Post deals, brag about finds, etc.
Xonticus
128-bit

Re: Trade Regrets?

by Xonticus Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:32 pm

When I got my Genesis brand new as a kid, my mom sent my Atari 7800, my Sega Master System and all of my games for both systems to my cousin because he had none. He never played them. I've been slowly trying to get my original collection back together, but my biggest hurdle is 7800 stuff.

Otherwise, a friend in high school lent me Dragon Warrior VII, and told me to keep it after a month. I love that game so much.

I think I've been fairly lucky as far as picking up gems and not losing out. Except recently, I bought my fiance Dragon age for the PS3, I kid you not 3 days later her nephew's friend stole that and little big planet from her room when he was over. I had to re-buy her that fragging game. :evil:
Got: Atari 2600, Atari 7800Pro, Commodore 64, Odyssey 2, Sega Master System, NES, Genesis Models 1-3, Nomad, Game Gear, Sega CD Model 1, Sega 32x, SuperNES, GameBoys, GameBoy Pocket, GBC, Sega Saturn Model 2, GBA, Nintendo 64, Playstation, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 2 Slim, Nintendo DS Lite, Xbox 360, Gamecube, PS3 Slim
benderx
Next-Gen

by benderx Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:39 pm

Xonticus wrote:When I got my Genesis brand new as a kid, my mom sent my Atari 7800, my Sega Master System and all of my games for both systems to my cousin because he had none. He never played them. I've been slowly trying to get my original collection back together, but my biggest hurdle is 7800 stuff.

Except recently, I bought my fiance Dragon age for the PS3, I kid you not 3 days later her nephew's friend stole that and little big planet from her room when he was over. I had to re-buy her that fragging game. :evil:

Something happened to me when I got the Sega genesis I didn't want to give away Nintendo nes with a good amount of games. I also had to give away 7800 console complete and box games for it. I didn't even know I could insert the Genesis controller into atari, I think I knew but wasn't sure. I Actually wished we never gave away the nes. I should of secretly hid some good games while other were given away. My cousin actually got the NES we owned which was alright at the time. I had to re purchased all the good games that were fun. it take that long and plus the games were usually 2 bucks a piece. The bad thing about owning a genesis was that I only had 4 or 5 games two 2 or 3 of them were good except for sonic spinball and batman returns. My parents usually made me rent the games instead of purchasing those goods. Sure I did play good of genesis games, but some good gems missed out on, and some never finished.

Did you make your Nephew confess or did you steal them back? Try hiding your games when visits, or make him bored.
You took too long, now your candy's gone. That's What happens. Bkowwwww. (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)
Ack

by Ack Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:41 pm

I once traded actual money for Pit-Fighter on the SNES.
I have a movie review website now: https://moviereviewsbyamook.com/
Rurouni_Fencer
Next-Gen

by Rurouni_Fencer Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:47 am

Ack wrote:I once traded actual money for Pit-Fighter on the SNES.

:lol:
B/S/T Thread *Updated 7/30/11*
Rurouni_Fencer »» 39 (as of 6/27/2018)
Kevman
128-bit

by Kevman Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:49 am

I saved up forever for one of those famiclone game systems with 100 or so games. Got it from the mall and cost me something like $45 (this was on a $5 allowance every week). About a week or so later, the one and only time my sister's friend comes over, he asks to borrow it. My mom forced me and now about 5 or 6 years later I never got it back. Funny thing my sister and I see him on a regular basis (even more so now since he will be in high school with me).
GSZX1337
Next-Gen

by GSZX1337 Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:02 am

I never really traded video games very much (now Pokemon cards, that's a different story). I did however, lend a friend of mine a my copy of Kirby SuperStar and he lent me Kirby's Avalanche. We never got a hold of each other after that. :( Thankfully, I got it back (after paying $35 bucks for it).

If I could talk about GameStop trades, I could write a small novel on that shit. (I was but a young, handsome, foolish, kid.)
casterofdreams wrote:On PC I want MOAR FPS!!!|
Tullaian
8-bit

by Tullaian Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:57 am

By the time I got a super nintendo in the early 90s my brother and I had a decent collection of NES games. One day we decided to try to trade them at the flea market for some snes games. We traded all of our NES games including Contra Force, TMNT: Tournament Fighters, Ducktales 1&2, Metroid and some other stuff that I've found out was pretty rare for

Madden 94 and Captain America and the Avengers. :oops:
sevin0seven
Next-Gen

by sevin0seven Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:04 pm

whenever i think of trade/sale regrets, i always go back to my awesome atari lynx collection. :cry:

my first ever sale thread: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=6321&p=53922#p53922

most of the games were CIB too!
Visit my store: sevin0seven Marketplace
Bay Area Cali: Meet-up Thread
Custom Art Covers & Labels: Click here
Game Room: Click here
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:09 pm

once I sold Ikaruga (to sevin, haha)... a couple months later I bought another copy. :|
sevin0seven
Next-Gen

by sevin0seven Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:10 pm

noiseredux wrote:once I sold Ikaruga (to sevin, haha)... a couple months later I bought another copy. :|

really! :P
Visit my store: sevin0seven Marketplace
Bay Area Cali: Meet-up Thread
Custom Art Covers & Labels: Click here
Game Room: Click here
Return to Game Deals