Post deals, brag about finds, etc.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Re: Last thing you bought (no games)

by Tanooki Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:24 pm

I was on vacation, just logged in a bit to act like I wasn't. ;)

I went into a couple of Book Off stores and came out with 7 manga.

Samurai Shodown, the 3 volume set of Mai the Psychic Girl perfect collection, and then the other 3 were books to finish up a series which were 2 from Samurai Crusader, and the 8th(last) translated volume of 3x3 Eyes.

Anything else is gaming so that's out.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Re: Yes, we can have nice things!-post your non gaming finds

by CRTGAMER Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:32 am

Fragems wrote:Also one of the older pawn shops in town that had been around for probably 40+ years went out so alot of their stuff was at Restore. Saw these steel master metal organizers and decided to pick them up for $70. Smaller ones are perfect for my genesis/32x and N64 carts while the larger ones are the perfect height for my Atari 2600 carts. The larger ones can fit about 29-30 atari carts per drawer so that would give me a capacity of around 348 carts which would give me a little breathing room since I'm at 210 Atari games. For the smaller drawers I can get about 112 carts in so I could put my loose genesis and N64 games in those and still have a little room left but I might just put my genesis carts in so I have plenty of space to expand. Will have to keep my eye out for more steel master cabinets and organizers these are pretty nice.

Hey, that is a great idea! I see the metal drawers sometimes at the swap meet.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

Tanooki
Next-Gen

by Tanooki Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:09 pm

CRTGAMER wrote:Hey, that is a great idea! I see the metal drawers sometimes at the swap meet.

It is, trust me. It's probably in this thread from last year or the year before but I found an old library antiqued 1 high 2 wide(drawer) old card catalog filer. All wood other than the handle and a metal rod along the bottom with a tab/spacer to slide back as more stuff goes in. Perfect width for anything Gameboy, GBA, and NGPC sized to put games into 2 long columns in there. One of them has all my GB/GBC stuff, the other is GBA and I have a good bit of room to spare as I think it can take around 80~ games per drawer. It looks nice, it's low key, and if no one knows better a nice surprise to dig stuff out of.
Sano
Next-Gen

by Sano Mon May 01, 2017 2:51 am

Junk food and some razors :mrgreen:
marurun

by marurun Mon May 01, 2017 10:19 am

Hi, I'd just like to share that we already have a thread for this kind of thing here:

viewtopic.php?f=47&t=27105

It's not a dead thread, either. So mosey on over that way and we'll just leave this one to die.
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Segata
Next-Gen

by Segata Sat May 06, 2017 4:21 pm

Socks for mom for Mothers Day. May sound boring to most but trust me,will mean a lot to her. Also got her some Cherry coke.
Dreamcast is love,Dreamcast is life!
Twitter Segata
Segata
Next-Gen

by Segata Mon May 15, 2017 1:31 am

Bought a friend a Frank Thomas figure for the White Sox for his birthday.
Dreamcast is love,Dreamcast is life!
Twitter Segata
marurun

by marurun Mon May 15, 2017 10:35 am

OK, I'm going to merge those two threads. No reason to have this ongoing duplication.
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

by fastbilly1 Mon May 15, 2017 7:11 pm

Kawasaki mule 2000 that had been sitting in a barn for the last 10 years. Its ugly, its beat up, it has rust on the tail gate, but it turns over. Once we clean the carburetor, get a new battery, and new tires. I will be about 1k out of pocket for a new farm vehicle that will be friggin awesome.
Ziggy587
Next-Gen

by Ziggy587 Tue May 16, 2017 12:08 pm

fastbilly1 wrote:Ziggy, after you have had it for a while, Id like to know your opinion of that bench press. The Wen brand has been around forever, but this is Chinese made and many of their tools look very familiar:

So I am very interested. I mean I have a Black Bull floor press - but a benchtop one is far more useful in the long run, and It would be at my house not at the farm.

Hey Fast! I would recommend the Wen drill press. I've used it a few times now since I got it and it's been great. I only have a few minor complaints.

One is very minor, more of an annoyance. The laser sites work off two AAA batteries, which just seems lazy to me. The light comes on/off with the main power switch, but the laser site needs batteries. I already forgot to turn it off and killed the batteries. Now I'll just leave them dead as I don't need laser sites anyway.

You cannot lock the press in a down position. So, when using those drum sanders I have to bring the table up, which isn't so bad I guess. But I can't use it as a clamp, which I was kinda looking forward to. If I would have known you can't lock it down, I probably would have went with another drill press. Now I'll have to buy a little arbor press, I was hoping to save some money there. I was kinda baffled that you can't lock it in the down position, I thought that was a feature all drill presses had. But I looked through the manual and didn't see anything, so I guess not!

The spindle arms leave a little to be desired. I just wish they were a little meatier, if you know what I mean. A tad longer wouldn't be bad either. I would suggest putting a little thread lock on them, they seem to come loose often (even when I use a wrench to tighten them).

So in short... Real men don't use laser sites, but it just seems cheap to have them powered by batteries. If you're not looking to lock the press down for a specific need, then I wouldn't worry about it. The spindle arms are on the small side, but are functional. All in all, I've had no problems drilling holes with this thing. I've drilled quite a few holes in wood and metal now, and I love it!

My Sale Thread - PRICES REDUCED! I am selling around three quarters of my video game collection as well as some other odds and ends!

I want to buy Universal Game Cases, if you have any spares please PM me! I'm looking to only deal with members that have good BST feedback on this forum.
Return to Game Deals