Post deals, brag about finds, etc.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Re: Yes, we can have nice things!-post your non gaming finds

by Tanooki Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:18 pm

Actually I would have gone berzerk had that been my goodwill. And enough of those are Gunpla style Gundam from overseas which B&N and some other sellers sell on niche standups. I have one I found used at a store in town awhile ago missing the little back beam sabers and pop gun, just has a shield.

Those toys retail for quite a bit of money new or used. What you paid alone for just the lot wouldn't cover 1/2 the price of one Gunpla model used.

I'm a big fan of the original Gundam franchise but also thanks to Toonami in the day, Gundam Wing too (and 0079 due to the Dreamcast title.) If you intend to sell off some of them and they're from those (especially the original which that dome headed red one is from) I'd be interested. :)

I probably could help figure out how to stick those with their right gear. It would be slick if you had my missing back (they're thin) beam sabers and the rifle I lack. The one I have is the original RX model Gundam from the start of the franchise.

They're interesting to me, but new at B&N at least I think they were asking $40 or $50 a pop on them sealed in the box, not sure by the model how much they lose value being used and missing or not parts.

Not sure how much of a start for help it may be but try the Bandai US site: https://www.usagundamstore.com/

The site sucks, type 'gunpla' in the search box and see what flies. Seems B&N is a ripoff(shock!) as I found my Gundam and it's part of a 2 pack for $20! Mine has the wrong shield it appears as mine is that tall blue one from YOUR picture. with the red plate but misses a small green one on that centered.
https://www.usagundamstore.com/products ... tarter-set
TSTR
Next-Gen

by TSTR Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:00 pm

That's some Goddam Gundam right there.

Thanks, I'll be here all week.
gbboy

by gbboy Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:38 pm

at a cash converters i went to the other day they where selling some stuff dirt cheap as they where faulty but because they where cheap i bought the lot all prices are new zealand dollars

sony ebook reader $4 (will not turn on) turns out it turns on fine just have to hold down the power button

camera $2 (broken will not turn on and screen is scratched) got it because it had a 4gb sd card in it and the camera does work

Sony Cybershot Camera $5 (does not come with rechargeable battery so selling as is) the camera came with everything in the box and camera came in camera bag and looks brand new like it was never used and camera takes 2xAA and it works fine

Led projector $5 (for part or repair need new bulb as picture is very dark) looking like the projector was only used once to test it but it works fine is a little dark but that's how this projector is meant to look

also a couple of months back i got 2 laptops
$5 Toshiba i3 8gb ram 320gb hdd found out the problem was the keyboard most keys would not work replaced the keyboard for like $9 now it works great

$3 dell core 2 duo laptop 2gb ram was dirty and hdd had problems but replaced the hdd with a 120gb i had and its working great :)
Fragems
Next-Gen

by Fragems Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:31 pm

Picked up a sleeping bag on clearence the other day for $7 and went back to check for more while I was game hunting today. Sadly there weren't any left like the one I picked up yesterday but on a whim I scanned a few different bags and sure enough most of the Ozark Trail bags were $7 including the $30 "mummy" bags. So I picked up the last two of those they had as well as a "deluxe" cool weather bag for camping with the family in the summer.

Although that could have been a pricing error at my store since all the other walmarts in the area have it for $20-25.

Cold Weather Mummy Bag

http://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory- ... u=49937668

Deluxe Cool Weather Bag

http://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory- ... u=34109033
flojocabron
Next-Gen

by flojocabron Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:47 pm

I bought this today at the flea market for a dollar!

2600 and jr,5200,nes/top loader, master system, intellivision, TG-16, genesis 1,2,3, SNES, snesJR, CDX, 3DOfz10, gamegear, gameboy and pocket, GBC, sega saturn, PSOne w/screen, Virtual Boy, N64, NGPC, Gameboy Advance sp, Dreamcast, Black Dreamcast, oXBOX, Playstation 2, PStwo, Gamecube, gameboy player, DS lite,DSi XL, PSP1000/3000,Wii,PS3 120gb,3DSXL, xbox 360, PSvita, PS4
TSTR
Next-Gen

by TSTR Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:51 am

I PITY THE FOOL
Fragems
Next-Gen

by Fragems Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:47 pm

Picked up some Halo books and a 4 way seriel port switch box for $1 each at Good Will. Also snagged a loose xbox console that worked great along with an old Portable Shortwave Radio and a Kodak Instant Film camera for $12 total(was $20 but he cut me a discount) at the Restore thrift store :). Kodak Instant Film camera is pretty basic so it seems to function okay can't get film for it anymore sadly though so it's a shelf piece :( . Surprisingly the shortwave radio seems to work perfectly although it's missing one of it's antennas and is pretty dirty it has settings for shortwave, FM, AM, Police, Air, and Marine bands so I'll have a little fun with that. Speakers have a nice sound to them as well so I can always use it as a back up if I just want to listen to some plain old FM. It's a "Rich's International", but I can't seem to find much info on it since if there was a model number on the cover it's rubbed off :P.

Also one of the older pawn shops in town that had been around for probably 40+ years went out so alot of their stuff was at Restore. Saw these steel master metal organizers and decided to pick them up for $70. Smaller ones are perfect for my genesis/32x and N64 carts while the larger ones are the perfect height for my Atari 2600 carts. The larger ones can fit about 29-30 atari carts per drawer so that would give me a capacity of around 348 carts which would give me a little breathing room since I'm at 210 Atari games. For the smaller drawers I can get about 112 carts in so I could put my loose genesis and N64 games in those and still have a little room left but I might just put my genesis carts in so I have plenty of space to expand. Will have to keep my eye out for more steel master cabinets and organizers these are pretty nice.

Tanooki
Next-Gen

by Tanooki Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:04 pm

I haven't posted in this in awhile, no pictures, but I have found some pretty cool stuff fairly recently that isn't gaming.

The most recent stuff goes from toys, to audio and more.

The other day for just a couple bucks I bought a pair of sealed up toy items, one would be Kamen Rider still in the backing from 21 years ago, another is a Tamagotchi Keeper which is also new (it's like a red duck with black feet.) The first being a mostly Japanese franchise that popped up mid90s around when Ultraman got big too. The other is a tamagotchi holder as the back opens up.

A week earlier was the real gem of gems. $26 with no remote, but for $2 on another shelf was a brand new Sony universal remote to at least test it, I found a lovely white colored BOSE Wave Radio II! I was able to power it at the store, the remote confirmed it worked to receive(score!.) I found you can buy the remotes for it new/like new for $10 on ebay so I ordered it. Days later it arrived, and bam! Awesomeness on some audio I never heard so good. They still sell around $140 on ebay, brand new a decade ago they were $500 radios. I rigged up my DC8 Sony Walkman (known in the top5-10 rated best CD audio players made) and have been using it for discs and radio since.

Locally I also found for $30 G1 Transformer HOUND minus 1 part (so I ordered it with a manual online still coming out ahead.) Also a Machine Robo DX Japanese toy, a black Porsche 928S in great shape for $10.

That's really all worth mentioning that was non-gaming and local.
Segata
Next-Gen

Last thing you bought (no games)

by Segata Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:07 pm

Dreamcast is love,Dreamcast is life!
Twitter Segata
strangenova
Next-Gen

Re: Last thing you bought (no games)

by strangenova Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:10 pm

Return to Game Deals