fastbilly1
Site Admin
 
Posts: 13646
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:08 pm

Re: The ongoing "AWESOME INDIE BUNDLE!" thread

by fastbilly1 Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:01 pm

New Humble Bundle is ebooks. I highly recommend Jumper by Steven Gould
User avatar
TSTR
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 5656
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:55 am
Location: Durham, NC

Re: The ongoing "AWESOME INDIE BUNDLE!" thread

by TSTR Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:49 pm

From my past experiences, the Bundle is usually separate keys, while the Weekly Sale is a group key.
User avatar
Fragems
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 5430
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:01 am
Location: Proctorville, OH

Re: The ongoing "AWESOME INDIE BUNDLE!" thread

by Fragems Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:43 pm

The Debut 15 Bundle is at $3.80 and rising. 7 interesting games that are up on steams greenlight right now the two most interesting in my opinion are Toy Wars Invasion and Crystal Story II(Also includes the first game according to description). Rock Zombie also looks like it has the potential to be a decent beatem up

http://www.indieroyale.com/
User avatar
s1mplehumar
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 5138
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 2:26 pm
Location: Ragol (FORREST 1)

Re: The ongoing "AWESOME INDIE BUNDLE!" thread

by s1mplehumar Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:37 am

It's getting harder for me to find new games in these indie bundles. My library is too big. I've gifted literally dozens of duplicate games to friends and family.
Nintendo ID, PSN, XBL: Eronnicus * Steam ID: s1mplehumar * Switch Friend Code: SW-3270-7921-5525
Return to Game Deals

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests