Post deals, brag about finds, etc.
pvt_awol
64-bit

Re: The awesome deals (and free stuff) on PSN thread.

by pvt_awol Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:08 pm

Dang, I'm gonna have to spend some money when I get home tonight I guess. I've been so busy with Skyrim that I haven't turned on the old PS3 since before Christmas.

Can anyone vouch on whether or not the "UMD Legacy" games play on the PS3? Or are they strictly PSP? I'd love to play Mega Man on my PS3. (I own the game for the PSP already, but the TV out cables suck)
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:20 pm

pvt_awol wrote:Can anyone vouch on whether or not the "UMD Legacy" games play on the PS3? Or are they strictly PSP? I'd love to play Mega Man on my PS3. (I own the game for the PSP already, but the TV out cables suck)

I'm 99% sure they are PSP-only.
pvt_awol
64-bit

by pvt_awol Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:51 pm

^

Thanks noiseredux, good lookin' out. I'd hate to spend the money, only to find out that it doesn't work. I kinda didn't think it would either, but I was hoping that someone on here would say, "It works, I bought "X" game for PSP and it plays on the PS3."

Just me hoping and dreaming though. LOL.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:55 pm

trust me, I'd love if they installed PSP emulation on our PS3's. But since they've been porting PSP games to PS3 (like GOW Origins, or MGS portable) I don't think they're in a rush to do such a thing.
ujnhunter
64-bit

by ujnhunter Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:59 pm

Is there a PSN website online like the Xbox Marketplace? Or does it only work on the PS3? :\
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:02 pm

ujnhunter wrote:Is there a PSN website online like the Xbox Marketplace? Or does it only work on the PS3? :\

if you have MediaGo installed you can access it on PC. (MediaGo is freeware that looks like iTunes a bit, but also lets you manage your PSP saves, mp3's, PSN games, etc).
dsheinem
Next-Gen

by dsheinem Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:08 pm

Anyone play Sega Rally Online Arcade? Is there good multiplayer that folks here would be interested in?
Michi
Next-Gen

by Michi Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:21 pm

Okay, finally got Capcom Classics Reloaded for my PSP. It's downloading as I type. I've already got the games on the PS2 disk, but it'll be nice to have them in a portable form. Now I just have to figure out what PS1 games I want to download :mrgreen: If you can't tell, I'm very excited with my new toy. Especially with the prospect of playing some PS1 games I've been wanting to get and being able to play them on the go.

Thanks for the heads up on the deals Noise!

And, not to derail the thread, but while I'm thinking about it, are there any imports anyone would suggest? I looked through the list and other than the Mega Man games I pretty much haven't a clue as to what anything is or if it's really good or not.
Breetai
Next-Gen

by Breetai Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:16 pm

dsheinem wrote:Anyone play Sega Rally Online Arcade? Is there good multiplayer that folks here would be interested in?

I have it and love it, but I rarely play online. If anyone is thinking of getting it, go for it. All Sega Rally games are good arcade-style fun!
retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

by retrosportsgamer Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:19 am

Breetai wrote:
dsheinem wrote:Anyone play Sega Rally Online Arcade? Is there good multiplayer that folks here would be interested in?

I have it and love it, but I rarely play online. If anyone is thinking of getting it, go for it. All Sega Rally games are good arcade-style fun!

I'd certainly play if we put something together. I like those old Sega racing games.
Return to Game Deals