Post deals, brag about finds, etc.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Re: Yes, we can have nice things!-post your non gaming finds

by Tanooki Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:09 pm

samsonlonghair wrote:
Tanooki wrote:a really amazing ($1) Beatles Live at the BBC 2 CD set which is also spotless and has 69 tracks on it which is nuts. It's from 1994, never heard of it before but it's rare to find that much on 2 discs and has a booklet in there too both at goodwill. https://en.wikipedia...(Beatles_album)

I can't follow your link. Are you talking about the Beatles Live on BBC radio 2 CD set with a green apple on the first disc and a sliced-in-half apple on the second disc? Because I have that set.

Didn't know the link was shot, but yes it's the original 1994 run of the 2CD set with the green apple and a sliced apple on the second disc. I don't know if I'd care much for the interviews as I'd rather listen to music, even if it is to experience pre-hype Beatles stuff you said may be even considered shrill. Some time I'm stuck a few hours, maybe tomorrow while working I'll toss it in my laptop or my old sony walkman plugged into my bose and give it a go.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

by fastbilly1 Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:05 pm

Epson EX-30 with 300 hours on the bulb and good boards - $10 (a new lamp is $100)
Kirby model 503 - $5
Set of 50s Black and Decker and Craftsmen powertools - $5
The other items we picked up are less interesting - like 30lbs of sewing stuff.

The projector was given a full cleaning and it was in good shape, needs a new filter.
The power tools and the vacuum are getting torn down this week to be cleaned, lubricated, and aligned - they all powered up no problem.
johnblade
32-bit

by johnblade Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:48 pm

Is been a while since I do this but I guess I would like to share something interesting. Just got this big box of the IBM PC110. I didn't open it yet and based on the seller info for this item, it wasn't open up to test so....don't know if it's working or not but it have all the necessary item in this box.

Don't have much knowledge of this unit and how to get it up and running but looking into this from website which dedicate for the IBM PC110.

If you're wondering what this IBM PC110 is, the image below will give you a good idea of this item. It's basically Palm PC but the size of this unit is crazy small based on the image you're looking at.

samsonlonghair
Next-Gen

Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

by samsonlonghair Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:14 pm

Groovy! I dig it. 8)
Tanooki
Next-Gen

by Tanooki Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:04 pm

Wow I like it, the tech specs are very close to what I had in my first desktop I picked up/built on my own after a 386sx16 a couple years or so earlier that was a christmas gift in 1990. I played some amazing stuff on those specs. That would be a fun thing to toy around with for the right price as it appears you'll need to create your own hard drive for it through CF media or a pcmcia card. And 1.44 floppies that would either be an addon device or it's on the side and I can't see that.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

by fastbilly1 Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:57 pm

PC110s are badass. I hope yours doesnt have any leaky capacitors, they are a pain to open.
johnblade
32-bit

by johnblade Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:30 am

Thx everyone for the complement for the IBM PC110. Unfortunately, I did take the item out from the box and found out they is two issue with the unit. One is I notice a lot from the IBM PC110 is this odd screen burn which I guess is coming back to the tech of the screen at the time. Mine is similar like the below when turn on but it's a bit more worse as it have this odd milky thing on the screen when turn off. I have a feeling the entire screen will need to be replace which will be tricky as part will be difficult to get.

Another issue I found with mine is rust in the battery compartment. Look like they is a leak and they is now rust inside the compartment. This might be fixable if to remove the rust but it will mean taking apart of the unit which isn't something I am consider but possible once I found some info how to do it.

All I can say with mine is it might be working but will need to connect it to a external screen if I want to get the unit working.
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

by SamuraiMegas Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:28 am

I got the SupremexAkira Arm tee today from the drop :D
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
Michi
Next-Gen

by Michi Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:54 pm

While technically gaming, they're not video gaming related, so I'll just put these here.

Found all three board games at Goodwill for about $20. There's a bit of ware on the outside of the boxes (Troopers has an obvious dent on the front), but other than that it doesn't look like they've even been used. Almost everything inside is un-punched or wrapped up.

All in all, not too shabby considering they're all between 20-30 years old.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

by Exhuminator Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:54 pm

Nice pickups on those board games. I recently purchased some for my gaming group:

5 – Minute Dungeon (co-op card based dungeon crawler)
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N4PN3ZP/

Abaddon (competitive strategic mech combat)
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006WV2JDC/

Fantasy-opoly (fantasy themed monopoly with some twists)
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01DREMV6G/

Dungeon Quest Game Revised Edition (roguelike board game)
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/161661739X/
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
Return to Game Deals