Post deals, brag about finds, etc.
Fragems
Next-Gen

Re: Yes, we can have nice things!-post your non gaming finds

by Fragems Sun May 21, 2017 4:59 pm

Going to be a while till my next computer build but I found the next case I'm going to be using at a yard sale yesterday for $7 :).

Thermaltake MozartTx (Youtube Review - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyEcdCCQnA0 )

It's about the side of a water cooler base.

It's missing the 6 bay harddrive cage but I will probably just mod a new one from spares I have laying around or pick up one to mod online.

Didn't look to close at the other PC stuff since I never buy used and he had some older motherboards there but I probably should have :P. Turns out there was a EVGA X58 still in the case which is a pretty freaking nice board that I almost want to do a build around :P.

Will definitely have to watch for that guy to have another sale.

Also picked up a Radeon HD 3450 w/ svideo out for $0.50.

fastbilly1
Site Admin

by fastbilly1 Tue May 23, 2017 6:20 pm

Nice pickup fragems.
JoeAwesome
128-bit

by JoeAwesome Wed May 24, 2017 9:48 am

Picked up a nice Samsonite card table for $16 (not my pic):

Perfect for what I needed- pop up soldering desk, supergun table, and maybe, cards. I've been looking for a nice card table for years, but wasn't looking to spend a lot on something as nice, or go with the cheap wally world offerings.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

by fastbilly1 Wed May 24, 2017 10:24 am

Joe, if you ever spill water on it wipe it up as soon as possible. My grandfather used one to hold a bucket up under a leak and ever since then the top has some solid divots.
JoeAwesome
128-bit

by JoeAwesome Wed May 24, 2017 12:57 pm

fastbilly1 wrote:Joe, if you ever spill water on it wipe it up as soon as possible. My grandfather used one to hold a bucket up under a leak and ever since then the top has some solid divots.

Noted. Maybe use a plastic sheet (or vinyl) to cover it up for recreational use?
Segata
Next-Gen

by Segata Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:02 pm

Dreamcast is love,Dreamcast is life!
Twitter Segata
Sarge
Next-Gen

by Sarge Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:11 pm

Bought a pretty nice entertainment center for $65. Combination of plywood and oak construction, in great shape. I just need to cut some holes in the back of the bottom shelf areas for running cords, that's why I didn't close the door there.

The NES/SNES/Genesis are hooked up there right now, but are probably going to move along with the TV they were hooked up to (Sony Trinitron CRT) back to the game room. I'm making room by swapping out for a smaller chair, the one that's in there is just a bit too big.

Exhuminator
Next-Gen

by Exhuminator Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:35 pm

Sweet!

I think Sherlock might have a thing or two to say about getting a smaller chair. :wink:
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
Sarge
Next-Gen

by Sarge Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:42 pm

It's okay, I think he just likes my lap, anyway. I'm convinced he's going to become permanently attached at some point. ;)

(For those that don't know, Sherlock's my cat. He's an absolute mess, in the best way.)
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

by CRTGAMER Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:45 pm

Sarge wrote:Bought a pretty nice entertainment center for $65. Combination of plywood and oak construction, in great shape. I just need to cut some holes in the back of the bottom shelf areas for running cords, that's why I didn't close the door there.

The NES/SNES/Genesis are hooked up there right now, but are probably going to move along with the TV they were hooked up to (Sony Trinitron CRT) back to the game room. I'm making room by swapping out for a smaller chair, the one that's in there is just a bit too big.

That is a nice compact wall unit; appears to be made for a 4:3 CRT. I see you have a gap above the TV. My Wega had the same gap (though not as much) in the wall unit even though mine is a 4:3 HD CRT; I added a wood shelf up there to hold a switch box, cable box and Bluray player. For your gaming wall unit could be storage for the extra controllers.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

Return to Game Deals